Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dustyknight
Msg: 223
Do men like it when women contact them first?Page 5 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I think I look at the viewed me feature different than some of you.
I check it and see who has checked my profile, if I have an interest, I email them if they didn't email me after viewing my profile.
Adding me as a favorite is another thing, if you add me and never email me or talk to me in the forums I'll delete you. I feel it's like being monitored for some reason.
OT: it's nice to see the many opinions..I think there does seem to be a male/female divide on how we feel about this issue..
dusty
 catman40
Msg: 224
Do men like it when women contact them first?
Posted: 7/31/2008 4:32:51 AM
I look at alot of profiles . 90% are out of state ( wisconsin ) that makes it hard . IF , your in wisconsin . I am yours . Live close to oshkosh I am yours .
 sparticis
Msg: 228
Posted: 7/31/2008 1:17:20 PM
I Like it when women contact me first, show's they are forward enough to go get what they want.When i do the email thing honestly? Most women never reply ,figure they are not interested , or lookings for THE ONE haha how are you going to know just by what people write in there profile ..................since you can be what ever you want to be on here. I have a conversation with them at least to see how the fitt really is.Meet lots of interesting people that way also.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 233
Do men like it?
Posted: 7/31/2008 11:15:39 PM

I prefer it.
 BigSofty1956
Msg: 234
Posted: 8/1/2008 10:50:45 AM
Most definitely definitely definitely yes. I think this is the way it works, or should work:

Man posts blurb and pic on profile.
Man looks at 100's of woman profile blurbs and profile pics, likes lots of them, sends emails to some he is particularly attracted too ... and waits for a response like a doggie waiting for his treat ... and the response never comes.

Woman posts blurb and (no) pic on profile.
Woman looks at profiles with pics only. If she likes a pic she reads the blurb. If she likes the blurb she makes first contact.
Man is flattered, honored and stunned. Man, upon recovery of senses, now that the ice has been broken by woman, and has met a woman on POF no matter what the outcome of the meeting.

Women making first contact with men should be the unwritten protocol of internet dating, in my ever so humble opinion.
 Lucy Lucy loo
Msg: 235
Posted: 8/1/2008 5:56:33 PM
Touche. Everyone is on here to meet. If you don't ask you don't get...life rule #33 or 34... Playing coy is part of game playing which most people don't like or so they say
 deere rancher
Msg: 238
Posted: 8/2/2008 2:02:21 PM
SMART MEN DON'T
A WOMEN WHO'S AGRESSIVE ENOUGH TO CONTACT YOU
WILL DO THE SAME TO SOMEONE ELSE WHILE YOUR AT WORK SOMEDAY
 deere rancher
Msg: 244
Posted: 8/3/2008 8:09:09 AM
OK i guess my position was not entirely thruthful
i do enjoy it when women contact me first , but i think there are times when it's inapproriate
 deere rancher
Msg: 246
Posted: 8/3/2008 8:27:23 AM
apple
i m sure like most women you have spent most of your life in denial
because even a fool can see there is an element of truth in my original statement
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 247
Posted: 8/3/2008 9:01:03 AM

sometimes this site feels like a grade 8 dance all over again. We look at you,, you look at us, but nobody wants to be the one to ask the other to dance

...Funny that you should mention that, I had the same thought. I hated that about school dances, the boys on one side of the room, girls on the other.....always hoping someone would ask you to dance....but now we're past all that school kid stuff right?...Right?

...maeflowers
 deere rancher
Msg: 249
Posted: 8/3/2008 10:22:26 AM
apple i have already seen that pic of you
 deere rancher
Msg: 250
Posted: 8/3/2008 10:34:40 AM
sorry ren man
but its a late in your life for me to start teaching
common sense 101
 Moonchild51
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 10:46:37 AM

SMART MEN DON'T
A WOMEN WHO'S AGRESSIVE ENOUGH TO CONTACT YOU
WILL DO THE SAME TO SOMEONE ELSE WHILE YOUR AT WORK SOMEDAY

^^^ Mr. G? I would respectfully disagree with your statement. Perhaps you have "personal" experience that you have not dealt with yet? Surely most men don' t have this chain of thought?
 dustyknight
Msg: 254
Posted: 8/3/2008 11:13:22 AM
So..along the same lines...why do women put you on their favorite list and never email or talk to you..to track us or what? I had 3 do that this am that I never spoke to either in the forum or email so I deleted them. what is the point to favorite someone you never communicated with?
I would never do that just to find their profile or see what changes they make in their profile..
Anonther instance of being googled I guess..
dusty

deere rancher
Msg: 255
Posted: 8/3/2008 11:15:27 AM
ms mocha
then there are men whom have had their lives shattered and lost everything they have work for
because SHE was just like that
so its a balancing act but it might be important to pay attention to small details in
selecting someone to put your trust in

remember she is not merely saying hello she is trying to initiate a relationship
 deere rancher
Msg: 267
Posted: 8/4/2008 6:56:16 PM
My personal opinion is i prefer to be the pursurer i like the challenge i guess
and my inbox wouldn't be full of junk
but that said i know you ladies can make someone's day with a e-mail
 nontoxic_texan
Msg: 268
Posted: 8/4/2008 7:01:59 PM

why can't you just respond with a Quicki Mart reply?

"Thank you - come again" with a virtual Squishy as an attached gift

Hmmm, sounds like the wrong approach ... but hey it just may be me.
 nontoxic_texan
Msg: 270
Posted: 8/4/2008 7:17:28 PM

Lori; Your opinion seems to be that of the majority of people responding on this thread. Those of us who don't e-mail men first seem to be in the minority. All opinions are welcome here.

What doesn't seem to fit the responses here are the men's answers. Numerous women have stated "I tried - experience was disagreeable - will never do it again" yet nearly ALL the men (including myself) say they are fine with it. Are all the men that think an opening email from a woman is bad thing hiding somewhere? Are they too busy writing "no thank you" emails to women to post in the forum?

Does it really matter that much who catches who's eye first?
 dustyknight
Msg: 273
Posted: 8/5/2008 10:04:15 AM
MsMocha,
It's courtesy...and being polite. If I take the time to write them they should have the manners to respond even if no thanks..simple manners..
so ladies, atleast respond when we do let you know we are interested.
dusty
 jsphn11
Msg: 276
Posted: 8/5/2008 10:22:19 AM

I don't understand what's the big deal about someone not responding to an e-mail. If they are interested, they will respond. Not responding IS a response. It means they are not interested. Why is that so difficult for some to comprehend?? Why would anyone care whether or not they receive one just saying you were not interested?

I used to care. No response felt like I was ignored. I'd prefer to hear "No, thank you". That's just me. I like to have a closure in everything.

However, I've learned that not replying is a very typical practice nowdays, and started doing the same. I assumed that this is what was expected of me.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >