Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 224
Married menPage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I had a friend that inadvertantly turned out to be a man's last fling before he married a homely older woman. He called her repeatedly after she dumped him. Later, she found out he remarried & that he was calling her while he was on his HONEYMOON. What a sick puppy.

The irony is that the new wifey was an ATTORNEY.
 larissan04
Msg: 225
Married men
Posted: 1/6/2012 8:55:57 PM
blonde devil~

"I had a friend that inadvertantly turned out to be a man's last fling before he married a homely older woman. He called her repeatedly after she dumped him. Later, she found out he remarried & that he was calling her while he was on his HONEYMOON. What a sick puppy."

well, i think he was a sick piece of human detritus.

"The irony is that the new wifey was an ATTORNEY."

hmmm....rather ironic. perhaps she'll be able to do her own divorce after she discovers dear husbands inappropriate entanglements...
 OmSa1
Msg: 226
Married men
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:46:09 PM
How many women have been approached by married men on POF? It seems like that is all I find on here. I didn't find out he was married until weeks after he stopped talking to me. Why can't they just admit they are unhappily married and find their own solution than to start something here and than disappear?
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 227
Married men
Posted: 9/11/2012 4:43:12 PM
haha this happened to me once too. Not online, I met this boy that was out with his army buddies, and we hit it off. I called him a few days later and an angry wife answered the phone. I felt bad, but she screamed at me like I knew he was married.
 Lilbitofsugaandspice
Msg: 228
Married men
Posted: 9/11/2012 5:19:30 PM
[How many women have been approached by married men on POF? It seems like that is all I find on here. I didn't find out he was married until weeks after he stopped talking to me. Why can't they just admit they are unhappily married and find their own solution than to start something here and than disappear?]

They do it because they think they can get away with it and do not want to loose out financially or loose status. They want their cake and eat it too. Simple.
 larissan04
Msg: 229
Married men
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:05:05 PM
i agree with you about the married men on here trolling about. they should stick with other unhappily married people, hire a professional, or just get up the courage to leave. of course, when you get down to it, these people are cowards. they can't get their needs met, yet they are too scared to leave. it's a very sad sad thing to be subjected to a situation like this because it makes you lose faith in love. well, don't let that happen. true love is possible, and you don't need to take revenge or become vindictive.
 zurichdublin188
Msg: 230
Married men
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:16:38 PM
Don't tell the guys wife.

Worry about yourself and your own safety. Don't put yourself in a position where the guys wife might (though unlikley) retaliate against you.

His marraige is not your problem. Your safety is what matters.

Just move on, and let it go. It aint' worth it!

(I went through the same thing myself)
 zurichdublin188
Msg: 231
Married men
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:17:17 PM
This is sounding more and more mainstream to me.

I don't even know why people bother with marraige.
 larissan04
Msg: 232
Married men
Posted: 11/3/2012 9:58:49 PM
OmSa1-

"How many women have been approached by married men on POF? It seems like that is all I find on here. I didn't find out he was married until weeks after he stopped talking to me. Why can't they just admit they are unhappily married and find their own solution than to start something here and than disappear?"

You ask a very good question. I think the married men pull this crap because no one does anything about it. The wife probably "knows' that something is going on, but she ignores it in order to avoid rocking the boat. I think the men do it because they get away with it, and they think they can. The unsuspecting dupes that they meet on line don't do anything about it, so the married jerks slink away, then move on to the next unsuspecting dupe. I've run into several married men on here, and it made me very wary of men in general. I just don't trust men in general anymore, but it isn't just the cheating. It's the fact that men can change their minds at the drop of a dime and not feel anything. Men are very fickle, and I don't think really bond the way women do. I have become much more careful about protecting my heart. While there are a lot of really great men out there, the jerks sure make it a risky prospect when it comes to falling in love.
 AquaLinda
Msg: 233
Married men
Posted: 11/3/2012 10:46:56 PM

I just don't trust men in general anymore, but it isn't just the cheating. It's the fact that men can change their minds at the drop of a dime and not feel anything. Men are very fickle, and I don't think really bond the way women do. I have become much more careful about protecting my heart. While there are a lot of really great men out there, the jerks sure make it a risky prospect when it comes to falling in love.

I wholeheartedly feel the same way. It didn't help that my ex of 20 years went online to troll for sex. I found out because I felt something was up. Of course he denied ever doing anything, he was "just chatting" and looking. Whatever. I got even and filed for divorce after putting up with it for a while.

Now the guy I met on POF and really liked has started to act all fishy and I just have no trust anymore. I think you are right, men are just fickle and I'm just going to protect my heart from now on and not trust any man anymore. It's too risky to give away your heart.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 234
Married men
Posted: 11/4/2012 5:45:33 AM
This happened to me in real life, I believed the "I'm separated" lie. I've also had another tell me, we have separate bedrooms & are married in name only, another lie.
I would ask for the home number, be suspicious if they say they don't have a phone in the house, maybe they don't ,as many just have a cell phone now, but still. Also look for him not available, especially on holidays, he can't sleep over, doesn't answer your calls or texts right away, or seeing you or communicating with you mainly when he's at his job. If he doesn't bring you to his house or around his family, that's another warning sign. Or if he only brings you around a few select or very close friends.
I understand your heartbreak & anger in wanting to tell the wife, but I would let it go, let Karma get him. Getting revenge isn't going to make you feel any better.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >