Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tas70
Msg: 302
would guys date a female cop?Page 6 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
Yes, I would date a female cop. My father was a cop for 36yrs and loved his job. I work at the police department as a maintenance man and love my job. Police are just like everyone else, they have the same issues as anyone else in an other profession. Most cops male\female are honest hard working people. The problem is, police are the only people who can take your freedom ( by arresting you). Because of this, many people do not like police officers. People make assumptions about cops with out really knowing exactly how or why they do their jobs. I think being a police officer is a noble job and would have no problem dating a female cop.
 degostyle
Msg: 304
would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 8/26/2008 12:11:40 PM
The biggest misconception is cops are a-holes or you should avoid cops but if people would just use thier heads they would realize that cops are just like anyone of us walking down the street when that uniform is off. They have a job to do just like the rest of us. Women cops get the least respect because there are guys..and yes its definently more guys that do this...that think that because its a female cop, that you can get away with more stuff and you can out run her and such but she is just like the rest of the force and should be respected as such. Women that are cops are no different than any of the women we try to meet on here so they shouldnt be treated any differently than we would treat any other female. Its a shame.
 blondago56
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 7:53:22 PM
i have read through alot of these prior posts, and while i can't speak for/as a 'guy'... i have dated (one for a few months, a former law enforcement officer~P.D.) and (one Long-Term, a CHP Officer) one had issues stemming from trust/past experiences/&getting hurt again..and couldn't/can't seem to make up his mind about a relationship...and the other, well, his ex-wife wouldn't ease out of the picture and he didn't have the huevitos to TELL her to... but generally speaking, i have no qualms about dating Law Enforcement personnel, as long as they don't go into head trips,...though it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for them 'Not to bring it home'...they need to vent, and to let a LITTLE bit of the guard down at home, but alas, a cop will always act like one and think like one, and i understand that... (i work for The State and we have them in & out of Our Office alot)... peace...
 JimtheToolman
Msg: 307
Posted: 8/26/2008 11:32:12 PM
MESSAGE # 1 Posted By: nycbaseballchick on 7/12/2008 12;59;26 PM
Subject: would guys date a female cop?
Message: When I meet a guy whether its at a bar, party or any where else and I talk to him everything is cool until we get to the part of what I do for a living. I tell him and either he's not into me anymore because he doesn't date cops or he thinks its an automatic "yeah so your gonna use those handcuffs on me tonight?" and its not even joking around..im not into the one night stands and I would really want to meet a guy who is interested in getting to know me and not automatically make an assumption of me base on my career.
Nope I wouldn't date a female cop. Been there done that been stalked, harrassed, picked on by their co-works. Tick one off and they all come out of the woodwork.This thread proves it.
(note) check msg 21 the original poster of this thread is a cop but will not even date a cop.

MSG: 21: NYCBaseballChick wrote:
The only reason why I wouldn't date another cop is because most of them are players. They are dating like 5 girls at the same time or are married with children and have a girl lover on the side. I know, I know you guys are probably gonaa say that you gonna find that everywhere, but trust me, it more common in men who work in law enforcement.
(note) I did not bash a single cop. I stated a fact from past experience. Some people are vengeful. One never knows who is going to be the vengeful X girl/boyfriend. Kind of reminds me of this story. If you was going to get bit by a dog then which dog would you want to get bit by? German Police Dog? Or a Toy Poodle? So why chance it. I'd rather split up with a vengeful woman that was a secretary than a police officer. The secretary might spread rumors and talk you down behind your back. But she doesn't have the power to arrest you or have her co-workers arrest you or write you a ticket for your tag light not working or worse.
Where's the original poster at of this thread? I hope she doesn't lose her job for stating her observations of her fellow co-workers. She seems like a good one. Atleast she's not joining in on the bashing with the rest of you.
PS: I can't resist. I have to paist this one more time. LOL Remember the original poster is a cop and posted this from her own observation. LoL

MSG: 21: NYCBaseballChick wrote:
The only reason why I wouldn't date another cop is because most of them are players. They are dating like 5 girls at the same time or are married with children and have a girl lover on the side. I know, I know you guys are probably gonaa say that you gonna find that everywhere, but trust me, it more common in men who work in law enforcement.

Yes I would say there is atleast one honest cop in here. LoL There is atleast one cop that posted in here thats not a bully.
 misszmsz
Msg: 309
Posted: 8/27/2008 3:19:30 PM
you are a cute chick, so you are just meeting the wrong type of guys. And by the way there are few and far between really interested in getting to know you before they want you to handcuff them. Next time the standard response comes out, just reply with why are you going to break the law?
 gtomustang
Msg: 311
Posted: 8/28/2008 12:48:47 PM
and the Brit term "bobby" comes from Sir Robert.

As for the poster who claims peelers, bobbies, and coppers do not carry their attitude into their job...why does she keep coming back to target specific posters?

She doesn't look attractive at all with this behavior, regardless of her occupation :)

If someone chooses not to date a certain person, b/c that person or type of person makes them feel uncomfortable...what is the BFD? Most women wouldn't date a child molester, apparently holding his catagorization against him. and for good reason.
 Vonstallin
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 4:51:08 PM
I would give my left ball to date a female cop...I think i like the power thingy...
Id tell her to take the knight stick to me for being a naughty boy
 Vonstallin
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 9:27:16 PM
LOL,
No, Ill keep my parts haa haaa just like the idea of a assertive female.
 JimtheToolman
Msg: 324
Posted: 9/3/2008 7:59:20 PM
I was a little bit curious so I have to ask this . Would any of you Women of the law want to date me?
 YeahHonestly
Msg: 325
Posted: 9/4/2008 12:20:04 PM
Being in law enforcement I would totally date a female officer. I wouldn't have to worry about my crazy schedules and I would have a sparring partner lol But I wouldn't date someone I work with, so a different department would be okay.
Posted: 9/4/2008 2:29:10 PM
Hell yeah I would date a female cop. It wouldn't be my preferred occupation for her due to the danger but...sure. I would date a female crab fisherman as long as I liked her.
 Willsniffurundies
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:06:57 PM
To answer the question--YES--I would date a female cop. . .providing I could protect myself from any sort of retaliation should I break it off with her. I don't need a bunch of cops paying extra attention to ME just because YOU--the lady cop--got pised at me and we broke up.
That is all I need is a bunch of dumbass cops trying to get me on every little technicality just so they can try to score big brother or potentialpoints with you.
(Yes, it is a given this would not include ALL cops EVERYWHERE. I am simply making a point.)
I LIKE the lady cops I see on a regular basis. Most of them already have men though so I do not know what YOUR problem is. . .no offense. Maybe you run into a lot of guys who smoke pot or do some other illegal substance on a regular basis.
YES. I am going to make the handcuff jokes--deal with it--occupational hazard--BUT I personally know that B&D is NOT a typical first or second date activity.
Personally, I have nothing to hide. . .and I am told that your employers do not allow you to or at least frown upon you dating anyone with a record.
Come out to California! I will go out with you! I MIGHT even eventually let you use your nightstick on me. . .IF you don't tell anyone AND let me use MINE on YOU first!
 Willsniffurundies
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:31:16 PM
Now Firegirl. . .
WHY would you take a shot at ME when i wasn ot even speaking to YOU!?
Is that nice?
I was just kidding the poster anyway.
People who actually take the trouble to get to know me or at least READ my profile KNOW a sense of humor--a real one-- not one that just comes and goes and/or has "limits" is essential to me!
WOmen who have already DATED me also know my humorous and sometime (half-)witty cooments are only the second best us my tongue has!
Disneyland? hell, I can make a lady feel like her body is a wonderland!
Things can be much more fun when we treat our bodies as amusement parks NOT temples!. . .NOT that I am opposed to a bit of "worshipping". . .foot, ass, etc!
I didn't mean to get you all not under the collar!
 caesar0002
Msg: 331
Posted: 9/11/2008 4:58:43 AM
i would date one.
 caesar0002
Msg: 333
Posted: 9/12/2008 2:31:17 AM
the nightstick sounded gay to me. But I was hurasses by a female cop because I moved my rear view mirror when she was blinding me with her lights. She was staring at me like she wanted to fight and was a witch. She made a computer mistake and called me a liar and was getting verbally abusive. Then I seen why. She had a male cop in a care parked a half a block away watching her. I pointed it out and laughed at her and said now I know why your acting like that. She was pissed but more pissed she did the computer wrong and I smiled and left. My feelings are she had something to prove and shouldnt of even been a cop. And yes I did nothing wrong to get pulled over. Maybe she was cheated on that day by a guy who looked like me.

all LEOs know never be phony. That is a good one. I know a few non phony ones and I also know ones that shouldnt even have the job they are so bad. Read the papers for yourself.
 caesar0002
Msg: 335
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:13:19 AM
i got pulled over because the sticker on my plate was expired. I had it at home but just never put it on the license plate. I will google pegging and see. I did pull over imediatly. She made an error somehow and thought my car was stolen or something like that. It was a while ago. The point being she said I was a liar about the car and was using her position to try to intimidate me like I would be scared of her. I wish I had a camcorder hidden in my car for that. They could of made a police training video of what not to do when you pull someone over.
 Baddoff
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:02:30 AM
Hmmm, well lets be fair the answer is yes. Some guys wouldnt but then some guys wouldnt date a librarian, a stripper etc etc its all about personal choice. But lets be honest, those who base who they wouldnt date on job title are the same prejudiced pricks who wouldnt date a black woman or an asian woman. Im not going to get into this too deeply but lets think about this, what type of man wouldnt date a cop? All thats springs to mind is those of the criminal persuasion or those that are threatened by a strong woman. So the question is, not would men date female cops, but why do you seem to be attracted to blokes who wouldnt, when there is shit loads of men who would. . . . . Or i could be talking a load of bollocks! :)
 bigshrek
Msg: 339
Posted: 9/14/2008 8:24:43 AM
Kenny, you sound like someone from the backwoods of West Virginia...oh wait, YOU ARE!!

That explains everything. NEXT!

blondago56
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:53:48 AM
^^^kenny, that was not nice at all,..you are entitled to your 'opinion' , as much as it is, here on The Pond, but to call the op 'ugly' was totally out of line She is from NY, she's an accomplished person, she's a cute girl, and she's my Forum- sister,..so back the heck off,dude....
 Willsniffurundies
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 1:16:25 PM
Okay, I usually get PAID to write.
I am NOT getting paid now.
I also know it is best to let women have the last word.
However, having said that I STILL feel the need to clarify for firegurl.
I have a real sense of humor.
Yes, the nightstick remark could have been seen by some as "tacky" or"gay" or anything else depending on the perceptions of the reader.
However, since my post was addressed to a woman and a cop it did not seem totally inappropriate.
Yes. Everyone has an opinion. (You know what they say about opinions, don't you. . .?) However, my posting was intended for ONE person. . .and not you. So you have no need to feel cheap. I say "you" because no one else misread my posting as a specific attack on women in general.
I am not trying to convince anyone about my carnival ride. I was simply having fun online during one of the rare moments when I am not out on a date or working. If I had to convince women about my "ride" i would have more time to discuss this further with you and would certainly do so in a much more timely fashion!
Yes. I meant to type HOT. Look up the word 'entitled". (I won't go into it here. A typo is one thing. . .incorrect use is another.)
Since you really do not know me personally it does not truly bother me that you presently would not come all the way to California for me. I did not ask you to and NO one bats a thousand.
I was not shaming you for your opinion. I just did not really ask you or anyone else to comment on my response to the original poster. Since you directed your comments at ME i took it personally; that's all.
No big deal. I hope that clarifies things.
Gotta go. . .got a date!
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 5:36:43 PM
Heck I had a fiance dump me for a female cop.. I think he thought she could protect him from his crazy ex wife.. I dunno!!! But I know about the drama thing and I think that ex of mine was into drama.
 bigshrek
Msg: 353
Posted: 9/17/2008 5:47:06 PM
Kenny's old West Virginia backwoods...you can't change how he feels anymore than you can change how wimpy Kalifornians feel about guns with more than 10 bullet capability. You can take the redneck outta the outhouse...but you can't teach 'em how to use a bidet !!

Funny, in Kalifornia they voted in a Governor who was most famous for using full-auto weaponry & assault shotguns...hrm...go figure.

The way Beholder looks...I can't imagine her going dateless for very long...but then again, she IS in Connecticut...horrible icy cold place.
 Willsniffurundies
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:18:40 PM
Sometimes I just have to do the pro bono thing because i am amazed at what I read!
Perhaps it is just ME but when someone posts a question I think my response is MEANT for the original poster AND that once the original question is answered that is the end of the "forum".
When i get paid to write I address a specific subject within so many words directed at a specific audience.
yet I am slowly learning that many people here just go off on wild, broad tangents and often stray from the original point.
For example, a few of you ladies are responding to that one writer who was a bit insulting (in your minds) to the original poster.
Some of you went off on a tanget about specific jobs. . .i.e. firegurl and her job.
Then there were those of us who picked on others because they were too busy to use spellcheck--if it even available here on this site. . .)
(NOTE: it was all I could do to not explain the difference between fact and sometimes fictious bragging. It was all I could do NOT to list the actual defintion of such words as "hero" and "job" and explain the relationship between getting a paycheck/being employed and doing something simply because it is the right thing to do/NOT getting a paycheck to another poster. Hint: my father is a VOLUNTEER fireman. he works and THEN when called he goes out and risks his neck for the sake of others NOT for a paycheck but because it is the right thing to do. In fact, a large number of firemen are volunteers. If you INSIST on using the term "hero" you use it in this case!)
NOW I apologize for being almost as guilty as some others here-lol! can I get away with just asking everyone to answer the question and then move on to other questions on this site?
I am beginning to understand WHY they limit the number of multiple postings here.
Wow. . .
 rdcnorm
Msg: 357
Posted: 9/19/2008 3:58:06 PM
Isn't this why they call it a t forum,, so people can interact,, positive or negative,, that is part of what POF is all about,,

OT,, I would date any woman no matter what her profession,, makes no difference,, as long as we click as a couple.. as a contractor,, we sometimes are viewed as we drink to much.. lazy, ,women chasers ,, bad boy types,, etc,, every profession has it bad seed,,

Me,, I'm dating the person not their profession...and all professions have an affect on our daily lives,, and couples who have good communication skills ,, should and can work through most issues,, depending on how committed you are to each other,, but my friends say,, O the world according to Norm...
 oddandy
Msg: 366
Posted: 9/22/2008 1:35:46 PM
Is it true that cops have all the best dope?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >