Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Settling - A different perspective      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Settling - A different perspectivePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

For people to be so arrogant that they walk around acting like they are the perfect catch and that only the perfect catch will do in their life, is amazing.

It's not necessarily a matter of holding out for "perfection" or "are you good enough for wonderful ME?" It's whether or not you'll abandon your deal-breakers in order to just not be alone.

Maybe you want somebody who shares your faith. You give up and marry somebody whose own faith is so lukewarm they don't care what you believer or not. You have SETTLED. Or you want somebody who will be faithful to you, but you give up and marry a serial cheater so that you won't be alone. You have SETTLED. Or you are raising your children, and you marry somebody who hates kids and is always wanting them to stay at their other parent's home or with friends so he/she doesn't have to have them around. You have SETTLED.
 Durken
Msg: 50
Settling - A different perspective
Posted: 7/6/2008 8:59:45 PM
WOW!!!.....I'm actually looking forward to a 38 and 39 year old men duking it out, neither has kids with one being a Christian and graduate degree and the other being an 'other' on both counts.

I'll get the hotwings, sodas, and first round of beer for everyone.
 Durken
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:01:53 PM
Whooops sorry...

Talking about mthom and son shine.......c'mon guys, get it on!
 MizQ
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:01:59 PM
^^I prefer vodka, please...
 Durken
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:30:00 PM
Of course, what else would you like with that hon:).
 cgy121
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 1:02:12 PM
Ren83

I have to say I love the way you think! I think this is the most insightful thing I've read on this website. I love the thought, I love the way it is presented, and it really cleared some stuff in my head. I'll ignore a small spelling mistake and 'settle' and choose this to be the best thing I've read this week.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Settling - A different perspective