Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pete2205
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Phone SexPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Come on larissan lets have some rationality!! Of course murdering someone during the course of having sex isn't acceptable IE Snuff sex. Nor do I personally accept bestiality ( I thought that was between a human and an animal not two adults but I guess if you regard your partner as an animal then bestiality is an appropriate tag) is sexually acceptable - Legally its not acceptable anyway so social or moral argument is irrelevant. Neither is pedophilia (Which was practiced and considered normal along with incest in ancient Greece )I do think you are stretching ''acceptance'' to an extreme.

Having said that it is not my business what my neighbours get up sexually and unless they operate a brothel and my daughters are propositioned on a regular basis, unless they indulge in group sex out in the garden where they can be seen then, Unless they are having sex with my dog or engaged in Pedophilia or ''Grooming'' they can do what they like!! Its their business.

"No one has the right in today's so called enlightened society to say what is acceptable sexually or not between two consenting adults."

I stand by that. Yes if my neighbours enjoy coprophagia or ''Waterworks'' Anal sex, extreme BDSM or threesomes with a consenting adult or wife swapping - Its up to them!!! It has no impact on my life, it clearly enhances theirs so great its not an issue!!

We were talking about phone sex...If two consenting adults are separated either due to work reasons or because they live so far apart that regular meetings are not possible what is your problem with them arousing each other on the phone, engaging in explicit talk, describing their feelings and what they would like to do to each other? What is your problem if as a result of them talking they actually engage in mutual masturbation ? Is it affecting you? Course not. Is it offensive? Only to you.

We live in a world where there is a full spectrum of legality. In some countries its acceptable to force a marriage and sex on a 12 year old - With the husband sometimes being old enough to be the girls grandfather. In the same system you would executed for adultery or having a homosexual relationship.

I do think Larissan you have taken my view on phone sex a little out of context...You don't like the idea nor can you understand the need or desire for phone sex. That's fine its your right as a person to decide what is acceptable to YOU!
Personally the only time I believe phone or cyber sex becomes a problem is when it is practiced and deceives your partner and done as a preference to physical sex. When that happens then there are issues that need to be looked at.
 larissan04
Msg: 41
Phone Sex
Posted: 9/25/2011 1:09:32 PM
Pete

"No one has the right in today's so called enlightened society to say what is acceptable sexually or not between two consenting adults."

i think you are caught up in some sort post-modern relativism. as i mentioned earlier, there are sexual practices that i am sure you would find offensive, even if conducted between two consenting adults, i.e., copraphagia. so in essence this claim is not valid.

"I do think Larissan you have taken my view on phone sex a little out of context...You don't like the idea nor can you understand the need or desire for phone sex. That's fine its your right as a person to decide what is acceptable to YOU!"

um, where you got the idea that i don't enjoy phone sex i do not know. i never stated whether i liked it or not. my original question was why someone would prefer it to physical sex with another person, which i ascertained to be evidence of some sort of sexual hang ups or deep rooted pathology. i.e., that the person is incapable of engaging in an actual physical relationship with another person.

"Personally the only time I believe phone or cyber sex becomes a problem is when it is practiced and deceives your partner and done as a preference to physical sex. When that happens then there are issues that need to be looked at."

i agree with this statement...but would qualify it by mentioning that sexual behavior that interferes significantly with one's work, interpersonal relationships, etc.. are also problematic and may be evidence of sexual addiction...
 Pete2205
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Phone Sex
Posted: 9/25/2011 11:17:17 PM
Hi larissan

''i think you are caught up in some sort post-modern relativism. as i mentioned earlier, there are sexual practices that i am sure you would find offensive, even if conducted between two consenting adults, i.e., coprophagia. so in essence this claim is not valid. ''

I again stand by that statement. Of course there are sexual practices and behaviour that I find offensive and would not indulge in. But,I am not caught up in, influenced by or been corrupted by either the social environment I have grown up in.
It does not matter if you or I find what our neighbours or friends do ''Behind closed doors'' offensive or distasteful I have already explained why I think my reasons are very valid. There is no such thing as a sexual ''Norm'' What one may find acceptable the next person may find abhorrent.
If my friend or neighbour was to approach me and ask me to become involved in or engage in an act or practice I either didn't like, found offensive or was, in my opinion, wrong morally, illegally or both then I can always say ''No''. I can choose to either leave it at that or elaborate on my reasons.
My Ex wife's answer when I suggested we try anal sex was ''If you want that, go find a bloke'' But then anal was actually initiated by my next partner. It was something she not only liked but wanted as part of a sexually fulfilling relationship
To coin a well worn cliche ''Different strokes for different folks'' My Ex had every right to her views, opinions and to decide what she felt comfortable with.

If you read both our posts on this subject I think you will find that in essence we share the same views. Phone sex or any other sexual practice becomes an issue when its used to substitute real intimacy. But, there are times when phone sex is the only practical outlet and sexual release. Even in a 'regular' relationship it can sometimes enhance it.
 Pete2205
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Phone Sex
Posted: 10/9/2011 1:57:05 PM
I actually worked from home in Adelaide for a while for a company as a phone sex worker. I had a telephone interview and was offered the work. They installed the line and I was expected to ''log in'' my phone for a min of 12 hours a week - I took 20% of the call charges they imposed.
To be honest 44malePHX ''milking the time'' is common altho I am surprised you hung in there for FORTY mins!!. I was told to make the call slow by discussing in detail items of clothing, state of arousal, how they were feeling. Even if I was wearing shorts and a shirt I would say I was wearing a tux if it was evening or if they liked uniforms I would say I was military/emergency services and was 'Doing this part time'' It was my job to find out the type of guys they went for and answered that I ''funnily enough'' had long/short/dark brown/blond hair etc etc.
I dont feel guilty at all about it I was feeding a fantasy they wanted fulfilling. Sometimes they wanted just to chat about their lousy husband/boyfriend. Sometimes they were explicit and quite perverse but..It was their experience and I would continue the call as long as they wanted...If they wanted to masturbate then that was their option, Sure I went through the pretence of masturbating if that's what they wanted...At any time they could always put down the phone and quite often once they had got their ''release'' the phone went click and that was it.
Sure I was asked ''How long have you been doing this?'' ''Was I aroused?'' ''Did I have a girlfriend/wife?'' I was even asked what my name was, if I would meet up with them - Of course my name was made up and never ever did I want to meet them. Half the time they assumed I was about 10 years younger /older than I was and they got very little ''Real me'' down the phone anyway so they would have been disappointed.
As I said I dont feel any guilt for having worked in that business. I made good money, treated the clients with respect and earned every cent.
There are many many reasons why people engage in phone sex and its very easy to take the moral high ground but like it or not sex sells and phone sex, cyber sex, cam and other sexual mediums are always going to be around.
It takes two to engage in any sex act apart from masturbation and either party always has the option to stop the act at any time they want.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >