Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf before      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Frisky Monkey
Msg: 40
asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf beforePage 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
The type of Asian girl who goes for Caucasian men tend to be Plump, have a ridiculous tan, somewhat dumpy looking with an overly loud voice, annoying opinionated and "proud" of her heritage in an obnoxious whitewashed expert way but doesn't really live it. And if she's isn't dumpy, she'll probably get a boob job and a ridiculous fake tan (ahem Tila Tequila).

The type of girls that most Asian guys want to date anyway are quieter, not necessarily submissive but know when to bring up an issue, size 6 at biggest (typically size 2), and being Asian is who they are, not just some novelty which they flaunt for the sake of exoticness.
 blueangel1023
Msg: 41
asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf before
Posted: 7/13/2008 9:52:43 PM

The type of Asian girl who goes for Caucasian men tend to be Plump, have a ridiculous tan, somewhat dumpy looking with an overly loud voice, annoying opinionated and "proud" of her heritage in an obnoxious whitewashed expert way but doesn't really live it. And if she's isn't dumpy, she'll probably get a boob job and a ridiculous fake tan (ahem Tila Tequila).

So all of sudden Tila is automatically the spokeswoman on behalf of all us asians? I admit I'm on the plumper side. I do have boobs and an ass (I don't need surgery for the future) but I don't fake 'n bake. I do tan easily outside, but it's au natural. Tila is Viet and they tend to be more "proud" of their heritage than other asians. I don't go yelling out "W00t! Azian pride 4eva!" I guess I must be the overly loud, annoying, dumpy, and opinionated asian you speak of? Wow, who could've thought...no wonder why asian guys hate me. Oh sh*t, guess what? I'm size 7.5 in shoes. Take that!
 Mexican_Teddybear
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/14/2008 12:22:46 AM
LOL fake n' bake,yeah I think only us latinos are the only ones that yell "hispanic pride forever!!!" I have a friend whos asian and she mostly likes latinos,never asked her but I will now since mostly I always see asain girls with white guys.But you know every single race has some kind of stereotype in relationship wise but I think whoever said that asian guys aren't forward with asking a asian girl is true.
 richcreamyhot
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:02:55 PM
I HAVE NEVER DATED AN ASIAN GUY BEFORE.
 blueangel1023
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:17:36 PM
Wow, this thread is totally off topic...lol.

I believe the MAIN point of the topic was asking if it's ok to date an asian girl who only dates or has a white guy as a bf. As I'm sure some people have their preferences, I don't think it should matter just as long as she's dating you because she likes YOU, not because of your race being a factor. Although I do prefer dating caucasians, I have dated hispanics as well. I did give dating an asian guy a go, but it did not work out well...lol (Reasons I do not want to disclose for I will run this thread off topic again) However, it is a turn off when a guy tells me "All I date were Asian women" It just goes to show you're picky and you don't give anyone else a chance out there. Not to mention the yellow fever craze is so overrated.
I don't go telling my dates "I love white boys" If they must ask about the guys I usually go for, sure I'll tell that a majority of them are white. However, I don't running my mouth and start giving a lecture on why I prefer white guys over everyone else. Just let it be, damn!

Oh and btw kit901, my dad was born in the US in 1957. My grandfather served in the US navy as a chef. I'm sure there's quite a few Asians who are born in the US that are around your age. Maybe you just never encountered any who would give you the time of day, or perhaps as you would say "are too shy to ask you out"
 La Gioconda
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/23/2008 5:56:54 AM
I have read few comments on this thread. I can 'hear' lots of 'arguing'. I want to say I understand people have their preference including the race they prefer to date. One of my friend would only date blacks, I know many caucausian men who do not feel any connection with Asian women, and yep they do reside in Vancouver. Having said all that, what is the moral of the story ... actually there isn't.

Everyone is entitled to date whoever they want. I don't find this phenomena that bizarre because of the geographical location we live in, yes there is lots of Asian Women here. I do have some theory and I tend to believe there is some truth in it. Please, don't start attacking me for it, because I said there is 'some' truth in what I want to say. I tend to agree with a couple of posters earlier in the thread who said there is little bit of 'myth'. Why? I think Asian represents 'exotica', it is such different world from the Western, so I tend to believe this one of the reason. I do have a friend who is obsessed with Asian Women, and I don't find it healthy. He talks a lot about them, as if there wasn't any other topic in the world, and in addition it seems to me he is objectifying them, by simply being attracted to race, not to a particular person. That's why I find it unhealthy, and definitely a 'myth'. Furthermore, he wasn't able to attract Asian woman in Canada, and went through the trouble of travelling abroad. Let's see what happens. He admitted that he finds Asian women in the country of origin less sophisticated (they want out). Just saying, go figure.

I don't see that many caucasian women being crazy about Asian men. So, this alone is also a phenomena to me, because here in Vancouver there is lots of them. So this is kind of interesting why?

I do believe there are some other hidden 'truths'. I have dated a couple of Asian Men in the past, it had got nothing to do with the race, I was originally attracted to them as people. I must admit I much more connected to my own race, and especially in the bedroom department, no question about it.

There are also other factors, like 'a sense of inferiority' that stems from historical backgrouond, it plays role in dating game, IMO. By the way I don't think any race is superior or inferior, I am talking about collective consciousness of various races.

There is a book written by Marguerite Duras, 'The Lover', she explores the topic further. And it is all about passion between two people in the first place. thnks

my 2 cents
 windloverr
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:56:40 AM
I think it is very sad that you are so prejudice. What difference does it make what color someone else is; and what color the person is they prefer to date? I wouldn't be concerned unless I was dating that person myself; and they said "I only date white people." Then I would be concerned that they are prejudice. I have a lot of non-white friends; and would not want to subject them to someone who would judge them based on their color. To answer your question, if I see an Asian girl and a white guy, I think, "They look happy"; I don't think "That Asian girl looks happy with that white guy who also looks happy."
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:25:56 AM
The asian girls that I dated typically were only dating white guys. One mentioned that she liked the looks of offspring between a caucasion and an asian.

However, where I live - it's so diversified that you are limiting yourself if you are only dating within your race.

I don't have any problems with inter-racial dating. It's the 21st century. Different strokes for different folks.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/1/2008 9:13:13 AM
There seems to be a lot of psychoanalyzing and mental masturbating going on in this thread. I prefer Asian women for the most basic reason men and women end up with one another... Physical attraction! To me, the average Asian woman is more physically attractive than the average (any other ethnicity you want to substitute). Does this mean I'm not attracted to women of other color? No. I' just not AS attracted to the average white woman, black woman, hispanic woman, or what have you.

I have no more control over this than I do my basic sexual preference for women in general rather than men. Is it so hard to believe that Asian women could feel the same way toward another ethnic group, that most commonly exhibits the physical traits she desires most? Whether it be white, black, or the many Asian women that will not for any reason date outside their race. Yes, these women exhist as well.
 jet_45
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/1/2008 10:22:50 AM
lol not my parents who are tradtional chinese folks, i never heard asian folks who tell their kids that white is right . lol most of them call them the white gwai lows. lol. i hvae friends family members who says white ppl have no family connefctions, they are lazy......etc goes on
those asian who said white is right is probably the self hate or whtie wasehed not the asian ppl i now of. lol
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/2/2008 8:28:29 AM
Never heard that before, what's carpenters dream?

It's from a very old joke.... "She's a carpenter's dream. Flat as a board and easy to nail."

"Xsploosh" is obviously very bitter toward Asian women. I'm thinking jealousy. Maybe she's lost at least one man to Asian women. Or someone she has her eye on prefers them to her. Who knows? She seems to be quite a nasty person regardless.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/2/2008 5:11:43 PM

Posted By: xsploosh on 8/2/2008 638 PM

Message: :hardayknight: I am not a servent to any man especially men like you. Men are also flat as a board and easy to nail, so which do you prefer. Jealousy, My parents are white so i dont have to be who Iam not. You only call me nasty cause I ignored your profile.

Excuse me. How did I suggested you, or anyone else, were "servants?" If you yourself are suggesting that Asian women are subserviant, you obviously do not know what you are talking about. People of all ethnicities register all along the personality scale. None of the Asian women I have dated, or known, could ever be confused for door-mats. In fact, some were among the most outgoing, strong, and charactered people I have ever met. It may make you feel better to hold onto that particular stereotype, to preserve your own self-image, but it is a false assumption to make.

I looked at your profile after reading your posts out of curiosty, as I do with many posters. I just commented on your nasty attitude toward people of another ethnicity, based on your posts in this thread, which make no sense unless you have personal reasons for them.

Why would I care if you ignored my profile? In fact, please do.
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/2/2008 9:25:06 PM
Maybe it is because they all look like jackie Chan, bruce lee, or Jet lee!

hehe, jk jk jk jk jk, just finished watching a funny episode of family guy and peter thought that some asian guy was jackie chan, so that made me think of this.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/2/2008 10:45:44 PM
xsploosh,

Are really this stupid, or is it an act?
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/3/2008 11:59:42 AM
At least it isn't someone that dates out of their species!

ewwwww, thats creepy
 yellowfishy
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:55:04 PM
From my own personal experience on POF, just trying to IM white girls usually gets no response. Any comments on that or similar experiences?
 jet_45
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/15/2008 11:32:47 PM
ya so true, msot of the asian girls with white guys i noticed, the asian girls are chubby face, flat facesand not good looking or at most just average plain jane.
the white guys are like dorky napeleon dynamite types .

i mean you ever hear of high end white guys who are successful with asian girls-ah no. look at brad pitt, tom cruise, george bush, . in white society having a asian girls is like lower class

you hardly ggoing hear or see a asian girl whos a engineer, doctor, lawyer and come from a well off family with a white guy. most of them are with asian guy.
 Soul Union
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/15/2008 11:49:35 PM
I know I don't want a housewife, but I do love the beauty of asian women. - webquagmire

And I love the beauty of Caucasian women.

When I think of the likes of Diana Dors, Marilyn Monroe, Barbara Stanwyck, and Greer Garson, their feminine pulchritude makes my head spin and my heart race: shapely and voluptuous, sensuous, and entirely female. And they speak-a my language, which makes my life a whole lot easier.

Here's to Caucasian women. Your beauty never ceases to fascinate me.

- Peter
 StevenCheese
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/17/2008 1:42:45 AM
Little girl stop trolling and get a life.
Most people here are adult enough to know the crap you spewed was just to stir up some drama. For your post.
I think it's just the way this country markets everyone, over and over it's kind of brainwashing. Like they did in the philapines after they massacred the locals and set up teaching the kids their way of thinking.
A lot of the self hate is abhorable, it's not who they date, but to say that the people of their culture are weaker or unattractive to their ridiculous standards is simply mind boggling dumb.

EDIT: this post was originally made to dumpling girl bashing asian men.
 jet_45
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/17/2008 5:28:07 PM
lol julie chen from big brother is not hot, she just at most avg

the korean girl with nichloas cage is just a plain gold digger lol only reason she with a baldy is since he is rich and fmaous
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/18/2008 4:59:07 AM
In my opinion I think the whole thread is swimming in a 9 pound bag of crap.

How long ago did the white men murder and pillage and you're still beating that pony? UG.
A pre-American Native Indian?
What the hell?

Give it a rest.
My family was persecuted and killed in their home land too, my grandmother 6 generations back was murdered in her own kitchen by men over running her home and city, they were forced to stand and die or flee -most of mine fled on the first boat outta there.

Bad topic, wish I hadn't stopped by to see it.
 duckling
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:57:41 AM
That's an interesting point. I always found asian women to be really sexy, but never dated one because in my day they tended to be too subservient for my tastes. I've always preferred confident, independant woman unafraid to state an opinion. Maybe I should have been looking for a "white-washed Asian girl"!
 KoreanPerson
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/17/2009 12:10:49 PM
Some reasons why some Asian girls only date white guys:

1. They think it's the cool thing to do.
2. They have a predisposed notion that all Asians are wife beaters with no manners.
3. They just like white guys and find Asians unattractive.
4. It's a source of pride to go against the grain by dating someone outside their race. Traditionally, it was frowned upon in many Asian cultures to date outside your race. You can see some rebellion here in play.
5. They had it hard dating other Asians because Asians don't find them attractive, but white people do.
6. There are a lack of Asians they relate to culturally. If they are raised around white people and are most comfortable with that, there might be a lack of Asians in the area that share the same cultural values. Asian-Americans that only hang out with other Asian-Americans are still very different, culturally, from those that were raised around the "mainstream" white crowd.
7. They had bad experiences dating other Asians, found 1 white guy that treated her differently and concluded that race was the factor dictating how they were treated.

I don't like Asian girls that date white people exclusively because it is a source of pride for them, and just like there has been a huge yellow fever jump, there has been a growing number of Asian girls that loudly and proudly date white people and demean Asian males. There is a best of craigslist post made by this one Chinese guy that sat down to have coffee at a Starbucks next to some Asian girl. The Asian girl apparently thought he would start hitting on her, so she hit on the closest white person, loudly, to show that she she's not interested in dating other Asians. That's just stupid. If that's your deal, then good for you. Don't make a scene of it like we're lesser than human.

These are just my observations and not a statement of facts.
 kpooks
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 1:34:36 AM
I adore Asian women. Dated a Vietnamese, and she was very soft, sensitive and sensual, intelligent, good work ethic, great sense of humor, very quiet...all very appealing qualities.

Can't speak for Asian men, because I'm (quite) white, but I attended many family dinners with this Asian lady's family, and the man ruled the roost, no question about it. Leads me to believe that Asian cultures are very patriarchal and male-dominated, with women being subjugated or made to be servants. No judgment one way or another about that patriarchal culture (I like to look at women as equals or peers), but perhaps that's why Asian women tend to prefer white men...! They don't want to be dominated...!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > asian girl who has never dated or had a asian bf before