Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Are women with breast augmentation cheating with false advertising?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 venusflytrap
Msg: 51
Are women with breast augmentation cheating with false advertising?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
If your biggest concern is the 'false' advertising with fake boobs , then you really aren't sincere in who you are really looking for. Little things like that shouldn't matter if you really care about someone.

What if someone had cancer and had a breast augmentation to save as much breast tissue as possible? or you going to judge them as well? I would like to know that someone I am in love with is in it for the long haul, not just because of my boobs but the whole package. Boobs are a funny thing, since people tend to judge women based on their size that the bigger they are the smaller the brain. I love proving that theory wrong, and it just reestablishes that the people that make assumptions soley based on my cleavage aren't worth my time.

Thank god mine are real, cause I would probably want fake ones,lol.
 Cynderella
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Are women with breast augmentation cheating with false advertising?
Posted: 9/23/2008 11:53:17 AM
What she said...^^^
Way to go girl!!!!
 My_Red_Tricycle
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/23/2008 12:00:33 PM
personally speaking, from my point of view, i'm not for or against fake breasts. i've been with ladies who had it done and those who are natural. false advertising? come on, who said that? some shallow guy, with out of this world expectations? sheesh!
 XHTML
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/23/2008 12:21:59 PM
steep and deep
ome on, who said that? some shallow guy, with out of this world expectations? sheesh!

If you were to actually read the original post you might realize it is a query, not a statement of opinion.

In other words nobody said anything, but someone did ask a question. There is a difference.

Indeed... Sheesh!
 NeptuneDreamGirl
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/23/2008 6:49:27 PM
I brought up this topic a while ago, only it was about reductions. Would that be considered false advertising? Showing up with less than I started with?

I can't shop for bras in regular stores, I have to spend a hundred bucks for the most basic bra. Still want the reduction but will hold off for a while yet...

Everyone 'seems' to want what they don't have.
 XHTML
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/25/2008 11:32:36 AM
I just received an email which is somewhat on topic.

Apple announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music.

The iTit will cost from $499 to $699, depending on cup and speaker size.

This has been hailed as a major social breakthrough, because women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

Phuqd
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/25/2008 10:37:36 PM
I am not sure if I would call it false advertising or not, but I am buying whatever they are selling.
 flowerforce
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/26/2008 4:01:57 PM
What is the difference form a woman who gets breast implants from a man who gets hair implants? Both are done for reasons personal to the person getting the procedure done.
Who are we to sit in judgment of others. This is 2008. A little cosmetic enhancement can go a long way to contributing to better self esteem and feelings of self worth. If a fellow has difficulty with breast implants in his woman and believes it is " false advertising" then it is his issue not hers.
 GreySpot
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2008 5:52:02 PM
I once had a relationship with a woman who had breast implants. She told me sbout it right away on like our second date. No I didn't feel cheated or anything like that but I didn't really like them. She was a wonderful sexual partner, caring and enthusiastic. but the implants neither looked or especially felt, well normal i guess. She had them done because they made her feel better, and more attractive about herself, not particularly to be more attractive to men. Having larger breasts did not make her more attractive to me though. I liked her for herself, not her breast size.
 MissAmber01
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:37:06 PM
Sooo myself being someone with naturally large (DDD) breasts, I can honestly say that having big breasts is not all that it is cracked up to be...I mean really it is soooo hard to find tops that fit. Now my breasts are not as "perky" as they were before breast feeding 2 children, but for me personally, breast augmentation would just be silly...BUT after I am through with children for sure I certainly would not hesitate to have a breast LIFT done. Now as for other women doing it...I think it is their choice. Although I am not a fan of those women who do it STRICTLY for attention, but to do it to make yourself fell sexier and better about your self...more power to you!!
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 8:34:38 AM
Cheated? nope, nothing wrong with a fake set. Nothing at all, but def have to have the legs and smile to make up for it.
Id much rather have a girl with smaller breasts personally, b cups are perfect, though I can go either way really.
It all boils down to who the girl is herself, and if she felt the need to have them done for herself, and only for herself to make her feel better about herself, then Im all for it, its when the girl had hers done for reasons other then making herself feel better.
 Wreckin Ball
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/7/2008 9:00:29 AM
In my opinion, women should be able to do what they like with their own bodies. As my old friend Steve-o used to say, "I don't care if they're got ZIPPERS in 'em, I love 'em all!" However, it gets a little tiresome hearing people say "judge me by my brains rather than my boobs" when boobs is all you can see in their profile! The photos bely the argument on this one, I'm afraid.
 XHTML
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/10/2008 8:26:22 PM
I had the opportunity to watch a movie, "Breast Men", a 1997 semibiographical, dark comedy which tells the tale of the doctors who pioneered the usage of silicone breast implants, their financial success and follows their different life paths.

The story loosely tracks the history of the real-life breast implant industry phenomenon, from its radical introduction through its incredible popularity through the controversial silicone link to various types of illness and cancer, following which the industry switched to saline. The story is interspersed with interview snippets of women from the 1970s who have received breast augmentation with varying degrees of success, including their pleasure and displeasure.

After getting her implants one woman, an investment banking firm employee who lost the respect of her co-workers, said "Like I'd paid my doctor to take out my brain and stuff it into my tits."

David Schwimmer, Chris Cooper and Emily Procter (CSI Miami) star.

A couple of links:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0698346/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_Men
 PhatFat the WaterRat
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/10/2008 8:44:52 PM
windchimez
One way to solve the problem of meeting blokes with different preferences for the size of knockers...
Get implants with a built in pump that inflate or deflate at will - that way everyone is happy

hahaha why not? men have them for a "perky" effect where needed.
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/11/2008 7:21:41 PM
Being a D cup myself, I know that most guys love to play between a woman's breasts, something that hasn't been mentioned yet. So then, keeping this in mind, I see no difference between a guy getting his penis enlarged so he can give his lady more sexual pleasure & a woman getting her breasts enlarged so she can give her guy more sexual pleasure.

I have a friend whose wife cheated on him with several guys & when she left him, she told him that his equipment wasn't big enough to please any woman. That totally shot down his self-esteem so off he went to get his equipment surgically enlarged. He gained an inch & a half & was on the large side of average after the surgery. It was enough to raise his self-confidence & by doing so, it made him a much better & more adventurous lover. The extra length also allowed him to reach areas & perform in positions that he couldn't before, giving both him & his partner more pleasure.

I think the same applies to any woman who is sexually inhibited because she feels inadequate with having small breasts. If having her breasts enlarged increases her self-confidence, she will be more comfortable with her body & become a more open & adventurous lover which will likely increase her own sexual pleasure as well. I personally don't condone anyone going through cosmetic surgery for the sole benefit of someone else & think it should be only be done if it will make a person feel better about themselves.

As far as losing nipple sensitivity during cosmetic breast surgery, the risk is always there. However, you are more likely to lose nipple sensitivity during breast lifts & reductions, where the nipple & areola sometimes need to be temporarily detached from the body's blood supply during the surgery in order to reposition them properly. After examining & measuring your breasts, your surgeon can tell you whether the surgery can be done without cutting off the blood supply or not. I have many friends who have had breast lifts & reductions & all have said that they didn't lose any sensitivity.

As far as whether breast augmentation is cheating or not, some could say that a woman who uses makeup is using false advertising because she looks different without it. Same goes for a guy who waxes the hair off his chest or back or whatever.
 LadyLadyLady
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/11/2008 9:37:39 PM

How do you feel about possibly attracting a man who cares more about your bra cup size than you, the person within?

I prefer to be with someone who accepts and appreciates the whole package, not just the wrapping.

Hmmmmm...this gets me thinking.....don't we all false advertise in one way or another?

What about all the other cosmetic surgery proceedures? Face lifts, nose jobs, lip enhancements, chin/cheek implants, liposuctin, etc. etc.

If we really want to get petty here, what about those that dye thier hair? Go to tanning beds? Get fake nails? Have hair removed from assorted body parts? All these things change/alter a person's physical appearance....so in a sense it's all 'false'.

And on a deeper level... what about the masks some wear so others don't discover who they really are? What about the lies some tell to falsely portray who or what they are because they believe they can win the favor of another? They are advertising themselves...falsely.

Meh, live and let live I say. To each their own.

~JaneSays~
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:16:19 PM
No, I don't think so, but since the OP is still around and likes to write on this subject perhaps he could comment.
 Dr. Gazebo
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/24/2009 4:42:22 PM
I lol'd at this thread. Guys, forget about reacting to women on their aesthetics and beauty concerns and work on your own! How many men even use a cleanser, much less and toner or moisturizer or good sunscreen? How many men know how to dress, understand fashion, or know how to carry off a good hair style? Not many! So dudes, focus on your own issues first and then if you have time, we might listen to ya on women.

This brings to mind a great song by Stringband;

"Show us the length of your****
>Are you hung like a beaver or are you hung like a bear?
We dont care if yer slim or your slender
Personality is about as important as member..
So show us the size of your****
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 6:34:06 PM

I lol'd at this thread. Guys, forget about reacting to women on their aesthetics and beauty concerns and work on your own!

If it weren't for the "LOL" I would not have commented, but methinks the old proverb"
he who sits in glass house shall be careful when casting stones" applies.

So dude, while you may be right without having said it, any body enhancement , worn externally or done surgically may add to a more pleasing appearance. It does however not reflect any more of the real person behind it other than the conclusion that there may be an indication of someone trying to mislead or impress others with the superficial.

While you may argue that societies have rules of etiquette and show of mutual respect by means of dressing in particular for special occasions the other old proverb applies also:" no matter how you dress someone you may still not be able to take them anywhere" as the clothes one wears have never made the man (woman) who may wear them. The same applies for cosmetic procedures.
However, we may personally like or have them done or not, that is a matter of opinion and personal choice, isn't it?
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 1:16:12 PM
False advertising to me would be some Fishy bragging about his lovely digs....but we can never go to 'His' place...find out much later he is 49 and still living at home with Mom and Pops!

...and Mom still cooks for him and does his laundry OY!
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 1:17:04 PM
POST NOTE***

no problems with augmentation here... I got natural DDs....

and they are not DD LONGS!!!!!!!!!!
 Dr. Gazebo
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/25/2009 2:57:03 PM
If it weren't for the "LOL" I would not have commented, but methinks the old proverb"
he who sits in glass house shall be careful when casting stones" applies.

Dude, check yourself. Be consistent. Either be a nasty dude or be a friendly one. But stop with the "im so mellow, I am a nice guy" routine, and then take jabs at ANY poster who disagrees with you.

As I told you before, think before you hurl hubris my way.

Have a nice day!

And for the record, your skin is in fantastic shape. Although your hairstyle is rather dated, you have taken good care of it. In all, i think you represent good male grooming. If you werent such a hassle to deal with on the forums I would give you a good rating!

~JaneSays~
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/25/2009 5:45:25 PM

Dude, check yourself. Be consistent. Either be a nasty dude or be a friendly one. But stop with the "im so mellow, I am a nice guy" routine, and then take jabs at ANY poster who disagrees with you.

As I told you before, think before you hurl hubris my way.

You have my complete understanding, Peace Dude! I am so jabbed that I feel like a pin cushion and it is Mr Hubris himself swiping away at me all the while playing the Mr Nice Guy routine.

I dont think breast augmentation is false advertising. Would you say the same if a woman had a breast reduction?
 Walts
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 5:56:25 PM

I am so jabbed that I feel like a pin cushion

May I suggest put the paint can down and quit painting that target on your back???? Just a suggestion.

People can do what they want with themselves. What I don't really understand is after they do these things (bigger tas tas, or whatever) they turn around and biatch,whine and complain when you hear other's opinions or see their reactions on such things.

An example would be when the young ladies of today dress without much clothing and then complain about the dirty old men staring at these areas.

Ummmm,,,,girls,,,,I've got glasses for reason.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 6:28:43 PM
If you werent such a hassle to deal with on the forums I would give you a good rating!

dude Hassle is my middle name, well one of them....
brings out the best in forums,,, ahmm posters
but really you have no idea from forum hassle.... there aint nuttin like da real thing...lol
the trick is like with augmentations or clothes to look past the superficial

but then if I'd tied to get your attention that would be as my kids would express it "oh yuck, so gay"...lol
and even if you tried your best at all available augmentations I'm still favoring the granny over a tranny....just an old fashioned thing of mine, kind of a choice not a prejudice. Hope you understand.
And thanks for the well wishes

Back to augmentations, physical appearances may not be all pleasing to the eye, they may invoke sympathy perhaps, a mild form of discomfort. I think enhancement of the neural pathways connecting the lobes would make many a critter have a much better appearance in the eyes of others, I mean if single cell bacteria can communicate amongst its own species as well as all others effectively and functionally, a critter with a trillion single cells should be able to...ooohhps, forgot that's too much information
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Are women with breast augmentation cheating with false advertising?