Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 27
Talking about exes...what do you do when he wont stop?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
~OP~ I had the misfortune of a str with someone who was obsessed with putting his wife on a pedestal. Oh dear me ~ that ran it's course with me very quickly. "She is an amazing person" "she was a great wife" "she is the BEST mother" blah blah blah....why the hell aren't you still with her? This woman allowed him to cheat repeatedly (and yes she knew,) the house was a holy filthy mess, she was a mess and they routinely had knock-down-drag-out battles. WTF???? Finally, I just stated the obvious, "You need to go back to *****. This is over." And then it began ~ phone calls, texts, "but I love you" yada yada yada. I left and never ever once spoke to him again. It was the only time I have been with someone romantically and not remained friendly. It simply wore me out hearing about her constantly and it was pure bs. You deserve better ~ and it most likely won't get better! JMO
 carolann0308
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Talking about exes...what do you do when he wont stop?
Posted: 7/6/2008 11:07:12 AM
Tell him you are not his therapist and unless he learns to keep his baggage to himself you are gone.
 STH III
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 11:20:34 PM
That would drive me crazy, dump him baby!!!!!!
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/10/2008 12:15:40 PM
What are you doing staying in the relationship with him for this long??? He is dis-respecting you when he doesn't listen to you when you ask him to stop talking about his exes. You should of had to only tell him once to stop. Told him many times to stop and hasn't... so sad reality is he won't change. You dealt with this longer then should have.... just leave him cause you deserve better and clearly he has unresolved issues and isn't ready to be in a relationship with anyone right now... I would suggest to him if he doesn't want to remain single for the rest of his life that he shouldn't talk about his exes all the time...

I think eventually into a relationship it is ok to tell about your expierences with exes and why broke up but just a short version... only continue if he or she ask you questions about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >