Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pomose
Msg: 20
SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILEPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I agree with 9 to 9 especially on his last point, If the whiney liberals feel sorry for them then you go date these lepers, most of them were I.V. drug users, who brought it on them selves, or serial daters.
 Dolphina
Msg: 21
SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILE
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:48:56 PM
You can type without the capitals key stuck down, you know.

As to your question whether to include in your profile that you're looking for someone who is "STD compatible", well that is only meaningful if the STD you have is the same STD they have. What exact sexually transmitted disease is it that you have? Having syphilis and meeting and having sex with someone with gonorrhea wont protect you from their gonorrhea, nor they from your syphilis. The term STD is broad, and doesn't tell you much? Is it genital herpes or hep c, genital warts, chlamydia, or what? You can catch the common cold from the close physical contact involved in having sex with someone (true, not strictly an STD). So saying "STD compatible" isn't at all useful. Whether you need to say anything about what disease you have in your profile is debatable, but certainly it's important to tell a suitor that you intend to have sex with that you have it and that it is being medically treated. That's responsible behaviour.

I'd like to know the specifics of someone's STD before I got to know them intimately, for sure.
 OutMind
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/8/2012 8:20:32 AM
I had bought stock on a Spanish bank with the trading letters STD. So technically speaking I had stock on STD. I think eventually they caught up with it and changed it to SAN. Much better. So I don't have to say anymore that I have STD. Hehehe.
 oneday57
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/9/2016 4:16:50 AM
I would say personal preference BUT in saying that ......if I were to meet and she admitted to having some sort of STD I would be pissed only because I would of talked to her for a while before meeting her and that's not to say I wouldn't want to see her but it should be my decision as it should anyone...lol
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/10/2016 7:02:48 PM

I would say personal preference BUT in saying that ......if I were to meet and she admitted to having some sort of STD I would be pissed only because I would of talked to her for a while before meeting her and that's not to say I wouldn't want to see her but it should be my decision as it should anyone...lol

Good luck finding someone who would admit of carrying an std. It is "safer" to treat everyone as if they are, (you CANNOT tell by looking at the person) until they prove you otherwise. In the meantime ALWAYS use condoms.
 GWSmith
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/13/2016 7:09:50 PM
If you have an STD that is untreatable than you should be upfront on a dating profile. I fyou have one that is treatable get it treated before you even start trying to find a relationship or sex. Be an adult.
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
Putting the U in STD
Posted: 8/14/2016 6:19:34 AM
Yes, what GWS said. Not just about STD's, tho, if you have any issue, its best to get it solved/handled before including someone else in it. A relationship doesn't fix anything, it requires a stable foundation in both people to build on.
 anjoski
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2017 12:21:39 PM
I would be glad to know upfront and I would be pissed to find out after I've met someone that they had something and withheld it, because, for me, that's a no go. That being said, if you wanted to meet someone before revealing that information, I can kinda see where you're coming from but certainly I wouldn't suggest going beyond a first meeting (and certainly no hookups) without disclosing any important, or particularly incurable information.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2017 4:59:17 PM
I doubt any one would admit they have stds on a profile and I am sure many do have it. There are websites for those who have herpes I believe. Condoms dont protect from every disease and you take your chances.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/3/2017 2:54:15 PM
Sekees profile is honest about it.

hemingway234
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/7/2017 5:47:34 AM
Try Positive Singles site.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > SAYING U HAVE AN STD IN YOUR PROFILE