Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ofcup
Msg: 6
SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILEPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Honesty is best.....look at it like this if she ges past the user name then thats one less thing to get in the way of what could be good relantionship.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 7
SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILE
Posted: 7/12/2008 7:56:38 PM
Actually while I think it is important to tell someone before you become emotionally connected...I dont think you are your STD ...just looks like a rather harsh view to have of yourself...good luck to you in your search.
 Leeanne
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2008 5:45:27 AM
I would think that posting you have an STD would make others run as fast as they can in the other direction. However it is very important to be up front and explain to any potential date!
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 1:24:40 PM
wow @ 9 to 9....... I didn't realize that having a virus or an illness automatically made you miserable.... your post was not called for.... opinions like yours are what keep people with STDs from saying anything.... they are scared of people calling them names.... not all people with an STD were Hot to Trot.... many get them in a long term relationship....

I don't know why I am even wasting my font on you.... you won't get it....

On topic.....

telling and being up front is essential... in this world of internet lies.... this is one thing folks can't lie about...
 DCinFL
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/25/2008 6:13:17 AM
someone should create a dating site specifically for people who already have an STD..........think about it.......im sure atleast 25% of people out there having sex have an STD already, most probably dont even know, and the ones that do know probably have a hard time meeting people......it would probably make it easier if they could just meet someone who already has the same thing as them, that way its no big deal.
 EvilMelmo
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:57:02 AM
read other responses in this thread. There already are dating sites for people with STD's
 1800 VTX
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2008 6:00:25 PM
I Expose A POF Lady Player In My Profile. I Did This As A Caring Friend Rather Than A Negative Comment. Both People Get Hurt Emotionally And Possibly Physically Besides The STD's Themselves. (READ PROFILE)
Std's Are A Fact Of Life To Be Dealt With, Yet No One Has The Right To PREY UPON Another Human Being By Not Informing Them Up Front.
Since My Posting I Have Been Contacted By At Least 6 POF People Who Either Have Contracted An STD Through This Site Or Passed One Without Informing A Partner.
Some Have Pulled Their Profile And Others Have Amended Theirs As They Saw The Harm They Were Doing To Themselves And Others.
The Friend I Spoke Of Has Since Pulled Her Profile ,Yet Is Still Out Intentionally Passing STD's To "Get Back At The Men Passing". She Now No Longer Considers Me A Friend As I Chastised Her For Doing So. I HAVE FORGIVEN HER, NOW THROUGH TRUTH AND HONESTY SHE MUST FORGIVE HERSELF...ALWAYS HER FRIEND...
Of These 6 ,I Regularly Communicate With A Couple. They Are Wonderful People Just Like The Rest Of Us Who Want To Be Respected .And Unknowingly As My Friend Were Victimized.
I Will Support Any Person Who Is Truthful And Honest. I Sincerely Hope Everyone Finds Their Lifemate Or Lover. I Have And Will Continue To Be A True Friend To All Those I Love.
God Bless
 bbc_thug420
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:56:15 AM
I say do it! As stupid as it is that some people would let a couple bumps get in the way of "true love" (I mean seriously herpes is about 1/1000 of that which is chicken pox), It'll save you headaches in the long run.

Believe me, there are A LOT more potential mates on pof with it than you think, many of whom are just looking to hook up and feel sexy again. And, if you're looking for a relationship you'll share something in common right off the bat that guaranteed will bring you closer together.
 onceagain57
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:42:32 AM
It is good to be honest but its also up to the person as long as they DO let their date know....its the decent and honest thing to do....
 pinkhaireddoggy
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:16:57 AM
If you have a currable disease, get it cured then you don't have an issue.

If it's transmissable, incurable, recurring, possibly debilitating or deadly I think it's a moral and legal obligation to disclose it. I don't want, herpes, scabies, TB, VD, leprosy, or warts. If someone gives me anything like that I'd see they were put in jail.
 bbc_thug420
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:06:13 AM
Obviously if you're going to show internet pictures of an hsv outbreak (often to sell a product or service), you're going to use the most vivid imagery you can find.
A lot of those pictures on-line are taken from people whose immune systems have already been compromised by another disease (HIV, Hepititus, etc). I'm sure if you dug around you can probably find some pretty nasty pictures of the Chicken Pox as well. It is just a different strain of the same virus after-all.
FACT: Outbreaks are very painful for a few people, a nuisance for a larger percentage, and asymptomatic for a majority.
There is no other disease w/this level of hysteria where %50 of those with it will never actually know they have it.
I understand full disclosure and everything, but in 2012 w/ Valtrax and Acyclovir and HIV and Hepatitis-C, herpes is pretty whateves. Much bigger issues in the world.
 Midnight0018
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/7/2012 5:27:23 PM
According the CDC HSV-2 one out of 4 women have it, and 1 out of 5 men have it
HSV-1 90% of the U.S. population have it.
HPV 50% the the U.S. population have it....

I have it written on my profile ...honesty is the best policy

also I would like to add that if the stats are correct not many are being honest on here.....
 Lionesse19
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:34:02 PM
capitals are shouting, so I would tone it down a bit lol! I wouldnt mention it to anyone until you are in a situation where sex may happen. You can join sites where there are similarly affected persons. It is no one's business until you are involved with them. Hopefully condoms would be used anyway although herpes can be gotten anyway and even from toilet seats and from those who dont know they carry it, so you take your chances in life. Most people would not confess they had it especially men who are wanting sex urgently lol!
 Lionesse19
Msg: 19
Saying you have a STD in your profile
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:39:31 PM
motley maiden

Men wont confess to having an STD on a dating site where they have little chance of hooking up anyway and that would just reduce their chances to nil. I also agree that you dont have to be promiscuous to contract an STD, that is narrow minded and ignorant.
 Pomose
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:47:20 PM
I agree with 9 to 9 especially on his last point, If the whiney liberals feel sorry for them then you go date these lepers, most of them were I.V. drug users, who brought it on them selves, or serial daters.
 Dolphina
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:48:56 PM
You can type without the capitals key stuck down, you know.

As to your question whether to include in your profile that you're looking for someone who is "STD compatible", well that is only meaningful if the STD you have is the same STD they have. What exact sexually transmitted disease is it that you have? Having syphilis and meeting and having sex with someone with gonorrhea wont protect you from their gonorrhea, nor they from your syphilis. The term STD is broad, and doesn't tell you much? Is it genital herpes or hep c, genital warts, chlamydia, or what? You can catch the common cold from the close physical contact involved in having sex with someone (true, not strictly an STD). So saying "STD compatible" isn't at all useful. Whether you need to say anything about what disease you have in your profile is debatable, but certainly it's important to tell a suitor that you intend to have sex with that you have it and that it is being medically treated. That's responsible behaviour.

I'd like to know the specifics of someone's STD before I got to know them intimately, for sure.
 OutMind
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/8/2012 8:20:32 AM
I had bought stock on a Spanish bank with the trading letters STD. So technically speaking I had stock on STD. I think eventually they caught up with it and changed it to SAN. Much better. So I don't have to say anymore that I have STD. Hehehe.
 oneday57
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/9/2016 4:16:50 AM
I would say personal preference BUT in saying that ......if I were to meet and she admitted to having some sort of STD I would be pissed only because I would of talked to her for a while before meeting her and that's not to say I wouldn't want to see her but it should be my decision as it should anyone...lol
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/10/2016 7:02:48 PM

I would say personal preference BUT in saying that ......if I were to meet and she admitted to having some sort of STD I would be pissed only because I would of talked to her for a while before meeting her and that's not to say I wouldn't want to see her but it should be my decision as it should anyone...lol

Good luck finding someone who would admit of carrying an std. It is "safer" to treat everyone as if they are, (you CANNOT tell by looking at the person) until they prove you otherwise. In the meantime ALWAYS use condoms.
 GWSmith
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/13/2016 7:09:50 PM
If you have an STD that is untreatable than you should be upfront on a dating profile. I fyou have one that is treatable get it treated before you even start trying to find a relationship or sex. Be an adult.
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
Putting the U in STD
Posted: 8/14/2016 6:19:34 AM
Yes, what GWS said. Not just about STD's, tho, if you have any issue, its best to get it solved/handled before including someone else in it. A relationship doesn't fix anything, it requires a stable foundation in both people to build on.
 anjoski
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2017 12:21:39 PM
I would be glad to know upfront and I would be pissed to find out after I've met someone that they had something and withheld it, because, for me, that's a no go. That being said, if you wanted to meet someone before revealing that information, I can kinda see where you're coming from but certainly I wouldn't suggest going beyond a first meeting (and certainly no hookups) without disclosing any important, or particularly incurable information.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2017 4:59:17 PM
I doubt any one would admit they have stds on a profile and I am sure many do have it. There are websites for those who have herpes I believe. Condoms dont protect from every disease and you take your chances.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/3/2017 2:54:15 PM
Sekees profile is honest about it.

hemingway234
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/7/2017 5:47:34 AM
Try Positive Singles site.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILE