Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flyingiguana
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Attracting the wrong type of guy...is it my fault?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
do you message anyone?
 _Red_
Msg: 5
Attracting the wrong type of guy...is it my fault?
Posted: 6/29/2008 9:45:11 PM
There's stupid men mixed in with the good ones here just as anywhere else.

If you're getting alot of those messages, I would switch your main profile pic, possibly even delete that one and just leave the others. Honestly, I think your second photo, the face pic is very nice.

If you want men to appreciate something other then your breast size, show them something different. I would really use pic #2 and then hit "block user" for the morons that send the rude messages.
 Countrypride22
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/29/2008 9:46:44 PM
you wanna know why guys comment about your bra size ... well hunny just look at you... you post a picture that shows your tits being almost as big as Dolly Partons... and expect nothing to come of it... don't make brunettes look bad to please... How about you post a picture of your face and as you get to know someone post a full body picture ... that way you get to know them for them and they get to know you before asking about your bra size...
 Countrypride22
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/29/2008 9:52:49 PM
i know what its like to have people ask the bra size thing and i know its annoying thats why i said put a face picture up first... That way you really get to know someone
 _Red_
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/29/2008 9:57:39 PM
OP - I honestly think the profile pic switch will not only get you even more messages but alot less rude ones. It's a very attractive photo and a much better choice IMHO.

As for the horse riding, I think some of the male posters may have missed your point with that. I'm guessing you're getting rude remarks about "riding?" I wouldn't change anything about that in your profile, just hit block for the asses that are rude enough to contact you in that way.
 _Red_
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:02:58 PM
No problem and on the riding thing, I used to get that also. The cool part of it is, it's an easy way to know quickly which guys are just interested in getting laid so it clears them out of the way fast.
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:11:19 PM
I gotta say this, if someone continuously attracts people they can't stand it's probably something they're puttin out there.

I, for example, seem to attract insane women with heavy emotional baggage. I know it's something I'm putting out there but I'm still working on what it is.

Sometimes you just gotta go for someone you normally wouldn't. Maybe that's a pirate, maybe that's a nerdy f*ck, maybe that's a gamer, maybe that's a lawyer, maybe it's a guy with old John Mccain balls, maybe it's a guy that can't say the word balls for religious reasons. Who knows, but you gotta break the nasty cycle.
 _Red_
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:14:09 PM

, for example, seem to attract insane women with heavy emotional baggage. I know it's something I'm putting out there but I'm still working on what it is.

Ok...don't take this the wrong way Explosivesheep but...could it be because your main profile pic looks almost as tho you're standing there jerking off or taking a leak? Sorry if that was offensive but everytime I see one of your posts, it just jumps right out at me and I finally had to say it!
 _Red_
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:28:29 PM
Klopper, you really need to drink less when posting.

OP- the riding picture says something about you. It's your work and something you enjoy. Personally, I wouldn't remove it just because of a couple of creeps. It's a nice photo as was your other face pic. I would add more full length photos later, maybe just ones with less revealing tops is all. Nothing wrong with your choice in clothes but if the pics are creating hassles for you, it's not worth it on here.
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:51:49 PM
Nothing wrong with the one on the horse. Just like I said start approaching men or just picking up on ones that have more to talk about than your boobs. Obviously not guys that have profiles pictures that scream "I'm beating off and/or taking a piss for the camera." Unless bad pictures work for you, but even then... sadly it could never be.
 _Red_
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:53:22 PM

I'm so glad you have a sense of humor.
 slybandit
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/30/2008 2:42:00 PM
thoughts?

Thought #1: this belongs in the profile reviews section, not here.

Thought #2: re: the guys who want to know your bra size. Two words: block user. It is fast, simple, easy and to-the-point. And more effective than a sports bra, offline.

Thought #3: re: not much time to socialize. That is a choice you are making, and here I am speaking as a professional with multiple degrees who frequently works a 60+ hour week. You can find time to socialize if you choose to make time to do that.

Thought #4: The number of men who are intimidated by certain women is a lot smaller than the number of men who certain women *think* are intimidated by them. There is a difference between being blunt, and merely being rude. Being well-educated hardly excuses either; in fact, the opposite is more logical.

Thought #5: You are online. Of course you are attracting the wrong kind of guys. Quod erat demonstrandum.
 xeot
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:51:25 PM

yeah I had a tank top on under that...bad photo
so I removed all but the one face photo.
see if that works?

And I have to find this thread now? After the pictures have been removed? What horrible timing! :)

A single face pic only can create a set of negative assumptions, but it will cut down on the messages. :)

I'll try to be serious now.

There are a lot of idiots online just like there are in a bar or club. There's no avoiding them really. I believe there are women out there who respond to that sort of nonsense because otherwise they would stop doing it. Some women must respond to it. Since those sort of replies require little to no effort they can make them by the thousands.

But to answer your question, no it's not your fault idiots respond to you they basically send out hundreds to thousands of replies they put no thought into, they are playing a numbers game. Eventually they find a woman who responds to it.

As far as attracting non-idiots, the more meaningful text in your profile, the better.

If you were close by I'd try to come up with something to say based on your profile. (especially if there was a picture that was "boob-obvious! " :) ) But because your profile is so short it would be a couple lines at best, and no crude jokes either. Maybe just a bad one.... :)
 Wullis
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:30:21 PM
Well ..........

1) The guy that doesn't notice the attributes that God gave you to attract our attention isn't going to be much of a man. BUT if he isn't evolved enough to carry on a conversation without bringing it up ...........he's not much of a catch.

2) Suggestion be more specific in your interest section(eg.....horses and dogs vs animals). I raised Arabs for years so I check from time to time to see who in my area is into horses. I am a sculptor so I put "artist " in to see what artists are in the area. You should get more responses in tune with your social/intellectual level

You are living in "Horse City USA" there should be a line for an attractive, intelligent horsewoman with goals. I know there was when I lived there ........a long one!!

Lastly an attractive woman will always attract an inordinate amount of jerks, just weed them out. If it was easy none of us would be here
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/1/2008 1:09:03 AM
That last post made me cringe as far as dating advice goes. She's worried about the quality of men she's meeting and the solution is to "get drunk more at frat parties." haha wow.. That's right up there with "Makes ure you tell guys you're on the pill when you're not cause if you get pregnant that means you'll turn a loser into a quality match that will love you for who you are, I know this because I watched knocked up."

*edit* I was telling my friend about this and he for some reason looked up Frat Party on urban dictionary. Definately worth looking up haha.

"A sausage fest with douchebag frat boys who let a lot of girls in and hardly any guys so they can slip date rape drugs into the girls drink and have sex with them because obviously they can't rely on their charm. "
 opnmydm
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:34:13 AM
putting your breasts out there to see in this dating world will attract alot of the wrong people, if you desire to show them off , be prepared for some rude comments from the bottom feeders out there..we are not in europe were all are ok with partial nudity, here in the states it is viewed as being overtly sexual..sad but true
 xeot
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 9:05:16 PM
re: Msg: 51

Someone already pointed out the quality aspect that won't be found at drunken frat parties, so I'll skip that.

There is something else you're missing and that may be the male to female ratio where she is. Where I went, a good year was 8 guys to every girl. A good year... a bad year was 10 or more to 1.
 Vancer
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/2/2008 8:21:18 PM
Lawman In Black is right. On the internet there are a lot of people who just love to mess with others because they won't get in trouble. I bet many of the lewd messages you get seriously don't expect a reply. And if you did reply to them, I bet they would crank it up 20 notches just for kicks.
 halfof430
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:03:25 AM
I'd suggest patience... if you're just accepting messages and comments. Wait until someone has something worthwhile to say.

Otherwise, I suggest just sending a message to someone who seems to share some of the same interests as you do.

Then again, I'm a new person around these parts.... so what do I know XD! But for serious, just like anything else, there's people who won't interest you and a few who might. And, the same is true for other people... you either interest them or you don't. Some people's interests can't be held for very lo--oh look! A butterfly!
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/4/2008 2:44:27 AM

Most men are insecure...Especially at 23

It's true. I'm 23 and very insecure. "Wait! What!?"

Oh and by the by, seriously take the advice a few of us have thrown out there. Start approaching men (in any way readily available) that appeals to you. That puts the ball in your court, that gives you the power and it gives you the ability to ignore some of the ballsy punks that approach you and maybe go after some of the ones that didn't, there's no law that says men have to make first contact.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 10:00:12 AM
I checked out your profile. You're bright...you're pretty. Simply put you have it going on. This site is full of all types of men and women. Simply put, don't judge our gender because of the emails of a few.

You may not find Mr. Right here, but you will find a man of quality of that I'm sure.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/4/2008 2:25:45 PM
My best friend in HS was pretty well endowed and the nicest person. She had the worst (unearned) reputation soley based on her breast sized. I never envied her size because I saw how she was treated and it sucked.

IF you are attracting guys soley based on their attraction to your chest then it's not your fault. On the other hand (only if this applies otherwise discard) if your using them for attention then it is your fault - only you can answer that. I think you have good input here, and of course some not so good.

Unfortunately no matter what you will have some of those boobboys drooling just because your boobobvious (lol). Who cares, be you. And the men who are more mature will know the difference. Obviously, some go through puberty at later points in life (some MUCH later - guys and gals).
 xeot
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 9:30:22 PM
aka NOT cleavage bearing, boob-obvious half-naked pics like so many others on this site.hopefully these links work.

Those pics are nothing... merely a little hint that there is boobage (for the lack of a better word). Basically enough to create some curiosity but not more than that.

I guess some guys are just crude. But then again, someone must respond to that or they wouldn't do it.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >