Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brunett27
Msg: 63
Do men like it when women contact them first?Page 2 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I would rather him make the first contact, although I do make it toward him sometimes. I like to be pursued though, rather than the pursuer, and I don't chase if I don't hear a response back if I do happen to contact a man first.
 msudeere
Msg: 66
Do men like it when women contact them first?
Posted: 7/7/2008 9:29:54 AM
I really like when approached first and any man that interprets this as meaning the lady is desperate and easy to get in bed is and idiot
 bigsexyteddybear
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:56:29 PM
Well since I am a big guy, I never really know what lady would be attracted to me. What age bracket, ethnicity, size, education, etc, you name it. So unless I was to "spam" every woman in my geographical area I would have no idea who would be interested in me. Ever wonder why some men send cut-n-paste to every woman on here? Well, to be honest you almost have too. Look at our age it doesn't get any easier. Most of us don't go out to bars, really don't want to try the pick-up at the store, and in some sad way have resigned to think were might meet that special someone when we hit the retirement home (course I heard being single in a retirement home can be pretty fun )...LOL

On the internet there is no glance, no meeting of the eyes, no 'that look' you can get, a simple smile that acknowledges you. Other times it might be a look of disgust or that 'don't even try to talk to me' look. These are the signs and signals we get in 'real life'. But on the internet they are not available.

So ladies, if you run across a man you think you might be interested in, drop him a line. He probably doesn't even know you are on here.

Remember, you can't catch a fish if you don't put your hook in the water otherwise, your only baiting your hook and well after a while that might make you a master...baiter...

OK OK bad joke...don't hate me...lol But the rest is sincere!
 swingpup
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 9:27:58 AM
Yes, I enjoy being contacted by a woman. I have always enjoyed assertive women a woman that goes after what she desires not only personally but in the business world as well.

If she is in the "operational area" I will meet her for at the least an iced tea.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/8/2008 12:07:02 PM

If she is in the "operational area" I will meet her for at the least an iced tea.

...Huh? * Scrathes her head and wonders what he means by that? *

...maeflowers

Joe33647
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 12:32:03 PM
If it ever happens I'll let you know. Right now I'm in the dreaded "read-deleted, or unread-deleted" zone when I send a note out. Maybe I should encourage first contact on my profile like I saw posted before?
 dustyknight
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/8/2008 1:41:05 PM
There is a huge double standard between the sexes and this is yet another instance. If a male says hello first, he may be considered pushy or worse. I recently complimented a fishie on her looks and immediately she wrote back "she wasn't interested because I was just after sex!" . It was "wow you are certainly a nice looking woman!.." how simple!
So..I will always let the lady make the first move so as not to seem too anxious or generate any other reason she might think my intentions were dubious, less than honorable in nature.
I did reply that she was absolutely wrong, that I was misjudged unfairly. That not every male wanted just sex from her.
Read my posts, they are always complimentary with much courtesy implied.
The list of double standards grows daily:
A woman who is sexually agressive, is branded a slut.
A male horndawg is praised as a stud..
dusty
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/8/2008 2:04:28 PM

I recently complimented a fishie on her looks and immediately she wrote back "she wasn't interested because I was just after sex!" . It was "wow you are certainly a nice looking woman!.." how simple!

...Sorry, you caught me on a bad day. ......ok, ok....bad joke, I did say in my profile not everyone gets my sense of humour.

Hey don't feel bad, I've been shot down too....I'm still licking some of the wounds haha

...maeflowers
 dustyknight
Msg: 76
Posted: 7/9/2008 9:32:53 AM
singin "call me don't be afraid just call me" email, write a note in the sand, on the tailgate of my truck before I wash it, in lipstick on my mirror, tape it to my harley winshield... but above all just contact me! lol

*mae* flowers
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:00:57 AM

singin "call me don't be afraid just call me" email, write a note in the sand, on the tailgate of my truck before I wash it, in lipstick on my mirror, tape it to my harley winshield... but above all just contact me! lol

...Unfortunately, thats impossible with your restrictions....thats ok, I'll send up smoke signals haha

...maeflowers
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:22:06 AM
Dont feel sad Maeflowers, I live in the states and couldnt contact Dusty either. Guys if you want a lady to contact you, you might remove some of the restrictions on your profile.

I still think that when a man contacts a woman first, granted some women are just seeking an ego stroke, it allows the female to feel more comfortable as the relationship progresses...I know the few times I tried I just felt like I was pulling teeth and couldnt tell if they were responding cause they liked me or just to be nice but Im grumpy today anyway :P
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:46:20 AM

Dont feel sad Maeflowers, I live in the states and couldnt contact Dusty either. Guys if you want a lady to contact you, you might remove some of the restrictions on your profile.

... Let it be known that at least two females tried contacting you "first" haha. You must have recently changed your restrictions cause at one time I did exchange an e-mail or two with ya.

...maeflowers
 dustyknight
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:53:02 AM
Ladies, the only restriction I have is you are not married..so sweet ladies I have no

clue why your mail won't go through.......
I checked 2x and no restrictions there so I have no idea why you can't mail.

dusty
 dustyknight
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:42:22 PM
post script,

MsMocha..you have distance restrictions on your email so we can't contactyou.
I assure you I am all male and act like a grown man should. As I stated earlier if you do contact a lady she either assumes you are pushy, after sex or just doesn't respond so I find it's easier to respond to someone that is interested in me or wants to talk to me.
dusty

wearyly looking for that elusive beauty that waits for me and me alone..

marita_b
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 1:53:05 PM
I used never make the first contact with men. Being old fashioned, I preferred for men to make the first contact with me too. In fact I had no idea that his search criteria might simply not have you in it because you're a year off in age for example. Don't assume that just because you can see him means that he's seeing you in his search results.

<div class="quote"> If you add the guy to your favorites and then he contacts you, would that be ok to you? </div c>

This is what I have done up until today,....
Apparently until today,..... I had no clue or was completely wrong in what men thought about this issue,.... thanks for clearing all that up for me fellas
 surely im shirley
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:12:11 PM
Shimbo...aka Mr. Deleted and Unread.
My opinion only...
Your attempt at a profile and the lack of a picture explains your lack of response. Your "prefer not to say" in every category shows non-committment and the possibility that you have something to hide. Do you actually consider your introduction as communication?
 dustyknight
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/9/2008 5:52:43 PM
^^^^ just real life dating experience. Although mostly I wish I had very little experience and with the life long love I seek. I never ever would had guessed to be single this long..
So on topic yes I prefer they contact me..it seems to work best.
dusty
 dustyknight
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/11/2008 9:01:45 AM
I am truly glad not all fishies think like the above posters!
I get many emails daily, some to just say hello..yes from women..the hussys! lol
I don't think men as a whole believe that a woman is an easy mark if she contacts them first, maybe in a boys mind..
In my youth I liked the chase and prolly wouldn't have dated someone chasing me but as a mature adult..gulp..oh no..I'm my dad..ok he was cool!..I realize the women messeging me are not hot to trot wanting sex..they are secretarys, doctors and yes even retail sales women looking for a chance to meet someone to date..simple as that..
If you were raised to not make first contact..great!...but that was 1958 and this is 2008 where yes, believe it or not women are equal in most things and are NOT whores and sluts or looking for sex by contacting a man they are interested in.
I'm sure glad the women in NW IN don't feel as some of you do..
Manners are manners no matter what geographical area you live or come from.
I tend to believe most are citing extremes and not the norm in 2008.
fishin is better'n wishin!
Dusty

catman40
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/12/2008 6:03:46 AM
I have given up making first contact because of the low response rate . I respond to a woman . but , get nothing back . That why , I let the woman contact me .
 bikesnboats4ever
Msg: 101
Posted: 7/12/2008 6:52:25 AM
I think this thread obviously shows that the preferences are based on each individual. I have no problem either way. I do my share of pursuing but find it flattering if a woman contacts me first. I don't think bad of a woman that contacts me first. It's still who the person is that I base my opinions on.
 surely im shirley
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:56:54 AM
[Men have to deal with this all the time. The men I've talked with say that they get about a 10% response rate from the Internet dating sites. The number one complaint from men is about the non responsiveness of women.]

OP and all...Initially, I had no need to contact men first. Being a new fish in the pond, I had so much email intially, I felt like I had a full time job responding to each and every one. Now things have levelled off, and I take the time to contact men whose profiles I have found intriguing enough to want to know more. If they don't respond...I wouldn't want to know them anyway. If they respond in a "thanks but no thanks" manner, thats' OK too, but I appreciate the courtesy. Others...I have enjoyed chatting with them, and we arranged a meeting, or the conversation simply dropped off...or we may send each other a line now and again. I haven't had to block anyone yet. I think people on all levels respond to respect and courtesy in a positive manner and a compliment or two before the 'rejection' seems to cushion the blow.

Why should men make all of the first contacts? Is this not an equal opportunity web site? Women have the vote now...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >