Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 easyguy71
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Moving to Calgary...any advice?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
It's a nighmare going through the city, and tourists end up missing the views because of it.
Someone wrote that and someone else agreed to it.

Shouldn't they be paying attention to the road instead of gasping in awe at the views? Especially if they are tourists who are unfamiliar with the area, shouldn't they be paying attention? Especially in a city setting where drivers are a tad more agressive in their attempt to live life on a schedule or to be first in the car lines?
 3808Test
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Moving to Calgary...any advice?
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:44:31 PM
Breakfast? I *love* breakfast. It's one of my favourite meals.

Alluria,

Welcome to Calgary and Marda Loop. I live in the Loop, and I love it.

You mentioned that you were looking for a gym. ProBodies is a decent gym, and the price is right. If you want to go a little farther afield, there's Gold's Gym and Mount Royal college close by.

Speaking of breakfast... There's a decent place in the area. The name is pronounced Fantasic Pancake House, but the spelling is some alphabet soup jumple. I'm not even going to try to spell it. It's just off Crowchild at 54th.

Garrison Pub has a pretty good brunch, and Original Joe's does too. There are a couple other restaurants in the neighbourhood that I've been dying to try.

Geez, I'm hungry now...

S.

PS: The name of the pancake place is Pfanntastic Pannenkoek House. I can be forgiven for not being able to spell it.

PPS: Now I have a craving...
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >