Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 taylor97526
Msg: 30
view profile
History
How to let go?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hi. It will take time and patience. I would try to find the book " rebuilding when your relationship ends" by Dr. Bruce Fisher. It helped me out a great deal. God bless you. It will all work out.
 mariacba
Msg: 31
How to let go?
Posted: 7/6/2008 7:02:41 PM
I am sorry for your pain.
But sometimes when a door closes.... a bigger one opens in our life.Don't believe what your ex says about you. It seems that it is a way of attacking your self steem.Only you know who you are. You look great and you show that you have a great heart.
I am 54 .I've found love when I was 50( now my ex).I mean nobody knows when and where that special person appears in our life.
All the best to you
 STH III
Msg: 34
view profile
History
How to let go?
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:43:42 PM
hey hon, it does not take as long as you might thing. Once you find someone that is caring and listens to you it will feel much better. People do heal at different rates but don't just stay home and mope. You should not hate him but he did violate your trust and that should make you glad that he is someone else's problem. It you want to talk about it you can write me.
 jillsh
Msg: 39
view profile
History
How to let go?
Posted: 7/14/2008 11:25:07 PM
they time heals all wounds .well its not entirely true but it does help a lot . One thing you have to remember you have a choice, to move on or stay in the past . My hubby was killed 2 years ago ,same thing in a way i had a choice to move on or wallow in self pity , i chose to move on and you should to. You say you are happy for him that is great , Maybe you just miss the security that you had . you will get through this and good luck for the future .
 orchidtigress
Msg: 44
How to let go?
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:35:40 PM
You most probably will and can always love him...as long as you are not still IN LOVE with him...there is a big difference....like you still can care about him but not care for him.

It is best to do whatever you need to do though to let go otherwise your energy will not attract the one who should be with you.
 lionfrog
Msg: 47
view profile
History
How to let go?
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:05:18 PM
It took me a 2 month trip to Germany and a 2 month vacation to FL to get over 20 years. Thank goodnes I have family in Germany. I've been dating now close to 10 years and I have had some good ones and some bad ones and a few real bad ones, but I learn from each date or relationship. Now I've meet a real nice woman who was marreid to a drunk for 30 years. She admits that it was 29 years too long and is happy now. Count your blessings and move on! Just because god loves a drunk does not meen we have to. I know I dated a couple and I know it was not for me. It was always someone elses fault and never theirs. The dog made me drink!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >