Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 h2o_baby
Msg: 101
Parents of boys without Dad in their lifePage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I do believe that boys need a male role model in their lives and unfortunately my sons father is not a good role model and has chosen not to be a part of my sons life but that was his choice and not mine. I think it is better for my son that his father is not in his life but he does have strong male role models. His grandfather is a big part of his life as are his 2 uncles.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am hoping that at some point in my life I will find someone who will accept my son and be a good role model for him. I know that every choice I make influences my little man. I am trying to do the best I can without his father in his life and hopefully that will be enough. He is a wonderful little boy who is very happy and hopefully with my family and support system he will grow up into a wonderful man.

I hope everyone can take a deep breath and understand that all single mom's are doing what they think is best for their child - or at least I pray they are doing what is best for their child. The child must come first!

Good luck to all!
 desertrhino
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Parents of boys without Dad in their life
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:26:22 AM
Borntoski... Mind if I call you ski?

Anyway, you're just advocating a return to the pre-1950s mentality where women and children were expected to STFU and take it when dad was an abusive a$$hole. I mean, it looked good on paper and celluloid, because everyone was playing their little part, but women, blacks, asians, jews (except in Hollywood, I guess) and children were held as complete second- or third-class citizens...

Yeah, a lot of white males want to go back to those days, but even YOU didn't live through it, so you don't know what it was really like. Rose-colored glasses are most easily applied to the past.

Besides, what is a single "real estate tycoon" with no kids doing trying to start forest fires in the single parents forum?
 desertrhino
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:37:21 AM
Rock, learn to read. Please. It will make things ever so much easier.

Specifically, I'd like to see your pre-1950s statistics. Thanks.

Also, you have some strong refutation for the assertion that white males were the principal recipients of social "benefit" in and before the 1950s? I'd like to see that, too. Thanks. (KKK ring any bells?)
 desertrhino
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 11:07:25 AM
Rock, go back and read borntoski's last "contribution" to this thread. The one where he bashes the hell out of all single mothers. Read my response in that context. That's what we call reading where I come from... not cherry-picking quotes and ignoring the context.

They're right there, just next to your statistics that all fathers pre-1950s were ***hole abusers.

Again, learn to read. I never said "all" by any means... I said women and children were expected to STFU and take it **when dad was**... I'm sorry you can't parse that properly. Except for that pesky sorry part, of course.

It's nice to see you've kept your gasoline hose nice and limbered up while I was offline moving and such.
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/15/2008 11:47:18 AM
I have little sympathy for a woman that is perfectly ok with spreading her legs wide open for the "sweetest, most terrific man she ever knew" and then 9 months later when this "prince" is off impressing his next conquest....she is spewing venom and he has now become the seducer of her poor naive, virginal self...and she has learned to despise the child as much as she despises the "prince" and herself now.....Take responsibility for your actions!..Butch up!
 h2o_baby
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/15/2008 12:40:26 PM
I also agree. My childs father left before he found out I was pregnant. When I told him about it - he was like "what do you want me to do about it" - and my response was - I am giving you the choice to do the right thing - which he didn't. Yes, the right thing would to have the father involved but he knew about his son and he chose not to be a part of his life. Yes, part of it is my fault...I "spread my legs" as you so eloquently put it but I don't spew venom about the father. He was a good guy with issues that he couldn't move past. He told me he was changing and becoming a better person and I believed in him only to be left in the end. Not all women are men haters but it seems a lot of men seem to think that. I am going to do everything in my power to raise a son who respects a woman and when the time comes I will have to tell him about his father.
 borntoski683
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 4:04:16 PM
Wow... I love to throw gas on the fire and run away to my day job while the flames burn everyone's eyebrows off. A couple follow ups to assertions and presumptions made about my earlier comments

1 - About pre 1950's, I'm not sure what you mean by that...I don't really know for sure what it was like back then as I was not alive, so how can I want a return to it? I do think that in particular in the 1950's, men were a little out of control as women are now. But looking back on the past thousand years, yes I do happen to think we're on the wrong path as a society now. We're probably not ever going back though, that's a given. I think we will crash and burn, then start over, and yes, probably more in line with what humans have done for thousands of years.

I hope people realize that the early feminist writers actually wrote of a world where children are raised by the state...even mothers would be relieved of their parenting. We are actually on a path to that kind of world already. Fathers have been essentially deemed non-essential. Mothers are next.

2 - Accidental pregnancies, etc.. Women today are responsible for their own pregnancies. There are literally dozens of ways for a woman to prevent her own pregnancy, including abstinence. Men have abstinence of course, permanent surgery and condoms (and condoms are statistically a bad form of birth control). Roe vs Wade gave women the completely final say on whether or not they want to have a child, so the bottom line is that they must accept completely responsibility for the birth. You can't hold some man you barely know accountable. On the other hand, who will be the father? Women are really the ones that are in control of whether or not a child will be born into this world, and more and more they are choosing to do so without a father. I'm not trying to make excuses for deadbeat dads...i think they are deplorable as well, but let's get real, there are a lot of situations where two people should definitely NOT be having a child together, and yet the woman often chooses to go through with it anyway. Its no big secret that women have biological clocks that drives them to want this. The problem is that currently our society is not placing enough of a stigma on it...so they are starting to choose this option and living in peace with the idea of being a single mother....which is a selfish act really. Very unfair to any child that is brought into the world that way.

3 - A large percentage of the women that I date these days are single moms. i ask them all why they are divorced or single otherwise. Overwhelmingly the response is some flimsy excuse that is not a good reason for leaving a perfectly good man to raise children alone. They figure they earn enough money, they can handle it. No regard for the long term mental health of the children is ever considered, nor do they ever mention anything about it when explaining themselves to me. to be honest, I can only think of one out of several dozen that had a reasonable reason for leaving her husband and she was not from the USA. I'm not saying you're all like that. Some of you had sex with someone that wasn't ready to be a father. I haven't dated anyone like that, but I know you're out there. But still, see my previous paragraph about why you, the single mother, are ultimately responsible for bringing a child into the world without a father, so please stop crying victim.

The facts are that right now, currently, nationwide....40+% of children have a single mother. And the number is growing. Do we have to go back to 1950's situation to stop that trend? I would like to hope not, but something is definitely broken on the path we're on. Women are getting more and more cavalier about being able to raise their kids alone and they are basically saying things like "well I wanted the guy I had sex with me to be the father but he wasn't into it, so I'm doing it alone and they are growing up just fine so I'm not worrying about it". Its complete and utter selfishness and ignorance.

Yea there are some cases of women that are victims of terrible situations and my heart goes out to them. But the trends are that single motherhood is being legitimized, to the detriment of our society.
 borntoski683
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 4:10:24 PM

And to an earlier comment about the social experiment of divorce vs the stability of the nuclear family. The nuclear family and the isolating of families away from a community of extended family is the social experiment. For most of our evolution humans have lived in large communities of family members in which an aunt, sister, grandfather, or brother could be an alloparent to offspring. The nuclear family as an island is a fairly new concept-if you look at a few hundred years as recent.

Yes that is definitely true also...good point.... That is also part of the problem. Its all wrapped up and tied together... and part of why our society is on a collision course for disaster...
 borntoski683
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:40:00 PM
Yes Klopper....that is exactly the point.
 jennieinhouston
Msg: 138
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:52:03 PM
its not the specific "roles" in a childs life that make them who they are its their environment so just make sure he still gets to be a boy moms dont like to let their boys be boys as much as men in general do. So let them be a boy I have a 6 yr old and an 11 month old both boys soo ive learned this lesson well
 borntoski683
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:47:09 PM
that's definitely part of it jennie. Boys need to be boys.

I think most single mothers do actually figure this much out. The school system isn't there yet, but mothers know. Most mothers I know get pretty mad when the school teacher tells them their boy needs to be on ridilin, for example. They know and love their boy and know that their boy is just being a boy and this creative energy needs to be harnessed, and eventually focused, but not subdued.

Unfortunately our school system is currently failing the boys in this regard. New stats are coming out that the boys are not going to college and they aren't succeeding in the school system as is. I've watched my nephew going through this in the school system for the past 5 years. Recently he went to summer camp for a week. He is not a problem kid at all, if anything he can be a little bit too sensitive. Nonetheless, when he's with his two buddies, they have a lot of energy. I asked my nephew if he had fun at camp. He shrugged his shoulders. I was surprised to hear it was only "ok" for him. I asked more questions. Turns out the counselors had split the three boys up on the first morning into separate groups instead of letting them be together in the same group. They couldn't handle the energy of the three boys according to my sister. Consequently, they were separated from each other and got whatever they got out of it, but definitely not as much fun as it would have been with the three musketeers together. But the reality is that the mostly (if not all) female counselor staff can't deal with the energy of three tight friend boys together. In older days, there would be male counselors and the boys would have been put together with a male counselor that could not only deal with it, but would know how to tap into it and focus their creative boy energy into positive stuff.

Anyway, as I was saying...that much...most mothers totally understand and want to allow their boy to spread his wings and fly...

However, its also pretty much impossible, according to experts, for an adolescent boy to transform into a mature man with positive masculine energy by himself without the help of trusted elder male involvement. This may be difficult for women to understand because women do in fact turn from girl into woman somewhat more on their own. They start having their period one day and everything changes...they wake up and realize they aren't a little girl anymore. They grow breasts. They obtain sexual energy and power to attract males. This transforms them mentally into a woman, perhaps not overnight...but it does happen...and nobody else really has to do anything to them to transform them into a woman.

Boys don't have anything like that which happens to them to give them a mental wake up call and transform them into men. This is why most societies...going back thousands of years...have rituals that men typically do to bring boys into manhood. Every culture is a bit different, but as an example, in the Amazon tribes they literally break into the boy's hut in the middle of the night one night in his adolescence and drag him off to the men's secret headquarters in the jungle where the boy is put through some series of rituals, often times very scary to the point that he may even fear he is going to die(but he won't, its just the fear of it they are bringing out). Basically they try to create a sort of rebirth where the boy comes out the other end of this experience mentally transformed into a "man".

In other more civilized societies there are other types of more subtle rituals that have taken place...but it all amounts to the male elders of a family or tight knit community, helping the boy to separate himself from his mother, mentally, and move away from mother's world into the man's world. Its a mental shift. The influence of the so called "great mother" is extremely powerful to boys...and unless the boy goes through some kind of transforming event, it can plague him well into his 30's as a terminally adolescent male that continues to worship the "great mother" energy, as it is often referred.

if a boy does not have this elder male group to pull them into manhood, then he will probably try to do it himself, but usually will get it all wrong. This is where things like gangs come from. That is the extreme case, but there is no coincidence that gang members nearly always have no father around. There is all manner of negative behavior that can happen if a boy does not have a strong male community to help him transform. Very best case, a boy may simply end up highly feminized and will never try to become a man at all...but will in fact not become a truly mature man until maybe his 40's.

Today, in america, most of this elder male involvement has been all but obliterated. It doesn't exist. We are completely on our own to figure it out. Its estimated by some experts that this is not happening to most men until they are in their 40's where they finally put it all together and seperate themselves from the great mother spirit. How do mama's boys manifest the fact they are still stuck on their mommies? It can be anything from dating extremely older women, which is an obvious one, but also when you see young men that worship the female body, to a point of "worship", not just being attracted to females, but literally "worshiping" the female body, etc..that is all mama energy...they haven't transformed. They will be the first guys to cheat or be players. There are all kinds of different traits that un-transformed boys will manifest if they are not transformed by elder males into the world of men. But that is what is becoming of our society now...its so common now that most people in america don't even know what positive masculine energy is anymore. It is being erased from our culture. Single mothers with boys are one of the prime reasons for the change. Absentee fathers.
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 142
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:55:34 AM
Ok...I am NOT out to "slam" any single parent here....but .....when you are slamming the father of your child ( and is it NOT interesting that these are always started by the mother???....why is it never the father slamming the mother with his "at least I stepped up to the plate!" rhetoric ) .....Again ladies....YOU picked him!!...YOU f***ed him!....Now, he is your family...embrace it....your children need you to! .....And I raised two daughters with an immature women....and I'm ashamed to say that when I was asked how many kids I have I have answered like this, " Three daughters, and two of them have a great chance of becoming mature"......Now, since the divorce has been final my ex ( the pouty child ) never speaks to me or has a thing to do with thru the kids...unless it is thru a bogus protection order. ( because I had the temerity to call her about the kids, or when I called my 15 year old ) ....which each and every one have been dismissed and she has been lectured, for all the good it will do. I now call her, "The Plaintiff"....however....she IS my family! ( and as to that "You picked her..You f***ed her, thingee....a female lawyer told ME that! ......Good Advice....I felt it important enough to pass on )
 borntoski683
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:52:10 AM

Since you didn't have a positive male role model you have to work a bit harder to learn how to raise a secure boy. I went to a kid/parent play group and found a mother who was raising boys in a postive way and learned from her example. I put my kids in boyscouts, sports and church groups where interaction with men would be high.

It's not that I doubt you want or can raise your son to be a fine person without a male role models, it's that I know a boy raised without a male influence is open to insecuries we will never understand because we don't have a talley wacker lol.

ms beavenhouse, very well said!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:56:17 AM
Ms.B and HLM both have valid points all other issues aside.
More women being a touch more selective in who they conceive with in the first place would be a good thing. I say this because in the current atmosphere after conception a guy has zero input on whether or not the pregnancy even continues i.e. whether or not her becomes in reality a parent. So with greater rights comes greater responsibility.

All in all it would be best if both parents could set aside any anger or sense of betrayal long enough to just do what is best for the child. Unfortunately that won't always happen. But denying that any child male or female can benefit greatly from and NEEDS positive role models of both genders is ludicrous. My son needs to see how a man should behave, that male strength does not equate with overt aggression, my daughter needs to see a man that while different can be her compliment in life (assuming she turns out straight). Positive role models of both genders are essential and where ever possible it SHOULD be the natural parents. Feeling wanted by both parents is not too big a request on behalf of a child for us adults to not swallow our pride or resentment of each other for the betterment of our children.
 borntoski683
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 10:07:30 AM

my daughter needs to see a man that while different can be her compliment in life (assuming she turns out straight).

yea. Also I think a very big thing and important thing that gets picked up from father to daughter and almost nobody else can do it....is that a loving father can show her what it means to be truly loved by a male in a positive way, without sexual attraction being part of it. Girls without fathers (or girls with abusive fathers), are often usually very confused on this point.

Beavin, I think Moon's emotional outburst is related to the fact that there are quite a lot of women on this thread giving justifications for why they are single mothers. And I think he is trying in his own way to say "stop justifying it". Try harder to not end up that way and quit blowing rosey colored smoke up each other's asses about it.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 10:46:28 AM

I agree yet find it interesting there is little compassion for the women who didn't have a loving father.

Quite the opposite. Compassion for the child of such situation is one thing. Blindly accepting it as an excuse for poor choices as an adult is another.
I often wonder how many teen moms have a good father or any father at all. Will they even know how t recognise such a man? What effect will that have on the children they raise?
Sure it isn't her fault she didn't have that. But I'd get my pee-pee slapped by many for suggesting that her own mother might have been in error by not providing her with positive male models, or could have made a grave error in portraying men in a solely negative light i.e. sperm donor etc....
Devaluing a male parents contribution or potential contribution is a disservice to the child. That is the point would make, and I believe that HM's point ran the same direction if with more venom than I'd like. If a woman choses to conceive with a man then holding her responsible for her part isn't really any different than holding the man responsible aswell. That includes both making better choices in their co-parent.
 borntoski683
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 3:10:53 PM

So because it's a man's emotional outburst it's ok? Women get angry and they are man haters but a man is just having a difficult day?

I did not actually say that I think his outburst was ok. If I were trying to do that why would i word it that way? I called it exactly what it was, an emotional outburst. Why are you trying to create another he said, she said situation by inferring that I did try to say its "ok"? I was not meaning to defend his "outburst", simply trying to explain his point of view which although passionate and full of flame, still has some validity underneath it that might be missed.

By the way, I have never called anyone a man hater on this site, FWIW.

I agree yet find it interesting there is little compassion for the women who didn't have a loving father.

Well first of all, how much compassion do you hear being laid down for
violent men or men with serious problems? None. Oftentimes those very men are
the result of no-father. FWIW. Compassion has a limit when the actions being taken by these people is damaging the lives of others. Compassion should always be there, but so should justice, mercy for the victims, etc..

Second, you need to separate compassion from civil discussion. These issues are real, are happening and need to be discussed. It is our generation that is establishing the future for our children and their children with pretty radical changes in our societal structure.... Yes we need to discuss these things and political correctness is not going to cut it. Yes you can feel sorry for someone, feel compassion for them and still criticize them at the same time. Those are not mutually exclusive. And what about compassion for the children?!?!? Isn't that what we're really talking about here? Stop
crying victim, stop complaining about the criticism. Think about the children.

Interestingly, this all gets back to the argument about exactly why single parenting is so toxic to our society. Single parents raise many kids which are not completely mentally healthy as adults for all the reasons we have been identifying. Both men and women, in different ways. Then those new adults are eventually going to try to get together and create their own dysfunctional family? They will be even worse. We're actually already on the second round now and look around, things are broken, and probably gonna get worse. Several generations down the line, its not looking good.

That's not even half of the raising of a boy. He doesn't see the love,
passion, and committment between a good mom and dad and his wholesome family.

FWIW, that is the female perspective. That is what daughters learn from their
dad, but not actually by watching mom, its more by dad loving them directly.

Boys and girls may get a "role model" by watching their dad and mom be romantic and loving
..but that stuff does not really have some kind
of life changing transformational impact on them. Boys don't need to see
their mom loving their dad to know that their mother loves them just as much
perhaps even more sometimes. A boy needs the love of his mother a lot more
than he needs to see his father and mother loving. Matter of fact, usually
what happens is that around age 5 the boy will start considering dad as
competition for mom's love.

As far as watching the two of them together and learning how to be romantic
and treat a woman right, that is just plain old good role modeling. We should
distinguish between plain old role modeling, which can be learned from
many different places, including tv, movies, teachers, friends, neighbors,
siblings, books and any number of other places.

This is distinct from the deep deep psychological stuff I have been trying
to talk about that only a father and mother or very close 2nd place perhaps
can have that kind of transformational impact on a child. It really cannot by replaced by the boy scouts, the army or anything else.

h2o_baby
Msg: 175
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:12:25 AM
In a perfect world in a perfect society - yes it would be great and beneficial to have both parents to raise a child but as we all know - that isn't the case - whether its from divorce, death, or other, we have to make due. Stop blaming everyone and buck up. Yeah, my sons father is not in the picture. His loss. He will have to live with the guilt that brings. He had every opportunity to be a father and chose not to. So I have to raise him as a single mother and surround him with positive influences. Luckily I'm a bit of a tomboy and will take him camping, fishing, I will teach him how to play football and throw a baseball but I will also let grandpa take him golfing and fishing so he has the "male" bonding that is necessary in a boys life. I have 2 sisters who have wonderful fiance's that will be strong influences in his life also.

My father was a good father when he was around. My parents divorced when I was in High school and once they divorced he fell off the face of the earth and chose not to be a parent. She did what she had to do and my father did what he had to do. He will have to live with that decision the rest of his life. Why stay angry? What's the point? The negativity will rub off on your children and they will take notice and be angry individuals.

I know a lot of women as well as men like to hold grudges and take revenge - that will probably never change but remember all parents out there - there are little people who look up to you and learn from you, even when we think they aren't looking!

-k
 bigshrek
Msg: 178
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:23:20 PM
^^^ Amen.

A bad dad is far worse than none at all.
 amberburnett86
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:31:55 AM
Honestly I have a 7 month old baby boy, and his father has stopped by twice to see him. And then realized he wasn't ready for a baby yet. Has never came by again, or called to find out how his son's doing. But I'm happy that my son doesn't have him around to look up to in the future. The person my ex is, is not what I want my son to be like. And I look at it as my son has all the love he needs in his life. He is the happiest baby I have ever seen, and he's healthy. And there is always people around him that love him unconditionally. Yeah he may come with questions in the future, but at least he will never be disappointed if Daddy decides to stop coming around in the future. If he never knows him, he can't blame himself for him leaving. And as long as he knows mommy loves him more than snything else, and isn't going anywahere. Then it shouldn't matter.:)
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:44:25 AM
I was very concerned about this. My sons were 10 and 11 when they're dad left. And he didn't just leave to move to a different location - he LEFT their lives. Additionally, after one not good experience with an alcoholic fiance, I made the decision to NOT date until they were grown. Hard but worth it. I couldn't risk the impact men tripping in and out of their young lives would have.

I treated them with respect at all times. We formed a tight treo. We shared everything and some great things that worked for me were dinners. Always - even if it was Mac & Cheese - we always sat around the table together. (Exception? Pizza night. It could be by the TV)

Hard for Mom's to talk to boys- about guy stuff - so I learned how to kick their butts at pool, darts, and I play a nice game of football. They soon out grew me - but because I respected them - I never raised my voice, and I never had to. They never had curfews and never needed them - both were always home long before I expected because they didn't want me to worry. Our home was the place where all the kids hung out and crashed and that was GREAT because I didn't have to worry. Sure - I had a lot of food runs, pop cans and extra housework - but the safety and the laughter of my kids was worth it.

Sometimes it was hard - not having a man there for them. And occasionally I'd call on my Dad or my little brother to step in and assist. But not often. And now both are grown, one is attending police academy and has a beautifulnew home and wife, the other is getting engaged to his high school sweetheart.

I think I've done it successfully - but it ain't easy.

A tip for all parents: some great resources for talking to your kids about important stuff without them knowing you are? Look for games or books with open ended questions such as: "the Big Book of Questions"; "The Big Book of Questions:Sex and Dating Edition"; the Ungame by Talicor Inc (a card game about opinions, beliefs and feelings) and a neat little card game about connecting that's full of questions about friends, love, relating, family, moral issues, and society which you can check out at doyouQ.com

Happy Parenting!
 msg47
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:34:32 PM
To Klopper...if you're so "affected" by the women who are asking for advice and/or support about the situations that they are in, then exactly why are you taking part in this forum?
 msg47
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:38:18 PM
I really have to say that this post infuriated me. As a single mother of 2 young boys, who is divorced from their father, reading your comment was rather difficult. I do not speak negatively about my child's father, as I feel that the fact that he abandoned the family after years of marriage will show them enough. But for you to assume that it is the fault of the mother that things are not always "friendly" with the father, I seriously think you should think before you speak. You do not know what situations these women are in, and unless you're a single mother, yourself, perhaps you shouldn't judge on such a sensitive subject.
 janofc
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:04:33 PM
Being a single parent is hard for children of both genders. Especailly is the other parent decides to not be a part of their lives.
 Strongdad
Msg: 218
Posted: 7/30/2008 4:26:37 PM
Does a boy need a Dad? Of course. In my opinion, no one can teach a boy how to be a man better than a man. Preferably, that should be his own father. All Dad's should man up. It is good that most do. It saddens me to hear of stories where a parent doesn't care about their kids. Mom or Dad, it's just sickeningly wrong.

SD
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >