Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Do You Have Any Creative Replies or Statements to Sales Telephone CallsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Well, I only have a cell phone now - primarily for this reason. Plus, who needs two phones.

My best one was with the Montreal Gazette sales staff. I work overnights, and I found myself in a position of getting woken up by sales calls from them regularly.

I told them of that fact, it didn't seem to bother anyone. I said to not call me again.

They continued...

Finally, I realized nothing I said would stop them. Or maybe not...

The phone rang, and I put my plan into action ( rough idea of what followed)

Q) Would you like a subscription to the Gazette.

A) Is this your idea of some sick joke ?

Q) Pardon me ?

A) Really, I guess you think this type of thing is funny ?

Q) I am sorry Sir, I don't understand...

A) You phone a BLIND MAN, and ask him if he wants a subscription to a NEWSPAPER !!!!!!

( Long silence.........)

A) I'm very sorry sir, we will remove your name from our list.

They never called me again.

I felt bad about the deception, but they left me no other choice.
 DragonofPG
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Do You Have Any Creative Replies or Statements to Sales Telephone Calls
Posted: 6/10/2005 1:43:12 PM
Most of what I use has already been said here...
But ya I love to pick on the religious who come to my door...Do we have a thread for that yet???
 DragonofPG
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Do You Have Any Creative Replies or Statements to Sales Calls or Pitches
Posted: 6/10/2005 4:38:49 PM
I go alot further than just down to the underware...I'm a stage performer and own many of my own costumes...including one that looks as though I've been performing ritual sacrafices in my basement...and of coarse...I have to ask them in...BTW...I have 16 swords in my living room alone, and a few severed heads I made up for a show some time ago...hahaha
I've also found they're not too keen on a philosophical discussion about the nature of their religion
 stealth2
Msg: 10
Do You Have Any Creative Replies or Statements to Sales Calls or Pitches
Posted: 7/11/2005 4:15:31 PM
Beware of a bill collecting company called CompuCredit which will show up on your caller ID. They have a computer that called my home five or six times every day. When you answer, a human came on the line. Seems they had the wrong Steath 2, some other guy with the same name. They won't stop making the calls, the calls went on for a month, every day. I told them off and they refused to stop calling. They think you are the one who owes money to Target or J. C. Penneys.

Other telemarketers, tell them to hold for a moment, then just never come back to the phone. They will waste their time.
 sammysalt
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/25/2005 7:32:30 PM
I don't get them, but I get a lot of people calling wanting to know about something listed in the paper, like puppies. Say they have the wrong number. I look in the paper, and guess what no puppies. I think people just want to know what I sound like. LOL People are so silly.
 jefcoat
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2005 7:30:28 AM
I have sure fire way to deal with telemarketers. Once they start talking I let them talk for a bit then I slam the receiver of the table a few times and yell into the mouth peice the voices in my head I cant handle it yell that out until they hang up. I learned that one when a guy did it to me when I was a telemarketer.

With the Mormoms or JW's I put my hand on their shoulders and start into a fake prayer like free theese demons they usually run away.

Door to door sales people just go bizzerk march around the foyer crying about how much it ticks you off that you girl left you kick a garbage can that is there just for this purpose. And amway calls invite them over. Run to the a laundryt mat and buy a box of of soap and stuff from the dispensor machines and try to sign them up to your own company and if they say no flip out hit the table real hard and go into a thing about why on green acres would they even consider coming trying to scam you get out and never come back.

I have done them all and some others The other day I pretended to cry when I got a call for someone that does not live hear. I cried why do you phone me I told you it was over. Stop lying to me its over I know its you you can't fool me you lyer. About that time she hung up.
 professora
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2016 8:03:26 PM
There is an app now that sounds like a real person taking these calls and wasting the callers time with all sorts of silly, lengthy pranks.

I don't know how to locate the app but it was advertised as available.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >