Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clarence clutterbuck
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Best Movie SoundtracksPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My favourite is Superfly by Curtis Mayfield. The music is so good it stands on its own; in fact it deserves a better film to showcase it.
 girly_girl_girl
Msg: 12
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:40:45 PM
Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!Waiting to exhale!
 nipoleon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 8/21/2008 12:15:36 PM
I would consider the best movie soundtracks to be those which become integral to the movie itself.
The early James Bond movies wouldn't be what they were without John Barry's wonderful scores.
The Star Wars movies absolutely depended upon the music.
Stanley Kubrick was a genius for the music he used in 2001 and A Clockwork Orange.
Naturally, Saturday Night Fever had to have a great sound track.
American Graffiti would be barley watchable without the music.
 good guitar player
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 8/22/2008 8:58:30 AM
the passion is a good call. most ofthese sound tracks are just a collection of old rock motown hits .....not really a sound track, it the miami vice pop music to cheaply score a film and to cross market a product...thus you get anMTV video.

For best my suggestion is a Clockword Orange.....cover tunes but arranged in was that were never dreamer of by the author
 babariba
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 9/10/2008 1:46:20 AM
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Groundhog Day
Psycho
 caesar0002
Msg: 33
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 9/11/2008 3:44:49 AM
jaws
conan the barbarian
gladiator 300
start trek deep space nine
star trek
star wars
 the_write_stuff
Msg: 35
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:15:36 PM
The soundtrack for Roadhouse. Awesome! Jeff Healey, Otis Redding, etc. One of the best!
 ileft
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/12/2009 5:57:54 AM
Forest Gump
Cruel Intentions
Romeo Must Die
The Wackness
Sex And The City
 PETEYQ
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/13/2009 2:39:46 PM
Seconded on "Lost in translation"......"Grosse point blank" my other fav.
 torgo70
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:54:35 AM
Movie soundtracks-

Fear No Evil(1981)- Talking Heads, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, Boomtown Rats, Patti Smith, The B-52s, Richard Hell

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2(1986)- The Cramps, Roky Erickson, Oingo Boingo, Torch Song, Concrete Blonde, Timbuk 3, Stewart Copeland

Return of the Living Dead(1985)- TSOL, The Damned, The Cramps, Roky Erickson

I Was A Teenage Zombie(1987)- The Fleshtones, The Waitresses, Violent Femmes

Straight to Hell(1987)- Joe Strummer, Pray For Rain, The Pogues

Harold and Maude(1971)- Cat Stevens

A Hard Days Night, Help!, Yellow Submarine- The Beatles

The Wall, La vallée , Zabriskie Point- Pink Floyd

Besides Heavy Metal, 2 other great animated film soundtracks---

American Pop(1981)- Includes many decades of music, including- Cole Porter, Sam Cooke, Janice Joplin, The Mamas and the Papas, Peter, Paul & Mary, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, The Doors, Jemi Hendrix, Lou Reed, Pat Benatar, Sex Pistols, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Rock & Rule(1983)- Deborah Harry, Lou Reed, Cheap Trick, Iggy Pop
 Twill348
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/14/2009 7:40:50 PM
Don't much care about soundtracks, only two come to mind: Breakfast at Tiffanys, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
 mcgillj
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:25:43 PM
well.. first I break up SCORE from SOUNDTRACK.. but as for SOUNTRACK.. Tarantino AND Kevin Smith both have fantastic ears for picking out music.. so I'd throw in their ENTIRE work, thus far.

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Dusk till Dawn (FANTASTICALLY underrated), Death Proof (a few gems in there.. but not to my personal taste), Reservoir Dogs, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy (ONLY a bootleg.. but amazing choices..), Dogma (great score.. but makes Alanis' Uninvited at the end all the more powerful..), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.. (say what you will.. but you jus tend to bop and rock along with it), Zack and Miri.. (a bit safe.. but still some great suff).

Also The Crow.. I'd even venture and say Crow: City of Angels had some great tracks.. Pump Up the Volume.. American Grafitti (AMAZING).

although I put Kill Bill up top.. it is MOSTZY score.. so I'd throw it back down here.. also throw in The Godfather.. The Untouchables (Ennio Morricone was AMAZING here..), The Star Wars series (even the prequels had some amazing tracks), and Lalo Schiffrin doing "Dirty Harry".. I don't kow.. jus that vible.. wouldn't have worked without it.. ditto for Isaac Hayes work on "Shaft"
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >