Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bigshrek
Msg: 403
would guys date a female cop?Page 19 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
It's a 50/50 on that, some really are that butch and enjoy the look. Some others take up the Butch Look to keep every guy in the station house from hitting on them. Of course, the fun part about female cops is that they ARE Strong, Interesting, and Aggressive!! Why date pushovers or airhead blonde cheerleaders when you can have a REAL TOUGH WOMAN!?!?!?!? Easy/dumb women are only there so you have something to bang while you find a woman worth having a relationship with.

And let's face it, Long Hair on a cop is ONLY gonna get pulled, and Not in the Fun Way. So the hair is the FIRST thing to go.

Next thing any female in LE has to do is Get Into Strong Physical Condition...or she's gonna get her butt kicked, and again, Not In the Fun Way. For some reason some go into being big ole heifers...and i can't understand that, either. Poor physical condition as a police officer or as a firefighter/medic is not only unhealthy in general, it's bloody stupid.

Next is take up a serious martial art...like Krav Maga, Jui-jutsu, or Aikido. Those arts give one a choice of nastyness in fighting levels...mostly so one doesn't end up in court too often like the TaeKwonDo & Karate ones end up having to deal with.

And then there is spending time at the gun range. The smart ones go AT LEAST twice a month, bare minimum. Practicing with their Duty weapon, Backup weapon, Shotgun, Rifle (if issued), and Taser. Then with whatever else they have around the house ;)
 RobertKoi
Msg: 407
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 4/23/2009 6:57:17 AM
I have a problem with law "enforcement." It sounds like something that belongs in a fascist state like Nazi Germany or Italy under Mussolini. But then again, that's where we're heading.
 rockondon
Msg: 410
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 4:15:25 PM
I would if it gets me out of paying a fine
 hungry_joe
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 4:04:33 PM
Yeah I'd would (and have) dated female cops. It takes a speical type of person to date a first responder. You're just running into the wrong guys. Oh the one night stand thing seems to be what a lot of people are looking for male and female.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2016 11:50:03 PM
Years ago I would have, but not today. I'm about as straight-laced as they come. Over the years I've heard some cops chatter, and the spouses of cops chatter and the same thing comes up: Paranoia about crime & a general low opinion of human nature. I just don't want to hear that when I'm with someone. I need someone more optimistic and open-hearted.
 perspektiv
Msg: 416
Posted: 10/30/2016 3:38:08 AM
I've come across this situation, once.

For me, its deeper than their profession. I really don't like firearms. That on its own, would not sit right with me.

Also, most cops have highly authoritative personalities. Almost to a point where they're insulted, if they're not obeyed to.
I'm not saying all, but I've yet to meet a cop that wasn't in one way shape or form, power tripping over the badge they had.

For women to be in the force, you have to be that much more assertive, to command respect.

I don't think I could handle that much authority in a partner, in a relationship.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 417
Posted: 10/30/2016 4:06:00 AM
I wouldn't date a biddy cop. In the USA, they're part of the "blue wall of silence", part of the problem. They might be directly part of the problem, for example the female cop who murdered a citizen in Tulsa.

There's a slight chance I might consider a former cop who quit early or who was fired / forced out of the industry for testifying against a bad cop.

Would date a female park ranger / game warden / conservation agent. Would be realistic they might be busy and might allocate much energy into their duties.

I wouldn't date anyone who believes the media hype of cops being "heroes". If anyone tries to say to me, "Blue lives matter", I answer with "ALL lives matter", guaranteed to traumatize.

When younger, I "dated" a girl who had a police chief uncle. Another, her father was a cop.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 418
Posted: 10/30/2016 6:00:33 AM
I think they just want a "pat down." Cheap thrills, ya know ...
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 419
view profile
History
would guys date a rhino?
Posted: 10/30/2016 8:25:31 AM
^^^
What happened to your main picture from earlier today? Spit my coffee all over the keyboard laughing when I saw it. Rhinos in thongs are always the butt of jokes.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 420
would guys date a rhino?
Posted: 10/30/2016 8:36:32 AM
Got so many replies from my "lingerie shot," I'll be wading through them for WEEKS.
 Seki1949
Msg: 421
view profile
History
would guys date a rhino?
Posted: 10/30/2016 9:14:45 AM

Got so many replies from my "lingerie shot,"

Please repost for those of us who got up late.

On the main topic, I probably wouldn't date anyone in law enforcement. I'm not real proud of this.
 prime ribb
Msg: 422
would guys date a rhino?
Posted: 10/30/2016 11:20:12 AM
I met a couple of female cops that were cool that I would probably date short term. I notice how some female cops act when their male counterparts are around. There was one who approached me for a conversation at my job, but the minute her fellow troopers were around she clammed up and acted like she didn't know me or was interested.

Yeah, I get it. She wanted to keep her gameface up in front of co-workers but if that was the case she should've let me know upfront what the deal was and just slip me her phone number on the sneak.
 JS3344
Msg: 423
view profile
History
would guys date a rhino?
Posted: 10/30/2016 2:02:33 PM

Please repost for those of us who got up late.
- god that was so hawt!
 Maleman999
Msg: 424
Posted: 10/30/2016 2:58:15 PM
Would foreplay with a female cop involve using handcuffs?
 perspektiv
Msg: 425
Posted: 10/30/2016 3:34:59 PM

but the minute her fellow troopers were around she clammed up and acted like she didn't know me or was interested.

That's the issue with female cops.

I've seen so many have to come across as "tough as nails", or come across as weak. Something you do not want, in a male dominated environment. You have to command respect, as you won't be given any, otherwise.

Also, police forces in general, are notorious for adultery within the force. Possibly has a lot to do with the power tripping, but having so many in the force dating each other, or a 911 operator or the like, is very common.

I've yet to come across a female cop that came across as warm. They always came across as rigid, bossy and very b-tchy.
 south_city
Msg: 426
Posted: 10/31/2016 6:34:28 AM
I dated a woman in law enforcement. Not a cop though. The only major problem related to her job was her schedule. Sometimes she wasn't available that much because of the hours she worked. In general for the most part, I don't rule out women because of their job.
 gtomustang
Msg: 427
maybe if her looks were arresting
Posted: 10/31/2016 7:29:49 AM
A female friend of mine, who cops to spending much of her income on weed, sees a statie once a week. His schedule is also an issue, he's canceled once or twice to handle an accident scene. I wouldn't be all that interested in someone in a high stress position (like every else, I've heard the examples of straying) or with a chip on their shoulder, whether a cop or a brain surgeon. And there's that whole shot in the line of duty thing. The job won't be a turn-on for me, i'd rather "Win over" someone else. But I can't be choosy either, if some hottie wants me, well why say no. I just won't let her see how fast I normally drive :)
 Maleman999
Msg: 428
maybe if her looks were arresting
Posted: 10/31/2016 9:10:54 AM
"And there's that whole shot in the line of duty thing. The job won't be a turn-on for me..."

The opposite wouldn't be a turn-on for me either-having to shoot and kill someone in the line of duty. Especially if it's an unarmed person, which seems to be happening a lot. Asking a cop: "So how did your day go" can be tricky.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 429
view profile
History
maybe if HIS looks were arresting
Posted: 10/31/2016 9:29:09 AM
Depends on the the quality of the person.

I've dated two cops in the past. The first one was a complete gentleman and treated me well. We had too much of a problem with distance so we parted as friends.

The second cop was a complete nightmare. It only took a month before his "real personality" kicked in. He actually scared me.

Oh, and then there was my daughter's long-term boyfriend / fiance. He is on the police force for a local town and is probably one of the best guys I have ever met. Sadly that relationship did not work out but after 10 years he is still a good friend of mine and my daughter's father.

So, it's the quality of the person, and not the job.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 430
Posted: 10/31/2016 9:48:34 AM
" police forces in general , are notorious for adultery within the force "

I work in a jail and I constantly hear about correctional officers cheating on their spouses. Constantly.

As for dating a female cop ? I'll pass.

Anything can happen to anyone but I think the odds of it happening to a cop would be higher. I'd rather not go into a relationship knowing the stress is going to be even higher than usual.
 gtomustang
Msg: 431
off the cuff
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:31:53 AM
"...my daughter's long-term boyfriend / fiance....but after 10 years he is still a good friend of mine and my daughter's father."

>>>i'm trying to do the math here....

;)
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 432
view profile
History
off the cuff
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:41:46 AM

>>>i'm trying to do the math here....

Sorry, it made sense when I typed it... haha

Ten years ago my daughter was engaged to the cop. Then they broke up. My daughter has a father. Her father and I are still good friends with the cop. Capisce?
 gtomustang
Msg: 433
off the cuff
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:45:51 AM
yeah, I figured there was a good explanation..don't taze me bro :)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 434
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:52:18 AM

A Halloween female cop named Officer Frisky, yes.

"Anything you say can and will be held against you".

"Boobs!"

"Do you have anything in your pockets that will poke me?"

"Frisk me just right, and I will".
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >