Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > > more friends if your rich, no one wants to be ur friend if ur poor-      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jet_45
Msg: 1
> more friends if your rich, no one wants to be ur friend if ur poor-commentPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
i was talking and arguing with this classmate and he said this-- if ur rich and lets say you win the lottery one day u will have more freinds and everyone wants to be your friend, even the friend you haven't seen in 20 years they will phone you and want to be your friend.

but if your poor and broke one day and you loose all your money- businesss went down or you got laid off-be it your job and industry--- no one wants to be ur freinds, even when you want to borrow money -no one wants to give it to you or be your freinds, they won;t lend you money, and you won;t get nothing.and they won;t want to have anything to do with you

what do you think of this comment
 tanfastyic
Msg: 2
view profile
History
> more friends if your rich, no one wants to be ur friend if ur poor-comment
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:28:02 PM
Sadly no words were ever truer! Isn 't it more fun to go places and do things that cost money (most of the time) than it is to sit home every night?
Sad part is that those people are not really friends. True friends take you for richer or poorer. Keep the ones you trust around you and just use the rest as they would do you.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:48:13 AM
There have been times in business that money has been really tight; I realized that then was when I had little or no support. When things were flying high I had so many around me it didn't matter.

It happens with dating too. I dated one girl and we were just starting but things were a little tight money wise. I saw her going away from me. When I started to get back up again financially, all of a sudden she was calling every day telling me how much she missed me.

When you look up during your darkest times, those are the people you trust.
 betterlate
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 12:26:22 AM
first of all those are NOT friends... those are users and losers... if you heard that someone you knew twenty years ago just won the lottery, would you call them and try to get some money from them? Heck no... geeeze what a creepy thing to even consider. People would not beg money off of a hard working man or woman, but would beg from a lottery winner thinking that it is "free" money to them and that they may not mind a bit. but I doubt it...

Never be a borrower or a lender be, it ruins friendships and relationships, just dont do it, it is not worth it. I loaned a sister some money and she avoided me until it was all paid off, I will not do that again she can get a loan from a bank. I am not falling for that trap every again.

best of luck
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/14/2008 6:43:17 PM

i was talking and arguing with this classmate and he said this-- if ur rich and lets say you win the lottery one day u will have more freinds and everyone wants to be your friend, even the friend you haven't seen in 20 years they will phone you and want to be your friend.

but if your poor and broke one day and you loose all your money- businesss went down or you got laid off-be it your job and industry--- no one wants to be ur freinds, even when you want to borrow money -no one wants to give it to you or be your freinds, they won;t lend you money, and you won;t get nothing.and they won;t want to have anything to do with you

what do you think of this comment

Well, you look like a fairly well-to-do lady, can I be your friend?

BTW, I need to borrow some money!
 godliketoaster
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/15/2008 1:50:53 AM
Sadly enough, people forget that money is only a tool, they think it's the final objective of life.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 1:42:41 PM
It's the dead-on accurate truth. It's been my experience that very often a friend is just someone who hasn't stabbed you in the back yet.
 youngatheart60
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 1:45:05 PM
ITS TRUE WHEN YOUR HANGING OUT SOMEONE THAT IS POOR U HAVE THIS DESIRE TO HELP THEM WHEN U HONESTLY CANT AFFORD TO AND IT WILL PROBALY HURT U IN THE LONG RUN, HOWEVER IF U HANG WITH A RICH PERSON U DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY BOUT U CAN INVITE TO DO THINGS WITHOUT HEARING " OH I CANT I DONT HAVE NO MONEY" , BOTTOMLINE PEOPLE DO NO LIKE TO BE AROUND NEGATIVITY
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > > more friends if your rich, no one wants to be ur friend if ur poor-comment