Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BouncyBall
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Dr WhoPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yeah it was good, quite a sad ending though and it was a shame we had to loose Donna, she would have made a great Time Lord ;)
 restless_native
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Dr Who
Posted: 7/5/2008 4:08:54 PM
I can't believe I got sucked into this. The build up of the first episode and the cliff hanger at the end did spark my interest.

But, then the threat that was about to destroy the whole universe was defeated by some soppy bint talking bollox as she threw a few levers and then as if by magic all of the Daleks just blew up.

Maybe my expectations were too high. But, I did expect that there might be at least some inkling of a rational plot rather than just half an hour of simpering slush to close the series.

I can only assume that it must have slipped my mind briefly that this is actually a programme aimed at children and cretins.
 Talk4England
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Dr Who
Posted: 7/5/2008 4:12:03 PM
Lovely programme because: one of the only things that me & my daughters really set aside time to watch together. Like the old days of Sat night around the TV with family unit. Not sure who's more excited by it - them or me. Guess I'm a cretin then , Restless.
Not looking forward to the long break. But I guess DT has another life!
 oggers
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Dr Who
Posted: 7/6/2008 1:30:21 AM
Watched and enjoyed last nights episode, and have enjoyed this series .

I particularly enjoy trying to spot all of the winks and nods in the direction of previous series .. Sarah Jane , K9, and even Bernard Cribbins who was in the original Dr Who movie in the sixties
 Cliff1960
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Dr Who
Posted: 9/17/2011 3:02:48 PM
I havent seen any of the new ones yet. Im going through the full set from 1963 to present. I missed a lot of the old ones cause i was hiding behind the sofa lol. Well i was only 3 when it started pmpl. Its a shame they lost a lot of the original episodes. About half the ones ive watched so far is sound with photos cause the lost the or deleted the tapes. But someone has got the entire collection together by scouring the world. Some episodes r from ppl who used a tape recorder to tape it hence no picture and why they used photos to recreate it. Been watching 1 part every day for 3 months and still william hartnall as the dr. But think patrick troughton will be taking over soon. Then onto pertwee. Thats when it goes colour.
 andrew-focus
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Dr Who
Posted: 9/19/2011 12:55:32 PM
Agree with the above post. Tennant & Tate were a good team.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Dr Who
Posted: 9/24/2011 5:00:45 PM
Can we have a big banner saying " SPOILERS - LOOK AWAY NOW"! I haven't watched todays episode but will catch up with it on iplayer!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >