Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Do hearts harden with age?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Personally I feel as men and women age we loose that simple openness we use to have. Yes we were naive 30 to 40 years ago but love hit us over the head (heart) so much easier. The walls are so much higher now and most older individuals allow our "Wisdom" to protect us.

The game of love rewards risk-taking with pleasure. Staying single rewards caution with safety. Being too picky is a way of playing it safe to avoid losing again. I think this is a female strategy that men, with time, adopt.

By keeping her hair up, Rapunzel gets no men tangled in it. They remain below where they can't touch her, below her window, drawn by her lament but unable to ascend.

Some men pretend to be too picky but should look out their window and count the absent women there. Women don’t wait around for men to let down the hair they no longer may have.
 timeforall
Msg: 198
Do hearts harden with age?
Posted: 1/23/2013 2:33:06 PM
This depends on how we perceived our past relationships. For example, in my youth I dated a girl I was crazy about, but she was a complete and total baitch. The way she was hardened me quite a bit, actually for the better. As a result I was stronger and more prepared for the next baitch that came my way, and she never got out of the starting gate before I quickly shut her down. Pretty soon, I was very good at seeing the baitches for what they were before I even started dating them, which helped me avoid issues in the first instance. And since there are so many female baitches, this is a very important ability to have. So yea, my heart became harder . . but for the better too.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/23/2013 2:38:40 PM
I think some do...Its hard to live with an open heart and some dont make it. I think some peeps respond by becoming jaded, bitter or angry too. However, I dont believe thats everyone or even a majority. Hopefully some of us just become wiser with age.
 Vannili
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2013 12:31:31 AM
I am romantic at heart forever, if there is no romance there is no love. I don't regret these experienced from people passing through in my life or me passing through in their life .

My heart did not harden with age but wiser . In this journey of life ,we learned some lessons to be a better person than yesterday on connecting with another person.
 Smurfhawk
Msg: 201
Posted: 1/28/2013 1:51:27 AM
I agree what you said...
 wcratz2012
Msg: 202
Posted: 1/28/2013 6:12:04 PM
The answer can go in many directions due to the amount of variables involved.
 ForumsGee
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:00:47 PM
Simply put..YES!!
 wcratz2012
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:22:16 PM
I used to loath everyone.
Now I just hate them.
See, people can change if they try.
 LG2727
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2013 8:30:54 PM
I havent lost anything, I have gained the ability, thank you God! to not be such a whiny drama baby when it comes to other people not giving me what I want(like love) . Now, if something truly bad happens, the death of a loved one etc, then thats different. But, if anyone thinks I'm going to waste another minute or one more tear on some schmuck that didnt work out, they are sadly mistaken. Life is to short to let some jerk make you feel bad.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >