Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
     
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 171
would guys date a female cop?Page 4 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
I wouldn't get the kleenex out just yet.

Our illustrious Chief of Police Bratton stuck his foot in his mouth today, as he called Lindsey Lohan a lesbian. It was probably one of his better interviews. I hear lesbians around the world are offended at being tossed into the bag with Lohen. That Bratton.....such a monument to compassion, understanding, and the LAPD way. Hooyah. And, the beat goes on.

But, hey, they're not all like that. Some of them are even lesbians, themselves.

Ok. Now, get the kleenex.

SD
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 173
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 7/31/2008 8:49:27 PM
Sigh....so, let me get this straight. If a man prefers not to date a female officer, he is a loser. That's rich.

SD
 JimtheToolman
Joined: 9/27/2007
Msg: 175
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 7/31/2008 9:25:52 PM
MSG: 346: livelovelaughh wrote: I am with you on this one. I am not a cop yet but planning for the career change. Most guys are really intimidated by it. It is a good way to weed out the losers and find the winners. If they are interested in dating you and accept you for who you are (and what you do is a part of that) then you have found one of the winners! Good luck girl!
LoL another one that considers everyone a loser thats not interested in dating her. I really don't understand why you think a guy is intimidated by "it". I'm not impressed. I grew up with a handful of guys that are now cops. I'm not stereotyping. This is the way they were back in grade school, junior high, and high school. One was a recluse and kept to himself and was certainly odd to be around or to try to have a conversation with. Two others were nothing but bullies and I don't mean the mild bullies. I'm talking the mean bullies that went around inflicting pain on younger and the smaller classmates and bullied on girls in grade school to where they made them cry. By the time they was in junior high the other guys in the class wouldn't let them punch around on the girls. The other one was a tattle tale from 1st grade on up and no one wanted anything to do with him because he was the classroom tattle tale. This isn't stereotyping, this is actual childhood memories. I could go on an on about the 4 or 5 other women associated with law enforcement years ago. It wasn't good during and after the split up. I said never again. I was a fool. I had affairs with 3 or 4 after the first one when I said never again.. They always told me ""Oh I'm not that way ! I'm not that way ! " Yes they was that way an totally vengeful..
So "liveloveBASH" I guess I'm a "loser"
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 176
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 7/31/2008 9:34:05 PM
When I see posts decrying men who won't date female officers, as "losers", I am reminded on another completely ridulous thing, which comes from those who feel so rejected.

It is said by men, when a woman won't date them, and is equally childish, defensive, immature, and ridiculous.

You guessed it....

"She must be a lesbian."

Two nuts...one sack.

SD
 JimtheToolman
Joined: 9/27/2007
Msg: 178
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 7/31/2008 10:14:08 PM

msg: 353: Beholder123 wrote:You all must SURELY realize by now how this is a lose lose argument right?
BASICALLY what it comes down to is this.....some people will date cops and some wont...
I agree Behold.


But this is what gets me. The ~OP~NYCBaseballchick started this thread and wonders why a "MAJORITY" of men are not interested in dating a female cop. Yes she posts that she will not date a cop either. Hummmmmm wonder why? Oh wait.. I forgot, I'm a loser, stupid, a boy, not a man, not intelligent and can't recall what other names I've been calling during this thread. Humm can anyone find where I called anyone in here names as a police officer? "NOPE" LoL Ok here's msg 21 below. Well so since she will not date a cop is she ___, ____, ____, _____, ? An a few other choice names since she will not date a cop either, even tho she is a cop? Oh and I can't forget. Losers like us will only date "BIMBOS" lol. I like bimbo's. They don't call me names unless it's honey,sugar,hun an things like that.

Msg: 21: ~OP~ NYCBaseballChick: wrote:The only reason why I wouldn't date another cop is because most of them are players. They are dating like 5 girls at the same time or are married with children and have a girl lover on the side. I know, I know you guys are probably gonaa say that you gonna find that everywhere, but trust me, it more common in men who work in law enforcement.
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 179
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 7/31/2008 10:27:00 PM
Gee....the female officer actually supported one of my assertions. Go figure.

By the way, I don't know about other departments, but I do know for a fact, that LAPD officers even have a special "code" for when they want to cheat on a spouse.

When an officer is going off duty, and doesn't want to go home to the wife or hubby, they stop by the front desk and tell the desk officer, "Put me out Code X." So, when the unsuspecting spouse realizes that it is way past time for their spouse to be home from work, and he/she calls the station looking for their spouse, they are told that their spouse is "on a stake out", or "booking a suspect", or at a "crime scene investigation", or still in the field, working overtime. Then, the desk officer simply calls or texts the cheating officer and gives them the cover story.

Eventually, when the unsuspecting spouse asks why the OT pay isn't showing up on the paycheck stub, or in the back account, they are told, "I didn't take it in pay. I booked it as "comp time". Rich, isn't it.

While it is true that many officers act with integrity and honor and courage, there are enough of them that are spineless cowards to ruin the image for the rest of them. Go figure.

SD
 JimtheToolman
Joined: 9/27/2007
Msg: 183
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 1:31:43 AM

msg: 359: 5150pdvolgirl wrote: It was me who called jim a boy. However, it was not because of his choice to not date women in law enforcement. It was souly based on his immature outbursts and name calling.
Volgirl where did you ever see me do any name calling in this intire thread? The only thing I've did in this intire thread is quote you and a few others calling us people thats not interested in dating you all kinds of names. Please post the msg#'s where I called anyone a name. I don't even know why your panties are in such a knot anyways. Your not even a cop. I'd also like you to post the msg #'s of any outburst if you can(you can't do it). If you go back in everyone of my posts an only read what I've typed not quoted there's not really even attitude showing. One thing for sure. I don't lie about nothing about what anyone says. I quote it. Lets see you backup what your saying in this quote of yours I'm posting in your next post.. Oh and good luck. I'm sure your going to get a weak feeling in your stomach when you can't quote it. Don't type it. lets see you post the msg #. This that I'm quoting from your msg:359 is just not true. Notice I address you by your name. I don't address you as in the manor you address me.

msg: 359: 5150pdvolgirl wrote: It was me who called jim a boy.
So who's having outbursts?
 scotlandforever
Joined: 1/19/2008
Msg: 186
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 9:00:48 AM
I don't think it should be a show stopper. I have dated a cop before and other than an added level of worry when she was working, things were totally like any other relationship that I have been in. I think it depends on the woman same way as if she is a nurse, teacher, bank clerk, attorney, unemployed etc. People are who they are and you date people, not their jobs.
 JimtheToolman
Joined: 9/27/2007
Msg: 188
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 9:31:18 AM
msg: 365: 5150pdvolgirl wrote:This so didnt make sense, as when I HAVE addressed you, Ive called you Jim.
I called your actions to threads boyish, not your dating choices.

msg: 359: 5150pdvolgirl wrote:It was me who called jim a boy. However, it was not because of his choice to not date women in law enforcement. It was souly based on his immature outbursts and name calling.
Didn't have to go back far to prove msg 365 wrong. An I'm still waiting(I'm sure others are too) for you to post some MSG numbers of mine to prove your telling the truth with what you stated in msg 359, sentence #3(It was souly based on his immature outbursts and name calling.)now on this next quote your bashing on Bigbrum
MSG;331;5150pdvolgirl wrote:Its quite pathetic and shows your insecurity quite well. My response about shrek and calling you out, that went over your head, since he didnt specifically name you,
Shrek most certainly was directing his post mainly to Bigbrum,anyone thats reading this thread knows that.Not only was he directing the bulk of his post directly at Bigbrum,but he went even farther finishing up his post by saying anyone that wouldn't date a female cop is basically a uncivilized, weirdo, an a wuss. I don't think anything in here indicates anything went over Bigbrums head as you stated in my last quote.If he wouldn't have responded to Shreks post then I might have thought so.Nothing went over his head.
msg;328;5150pdvolgirl wrote:As for you sizing up circ, does it make you feel like a big boy to downplay her looks? Can you bring any substance to a thread without spewing your obvious venom towards a persons outer appearance?
5150pdvolgirl, you are totally off track with in the quote above. No one has said there was anything wrong with Circe's looks.She's totally hot. Any man with eye's that work can see that. You talk about Bigbrum missing the boat. LoL You didn't only miss the boat Vol,, you missed the taxi ride to the boat. He was talking about how people judge by the color of your skin verses people judge people for being a cop or something along that line.
msg;309;5150pdvolgirl wrote;jimmy boy, get it strait,I called you a boy. you are a boy arent you?
LoL ok so 5150pdvolgirl now which is it? you said you was calling my actions boyish or what ever. So make up your mind lol now in this next one your kind of running down and belittling STRONG DAD,an I read his posting before this posting of yours I'm quoting and no where in there did I see where he said you didn't know what your talking about.Who's got the complex?
msg;297;5150pdvolgirl wrote:So, what you are saying is, because I am not sworn, I dont know what Im talking about.Seriously dude, youve got a complex! Your posts reak of bitterness because of your deadbeat ex cop wife.Throw away your bitterness dude. Unattractive.
I really didn't see any bitterness about Strongdads post. Someone asked why do we not want to date a cop. StongDad was asked and he simply tossed a reason or two out on the table.Just because he didn't say what you wanted to hear you come back saying he's bitter and has a complex.
msg;209;5150pdvolgirl wrote:Yes, I am sure the REST of the dept. did not know the every day goings on.
Who missed the ship? A great percentage of the police force had to testify in court and a small percentage is or has an all expences room an board stay at the crossbar motel. I think they should put them back behind the walls where a small percentage of the men/woman they put behind the walls wrongfully.Wonder if they would still be walking around with their noses in the air without their shinny badges,gun straped on, peper spray, and club and bullet proof vest an panic button to get 10 backups?
msg;286;5150pdvolgirl wrote:Just because I am non-sworn does not mean I dont know what goes on behind closed doors.
Oh My Gawd !!!!!!! Make up your mind. Later you said you didn't know everything that other fellow officers do. It's all to obvious you live by double standards. Just like when a cop is sitting on the thrown in a court room sworn in. Attorney asks them a question thats not going to look good if he/she answer truthfully. Their responce."I DON'T RECALL":"I DON'T RECALL": "I DON'T RECALL"What that translates to in my opinion is this.Everytime he says "I DON'T RECALL":what he should be saying is "I'M A LIAR" "I'M A LIAR"
msg;262;5150pdvolgirl wrote:ive had quite a few relationships with cops, and a few fireman. ive had a number of married cops hit on me, had an ex bf who was a cop and my first love, break my heart, dated a fireman who, i discovered, was noncomittal, and even officers in my dept. make some sexual comments,
oh my gawd and your still talking us down because were not real keen on dating a cop?
I've yet to call you a name but I most likely will have to by this final posting of mine. Basically all through this thread you will pop in saying so an so said something. An they didn't say it. I seen about 10 or more sendings of yours where you make your own speculation after someone's post and it's not worded anything or even anything meaningfully close to what you say. You full of chit. There is just no way of finishing out my final post on this thread with out doing some bashing on you. Your delusional. Your a liar. Your posts hold no water. People ask you to explain. You come back with something else as if you didn't read them asking you about your posting. You have no foot to stand on. Actually you remind me of a little yapping dog. The little Taco bell dog standing out in the street yapping yapping yapping. lol. Everybodies looking out their window wondering what that little taco bell dog is yapping at. The next day the little taco bell dog is once again yapping yapping yapping. Again people in their houses look out their windows an see you yapping and step out their doors and look and there's nothing there. Your still yapping. No one knows what the little Taco Bell dog is yapping about. Finally the next morning someone turns their little monkee loose and the Taco Bell dogs still a yapping. The little monkee runs up to the yapping Taco Bell dog. The monkey says: What are you yapping about? The Taco Bell dog blinks it's eyes and says. I don't know anymore.

Here let me finish my final post up with a posting from the OP (original poster):
msg;21;~OP~ wrote;The only reason why I wouldn't date another cop is because most of them are players. They are dating like 5 girls at the same time or are married with children and have a girl lover on the side. I know, I know you guys are probably gonaa say that you gonna find that everywhere, but trust me, it more common in men who work in law enforcement.
Good luck everyone.I'm board with this thread.See you in others.One more thing tho. Volgirl? You said in an earlier post you have been in Law Enforcement for over 10 years? Humm and your still simply a volenteer? LoL for some reason This Boy (me) has that little yappin Taco Bell Dog pop in my head LoL I love that little dog, he's a cute one. lol but so are you. I have a lot of work to do this afternoon and on through the weekend so I'm out of here an finished. BigBrummy will watch my back. I'm thinking BigBrum and StrongDad and myself has story after story we could tell for us no longer interested in dating a female cop. Now this is name calling here.. Lets see if the Little Taco Bell dog will yap after I post this.
MSG; 368;5150pdvolgirl wrote:He looks like he's in a lot better shape than you and eats a lot less doughnuts
Your a total controling person.
What a control freek
and both were liars.
most cops are stalkers
It only proves your bitter towards me.
Come on Volgirl. You simply typing more rubish out in your own words. An if someone posts a truthful statement then it's not bashing.It's stating a fact. Bigbrum is certainly with out a doubt in better shape than shek. Shek even has it listed in his profile (a few extra pounds) An in all his pictures is posed as to hide his weight problem. Please quote and put a msg# in there so people can go back and read in their full contint(like I do). An me telling about me growing up in grade school, Junior high, High school about growing up with 5 kids and discribing what they were like is not bashing. Its discribing how they were and how they treated people. Now please put the MSG # on there before I come spank ya .LoL You'd probly like it lol.
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 190
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 10:51:45 AM
Training Day comes to mind. So does Rafael Perez. So does David Mack. I could go on.
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 191
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 11:33:28 AM
Yes, sweeping generalizations about the men who prefer not to date female officers are counter-productive.

I agree.
 Javan2
Joined: 7/9/2005
Msg: 193
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 12:17:42 PM
Knowing that it was only a fling and nothing more serious, yes. I would date as a temporary venture. But I would not take the relationship further than that. If it got serious, we'd have to break-up or she'd have to quit her job. I would not put up with having to worry about you every second that you are at work. I ain't doing it.
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 194
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 1:55:58 PM
I remembered Training Day, because it was filmed in my neighborhood, where I lived at the time. (The Crenshaw District, which some mistakenly refer to as South L.A.). And, because I like Denzel flicks. I made no reference to it based on female officers portrayed in it.....just police officers in general. The corruption in that movie really isn't inaccurate in its depiction of MUCH of the history of the LAPD over many, many years. Of course, it does not reflect every officer, either. And, yes, Hollywood liberals make a lot of movies that depict police officers as idiots. That isn't likely to ever change. Hollywood liberals are elitists.

I can't speak for any other men who decline dating female officers, but my own decision is based on an educated, informed, and experienced view.

As I said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and then expecting different results." There is a reason for the extraordinarily high divorce rates amongst those in law enforcement. Some may choose to ignore it and take the risks. I simply won't.

This is not to say there aren't some exceptional women in that job. It is just that, when or if it goes badly, it goes really bad, when the spouse is a cop. I know very few who can avoid the temptation not to abuse their position when they are in an extremely elevated and heated personal conflict with a spouse who is leaving them and taking the kids and money away. Not that they don't exist, who could behave themselves....but, just sayin....the temptation to abuse that badge is huge under such circumstances.

And, I know a LOT of officers. Most of them good people, but even some of them, I would not be surprised to see them pull out the dirty cop tricks, tossing their badge around to get the upper hand. I have seen this happen too many times amongst friends, as well as in my own experience.

In the end, we all have preferences and deal breakers on our list.

SD
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 200
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 7:25:26 PM
Vyp hit the nail on the head. The potential for being with someone who could abuse her power isnt worth the risk. Better to date a woman of another profession.

In answer to the question, how would she go about abusing her power.....are you kidding me??? I outlined all that many posts ago. Allow me to summerize it, yet again....

IF there is a domestic abuse situation, where the officer is the abuser (and research shows they are just as likely to abuse as anyone else...some research shows they abuse even more...they certainly dont abuse any less than anyone, although some would like to pretend thats the case), the offended, non police spouse calls the police. As the police car pulls up, the abuser/police officer slaps herself in the face a couple times, leaving her face reddened. Then, runs out to arriving officers, weilding her BADGE. Take a wild azz guess at who is going to jail. It has happened before.

Here is another example of abuse of power, in a personal romantic relationship. A female officer my ex worked with was dating someone. She went and pulled a background check on him, then confronted him with his criminal record. Of course, the relationship was dead. So was her career. He and his bank account are doing well, and living happily ever after, thanks to the taxpayers of Los Angeles.

Want more?

SD
 bigshrek
Joined: 11/15/2007
Msg: 201
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 8:07:40 PM
For msg 389-

In the Sean Bell shooting, it took 49 to kill THREE men inside a car. If you've ever shot at a car with a 9mm, you will find that the 9mm lacks penetration through anything other than a window...or a Kia. Now the new .357 SIG that Federal officers are starting to carry, THAT will penetrate even a Semi-Truck's door. Blame it on the lousy stopping power of the 9mm vs cars and even humans. I could proffer a case where several officers shot a large man (on HEAVY drugs) over 30 times (including two headshots) with 9mm's and he was STILL charging them while trying to reload his weapon until a nice officer with a rifle put two in his head.

Even Wikipedia's rather spotty coverage of the incident turned up a witness who said the Cops yelled "Police, Police" before opening fire on the car that tried to run them over. And the officers were found Not Guilty by a NY jury...who are notorious for anti-cop sentiment.

The Sean bell case is not one you want to use as an example for anything other than "Do as the nice officer says and don't try to run them over, for they will shoot you and be justified in that."
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 202
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/1/2008 8:24:54 PM
I agree with shrek here......Sean Bell was no choir boy. Trying to run me over will also get you shot. Once that happens, you are bought and paid for.

By the way, Rodney King also deserved the beat down he got. So, thats not a good case to bring up, if you are trying to make a cop look badly, either. The world saw the same 11 seconds of tape, looped over and over ad nauseum. I actually saw the entire tape. I would have smacked him down, myself. And, I know some officers who were there. I know one officer who rolled up as it was all over with and even he had to go get an attorney and take a second out on his home, just to defend himself to false accusations brought on by the political correctness crowds. And, this was just because he was there. The witch hunt was enourmous.

Ridiculous.

SD
 voxy
Joined: 5/8/2005
Msg: 210
view profile
History
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 12:19:07 PM
I wouldn't mind at all dating a woman that is a police officer ,think it would make things intresting. some thing about a woman in a uniform
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 211
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 12:38:26 PM
When a supposed police officer cannot control herself in something as benign as an internet forum, I have to wonder how easily she lets her emotions run haywire in the field.

Let's be clear about something. One does not need to have a badge to understand characteristics of police officers, behavior or them, policies, etc. That is why we have a civilian review board, at least in Los Angeles. I could see it now, if circe were to be brought up before them on charges. "You don't know what you're talking about. You people don't have badges!"

I suppose that would be the response to the Mayor, the City Council, the media, or any other citizen who pays her salary.


Funny stuff.
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 212
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 12:39:11 PM
When a supposed police officer cannot control herself in something as benign as an internet forum, I have to wonder how easily she lets her emotions run haywire in the field.

Let's be clear about something. One does not need to have a badge to understand characteristics of police officers, behavior or them, policies, etc. That is why we have a civilian review board, at least in Los Angeles. I could see it now, if circe were to be brought up before them on charges. "You don't know what you're talking about. You people don't have badges!"

I suppose that would be the response to the Mayor, the City Council, the media, or any other citizen who pays her salary.


Funny stuff.
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 216
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 1:32:01 PM
LOL. The OP is, would guys date a cop. When I answered no, I would not, I listed many reasons for why I would not. Of course, I use my own experience for formulating my decisions in life. Anyone who doesn't may be a lemming. This doesn't mean I am bitter. It just makes me sure of myself....but...thank you, Doctor Beholden, for the free, qualified, diagnosis.

LOL. So many internet heroes and doctors out here.

SD
 JimtheToolman
Joined: 9/27/2007
Msg: 217
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:48:17 PM

morethanyouthink wrote: if you have a job and arent a sponge any profession other than being a prostitute or stripper is fine with me

I would rather marry a stripper than date a cop.
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 219
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 5:37:16 PM
LOL. The qualifications???? G.E.D. There are the qualifications for most police departments. 20 1/2 years old, a pulse, and a GED.

Too funny. But, thanks for confirming my suspicions about your outlook on CRB's. I know a lot more about the profession than you care to admit. Especially within the LAPD. And, it isn't because of who I dated.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Joined: 5/31/2007
Msg: 221
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 5:48:43 PM
Well I tried once. But she got angry after our first phone call. She was extremely pissed off about my dad picking up the phone. And saw it as a sign of immaturity that I still live with my parents t the age of 27. She is 36 and has a career. I'm 27 and still in college. I live in the good part of rockland county, ny where the average household income is $78K a year. and she lives in a not so good part. She moved out when she was 18 years old. Ok I could do that and be poor and live in a dangerous area in a 1 room crappy aprtment where people get stabbed for stepping on someone's shoes. but who wants that. Its better to save up get a job and get a nice condo or a house. I guess we came from differnt worls. I the white collar and she the blue collar. Police are a fraternity and mostly only want to date other cops. I would date a cop as long as she were not a jerk.
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 222
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 5:53:03 PM
Don't get defensive folks. This is not a good trait for a police officer to have. You think I am being mean.....lol.....wait until those bad guys tear into you!

Whew!

The personal attacks in this forum are funny as hell, coming from people who claim to be police officers, and who should show more restraint. Although, I do find it amusing.

SD
 Strongdad
Joined: 6/9/2007
Msg: 225
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/2/2008 6:55:55 PM
How interesting, the last post reminded me that the OP is "would guys date a female cop", then went on a rant about me, personally. It was I who addressed the OP and was attacked by just a couple of folks who didn't like my reasons.

Therapy? Indeed.

"Just the fact, maam."

SD
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >