Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is it uncomfortable for women to have sex during their period?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have encountered few men that are put off by the time of the month but for some women it can be painful if they have endometriosis or as Libra noted, they just have cramps out the kazoo. For others, as magical noted, it is a messy thing. If someone has a heavy period there are days at the beginning that are just not fun for her because she is worried and/or embarassed even if she has been with a man for a long time.

I have personally never noticed an increase or decrease in the pleasure quotient related to the period. Given that a lot of sex is in the brain, if a woman is distracted by worrying about the mess factor she won't enjoy it. In the case you describe, her body may have actually physically responded more but it could also have been that for her, sex during the period had always been taboo and this was a liberating thing.

She could also have been in a euphoria because you wanted to have sex during this time if she had partners that were put off by it in the past. In other words, you may have shaken her world in a good way before you ever made it to the bed.
 Taywhitt
Msg: 12
Is it uncomfortable for women to have sex during their period?
Posted: 7/9/2008 1:47:43 PM
theres actually a time during a girls period where she is hornier and craves sex. I think it just depends on how comfortable you are with your partner.
 haywiresue
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/9/2008 3:18:42 PM
Like everything else - its subjective. What is good to one is not to another. It would depend on the couple as some men/woman would prefer to wait the few days/week. It would also depend on if the woman felt self-conscious about it, felt physically up to it, and if it interested her in the least. Using darker colored sheets during that time would help and remember that sheets can be washed or cover the bottom sheet with a blanket that can be removed and washed. Women who experience really bad cramping, might benefit from intercourse during their period. It might help when they exercise their K muscles during sex, it will relax those same muscles after an orgasim. About enjoyment, well there is more lubrication, the area is softer/spongier, and intimacy is very special when shared with someone you care for....................so you do the math!
 Patarey
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/9/2008 5:19:03 PM
It is such a sloppy mess........................... ugg

But its all good in the shower................
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:24:26 PM
Good sex is messy... if you do it right

Orgasms alleviate cramps, and some PMS symptoms! Sometimes the uterus and cervix are more sensitive though.. just have to be a little less rough. That time of the month is the most horny for me, must be a hormone thing.

I can't see squeamishness as being all that sexy. But that's just me
 no_1_bby
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:04:49 PM

theres actually a time during a girls period where she is hornier and craves sex.

Um... not me. At all. Never have.
 Green Sangha
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:45:21 PM
I'm with Xdamianax on this one. First you have to get over the squeemishness. Then you have to get over the fact that you may have major cramps and do not want to be touched. But if you are able to let go, fuc*ing during your period is intensely pleasurable and a great orgasm really does help with cramps. Once you find out how much more intense the release is you will be able to push past the general discomfort and you will insist on in having sex.;-) Just put down a towel on the bed and keep a damp washcloth nearby for cleanup. It's no biggie. On the other hand, my orgasm is so much bigger than usual, the guy can gets a little freaked out, lol.
 blue70
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:57:42 PM
it's all good, way better- climaxing helps with cramps and relieves tension!!

The only thing better IMO is PREGNANCY SEX-- O....M....G!!!

The BOMB!!

I think they both have to do with the engorgement thing- more blood in the area, more sensitive....... STOP REMINDING ME!!!!

Blonde_charm
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:46:16 PM
There is one day out of my cycle where the pain is so great that sex is just not worth it. All other days, I am good to go if my partner is comfortable with it.
 MsMicki
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2008 5:33:27 PM
depends on the kind of period I'm having.....
sometimes it's great.....
sometimes it causes major cramping....especially if the guy is well endowed
and yes......I want it even more during my time
 tarheels65
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/4/2008 5:59:37 PM
If you don't like the front door during this time, go to the back door!
 blonde chickie
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/4/2008 9:30:39 PM
I enjoy having sex when having my period.
 sriannaailyim
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/26/2008 2:33:51 PM
When I want it.... I am getting it and nothing is going to stop me.
 ileft
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2008 5:00:37 PM
It's not very pleasant for a number of reasons. Firstly if she's in pain because of it sex will be the last thing on her mind! Also as someone said before it's not very comfortable and may get very messy. Also a woman's hormones tend to be different during this time and her temperature can rise which may result in a slight body odur so for confidence reasons this may be why a woman is reluctant
 rdcnorm
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/2/2008 8:09:34 AM
I won't tell you what all women are thinking or feeling, during that time of month..

From my experiace with women, most that I have know preferred not to have sex, we talked about it, most have said they don't feel sexy and are afraid of the mess, and were afraid of the guy being grossed out.. even though they are horny,,

In our conversations, because of trust, most if not all women were willing to try, for several reasons, the most important is,,if she felt the man wasn't going to be grossed out, as for me I assured her that was not possible, because I cared for her,, and yes, for some reason, women seem to have a different experience when they have their period,, all good,, I think, it's about the comfort level between and man and a woman,, equally important is that it doesn't cause her any pain,,

Bottom line, if a woman is comfortable, than I am,,
 phishkev
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 8:10:32 AM
Depends on the time frame-towards the end it was never "messy," but, you have to talk to your lover and let him know...I never had a problem with it...
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/3/2008 4:47:50 PM
I like it BUT first heavy day, its not just messy.... its the apocolypse!!!!

Orgasms relieve the symptoms and other than that day, a hot shower slows the flow and I am ready to go. Bad mood goes away, headache dissipates and generally I am much easier to deal with.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2012 2:14:48 PM
Some women do and some dont.. and for varying personal reasons..

and some women, it is alleged, feel ultra ultra horny during their menstruation..

I think once a woman (or a man) realises sex is sex is sex during a 30 day period (intended) then they'll have PIV if they want.. that is, as natural as menstruation is, there is definitely something you have 'get over' and as much as I'm not bothered I would always hope to have a shower after.. and I hope he can too..
 Nevet
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:26:28 AM
Once it bleeds for three days and don't die...............then I'll be 'back'
 favalarry1969
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 8:13:42 AM
I agree ..Sex is best during menstruation...I would also go down on a woman on her period..its natural and awesome!

Women are beautiful on their periods.
 dondea
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:56:57 PM
^^^^ To me, the smell was the same--it smelled like her.

It depends on the woman if she is horny enough to get past the mess. Most women I have been with did not want to make love during their period because it was messy, they were physically in discomfort or they did not like the sight of their blood. For the ones that didn't mind having sex during their monthly, I never heard them comment about a different smell.

I guess that's why everyone is different.
 milehiguy12
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:04:35 PM
Definitely not the ideal time but a couple of towels and a nice warm shower together afterward. Not really any reason to slow down the fun!!!
 favalarry1969
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:25:28 PM
I will do everything I would normally do ...even oral..It makes me hornier knowing I am pleasuring her on her period..If you cant handle a woman at her worst you also dont deserve her at her best!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:03:56 AM
Nope....but there has been a time or two that it was uncomfortable for me!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >