Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 toomuch13
Msg: 3
His fiancee called mePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This happened to me THREE times with married men on match.com. Two women called me asking me why their husbands had my number. The third guy I went out with was spotted by a guy who knew his wife. The guys do it, because they can. All those guys by the way, did not have their pictures posted.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 5
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/3/2008 10:58:53 PM
All those that rip on me for telling people to move very slow in the internet dating world can now get a lesson.

This is why you take a ton of time to get to know someone. Time after time I see so many women jumping into bed with someone from the net and then wondering if they should date. Its amazing. Anyway, I hope this is a lesson big time. Good luck and I'm glad you found out.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 13
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/4/2008 2:46:28 AM
I don't why amyone who is married would even be on a dating site. Not even for forums. If a married person need to discuss something, then it should be with their partner or with a counselor, not forums.
 gtomustang
Msg: 14
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/4/2008 6:42:49 AM
Hopefully, the women this past week who have posted, "should I tell their wives?" will read this post.

Like one of the other posters, I too find it ironic that a guy with someone at home, can get a date easily (b/c of course, he isn't pushing for a date, he already has someone), yet a single guy who lets his desperation out scares everyone away. Funny how we social animals are programmed so poorly

An acqaintance of mine dates a serial cheater, and she has found, text messages can be a big clue. Its easier to hang up on a text than on a phone call. Funny what the invention of cellphones allow....I've never had an electronic leash, b/c I grew up easily without one.
 whatsallthis
Msg: 15
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:00:32 AM
This lends credibility to the theory that "Men are pigs". This might be an insult to pigs, which are actually supposed to be rather intelligent and serve a purpose in society.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 18
view profile
History
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/4/2008 8:55:01 AM
I don't think it really matters too much HOW long you talk to someone before you meet them. I talked with one guy, no word of a lie, for 2 yrs before we were able to meet. We don't live in the same city, had to plan a get together around work (mostly his) and other life challenges. I thought I knew him and could trust him. We finally made plans for a *date* and he stood me up. I had no way of contacting him other then online, and he wasn't responding to me. I had asked for a phone number several times and he always put me off. It wasn't until he'd stood me up that I started going over our conversations and Google'd him and found many inconsistancies in what he's told me. Once I finally talked to him he spoon fed me his excuse, which of course I had no way of confirming. I wrote him off at that point, completely and utterly. We still talk, but I have no interest in ever meeting him because everything he's told me is a lie. Our conversations are not the same as they used to be and I have none of the same feelings for him that I once did, and really wouldn't miss him if we stopped talking altogether.
 saggy ass and saggy tits
Msg: 19
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/4/2008 9:31:15 AM
i said this before and i will say it again.....i read so many posts that ask the question should i tell on him....most of the answers were NO its none of your business,
best revenge is to move on and live a better life and so on...
well i might be wrong, but if anyone that knows anyone who is cheating behind their SO and would tell , i think more people would think about twice before cheating.....
 Stajieenikkie
Msg: 26
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/4/2008 10:20:09 AM
Im so sorry men like that leave a bad taste in your mouth and make it hard for real decent good men to get a chance..It sucks Im sorry.
 toomuch13
Msg: 30
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:23:13 PM
Zekestone, you got it right! A lie is a lie. To some degree to live in this world you have to trust what you are being told is the truth. I would never DREAM of going on a paid Internet site to date if I was married, but obviously there are people who do. They know that if they say they are married, they have less chance of catching fish so they lie.

A lot of what I am reading is blame the victim mentality. Married people are not wearing signs that state they are married. There are a lot of people in committed relationships who cheat too. It happens.
 victoriasnewsecret
Msg: 34
view profile
History
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:05:12 PM

i said this before and i will say it again.....i read so many posts that ask the question should i tell on him....most of the answers were NO its none of your business,
best revenge is to move on and live a better life and so on...
well i might be wrong, but if anyone that knows anyone who is cheating behind their SO and would tell , i think more people would think about twice before cheating.....

I wonder if the people responding to those threads are the same people responding to this one though. Maybe those people have had something to hide in the past, so their responses are empathetic?

That's just one suggestion though. When it comes to telling a wife that her husband has been cheating, I would not want to be the messenger on the barrel end of that gun.
 markallens
Msg: 36
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:23:59 PM
Its easier to get away with that kinda stuff when U don't have to think about the spouse,fiancee checkin out the credit card bill and findin a charge for a free site like POF...Its easy to cover ur tracks by gettin on a free site like this...Just makes it harder on the good guys....
 missfashionjunkie
Msg: 37
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:29:52 PM
i think she is lying... i know how girls ...i know cuz my friend did it ot her ex bf.
 Sunshyne276
Msg: 38
view profile
History
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:29:55 PM
I had a similar situation, once... Long time ago. Similar, not exact.

I met this guy online, he seemed so great. We met, and he brought his roommate with him. Female roommate - but, that didn't bother me... I believe men/women can be friends without ending up in the bedroom. So anyway.. He and I started dating, we went out several times.....many of the times his roommate came along.. I hooked her up with a single guy friend of mine. Eventually, she told me she had dated him before. That made it a little more complicated, but wasn't a big issue for me. Except, I wondered why he hadn't mentioned it. It was when she began acting jealous and catty, that I started to wonder about the situation. We broke up, and I later found out that they were not just "roommates", they were still TOGETHER, and apparently trying to add a third to their relationship! The part of your situation that reminded me most of yours, I had also found out the name I knew him by, wasn't the name he went by. He was using his middle name. Everything about him was fictitious... Crazy situation!

As others have said....... Be glad you found out early in the situation!! lol
 missfashionjunkie
Msg: 39
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:32:11 PM
women lie too... i know cuz my friend did it to her ex bf and find his phone and called every woman in it.. he is willing to call and sort it out, try it, but you never want baby mama drama or crazy ex in the picture.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 41
view profile
History
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:51:56 PM
Same thing happened to me with the first guy I met off POF.
It sucks and it really makes you NOT trust internet dating.
 toomuch13
Msg: 45
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:35:01 AM
It's not just marriage or engagements though or even the Internet. A couple of months ago I went out with a guy who had a live-in girlfriend. He is the artistic director for a program I work with and I thought I knew him pretty well. He lives about two hours from me and there was no way for me to know about the girlfriend, except an artist who knew him asked about his newborn daughter! The look on the guy's face was PRICELESS!
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:36:15 PM

All those that rip on me for telling people to move very slow in the internet dating world can now get a lesson.

This is why you take a ton of time to get to know someone. Time after time I see so many women jumping into bed with someone from the net and then wondering if they should date. Its amazing. Anyway, I hope this is a lesson big time. Good luck and I'm glad you found out.

See? When women say they want to go slow, get to know someone via email for a few weeks, then go to phone calls, and then meet in public, guys say that we play games and if we're here, we should meet right away! (There was a thread about this a couple of months ago)

I've had a couple from here want to meet after one or two emails. NO way!!
 friendonfire
Msg: 48
view profile
History
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:13:20 PM
This doesn't just happen on the internet. I dated a few guys who were involved/engaged and living with someone-one guy I met in a bar-we chatted many times over the phone, had a few dates-I get a call from a very frantic woman! Well, you can guess the rest... the other time, I see the guy I am dating walking down the street with his girlfriend and daughter-his! Mind you, my involvement with these guys was superficial-only a few dates so never a chance to dig deeper into there world but the universe provided! I was actually in a long distance relationship with a guy who made it very clear he didn't want us seeing other people-wanted to be exclusive so when I visited him I found evidence of another woman-wasn't hidden too well?
 toomuch13
Msg: 49
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:31:09 PM
Been there and got a T-shirt Miss-Bliss. It does not matter how slow you take it. If a person is going to lie, he or she is going to lie. This has nothing to do with taking it slow or the Internet.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 51
His fiancee called me
Posted: 7/10/2008 10:09:32 AM

I've concluded that most women want to be lied to. By definition, a married or engaged man is already promoting a lie, so over time they get better at lying and many women want that; the false compliments, the "romance" and adventure, etc.

Huh? If women WANT men to lie, why do they have to get better at it? And why do we ladies work so hard to catch 'em at it. How exhausting it must be to call every strange number on the cell phone every month.

Frankly, I don't think you can ever figure out a guy is married from emails or the phone (cell phone). The best thing is, before you get too serious about someone, go to their house and meet their friends...and while you're standing around chatting, throw out something general like, gee, I hope (boyfriend's name)'s wife is doing ok with everything. If his friends look at you like you're crazy, then you've got a keeper.
 VVendy
Msg: 55
His fiancee called me
Posted: 8/9/2008 4:34:51 PM
A girl did this to my brother they were over she did not want it to be she lernt his pass code and pretended to be a hurt girlfriend not a crazy stalker. I would not believe her over him on first go. keep it in the back of your mind next time you see him tell him about her. My brothe goes by his middle name too lots do if the middle name sounds cooler or if the first name is the same as their Dad's.
 Minau
Msg: 56
His fiancee called me
Posted: 8/9/2008 11:16:34 PM
Wow...this is why I'm scared to get married...all these horror stories...cheating is the one thing I would not be able tolerate...it would just crush me and that would be the end of the relationship. You'd never be able to trust him and it would just be a living hell...not worth it...better to carry on with someone else in a loving and trusting relationship.
 sweetlips79
Msg: 57
His fiancee called me
Posted: 8/11/2008 9:28:10 PM
My recent ex bf, Andy (unsernames are Slokent and yourman001) cheated on me with 3 other women that he met on here and when they informed me of his cheating ways I confronted him and he accused them of lying.

I did forgive him when and after he beat me up,choked me and threated to kill me I pressed charges against him and cut all ties with him.

Anyways...
Most Men are Dogs .
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >