Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 monty336
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Wheel Clamping........... More Fines !!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
previous comment clamp a car lie in wait and demand money a sort of legal way of mugging but how many people carry 200 quid on them, no doubt if you cut it off and go to court for vandalism looking at local paper fines are less than 100quid, one last month a woman headbutted a policewoman fined 100quid and bound over for a year. in manchester they enforce parking tickets until around 1am, blackpool swoop on carparks from 7 or 8am as there is loads of expired tickets i had one 07 50 on a sunday morning
 monty336
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Wheel Clamping........... More Fines !!
Posted: 9/12/2009 9:58:36 AM
at the prices of 120 plus 100 for swearing , a call out from a locksmith to remove the clamp would be half that or less provided they would do it, as i said before a license to print money
 Warrencraig
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 5:44:08 PM
On random privately owned car parks that have sprung up all over town centres, then sorry but your parking on private property and doing so you have to agree to abide by thier rules - youve NO inherrant right to park as its private property.

Just like if you parked on someones drive youd expect them to be pretty annoyed!!

Where it gets complicated is car parks for blocks of flats etc which are privately owned/managed and they need to have a unified regulated set of rules and charges in my opinion, just for fairness.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 6:05:45 PM

Actually thats nearly right. If yoiu park on private grounds where there's a notice that states you will be clamped then in effect you are giving an implied consent to being clamped. If you place on your vehicle a notice that you do not agree to the clamping and that it will be forcibly removed, then you are not in effect giving that implied consent. Therefore you should legally be entitled to remove it, especially as it is a civil matter.

That may well work but you are still committing the civil offence of trespass and can in theory be taken to court as a result. ie YOU are still in the wrong.

More legislation on policys and charges for clamping is needed but i do agree with thier inherrant right to clamp people. Sorry but you do NOT have an inherrant righ to park your car where you so please and especially on private property - car park or not.

Im sure a lot of you would kick up a stink if someone parked thier car on your drive. So why shouldnt the landowner of private car parks do the same?? They are a business and are providing a service - namely a space to park your car within certain rules and as such being a business are entitled to charge for a service.

Yes there are some idiots and morons in the clamping industry and examples like that block of flats are prime examples of idiot clampers. But if you clamp your car on a private car park and ignore the signed rules then you deserve the fines/charges etc.

If its a valid sign it will even tell you the charges so its not like you wernt aware in the first place!!!
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:37:53 AM
not been clamped yet, but would sooner go to a hardware store and buy bolt cutters or battery grinder than pay the bill and you can always use it again :)

knew a bloke who had some guy parking in his drive and ignoring his plea to not park there, so he parked behind the guy and went out to town for some food, came back several hours later to find the guy crying about not being able to get to his car :)

since he was over the limit, he said words to the effect that he will move it in the morning

never had a repeat :)
 Warrencraig
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:41:48 PM
Steve sandy, the treatment of the bloke parking on a private drive is the same principle of being clamped on a private car park when youve not paid for a ticket/permit.

Why should it be any different because one private owner is a business and one a homeowner???
 monty336
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 10:59:57 PM
i live in the town center and in the past have had people park on my drive in front of my garage , on had the nerve to say i was only 5 mins , the thread started with the rates that are charged for parking on private land if someone is on minimum wage this is a weeks wages, when i parked overnight in a blackpool car park i had to pay the fee for the night and send my ticket in , costs 12 quid which is not a rip off, i thought i would be ok not getting a ticket, the wardens were out at 7 30 sunday morning, i now check very carfully when i park ,
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >