Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Urbanessa
Msg: 107
Why do Babes dig ugly guys?Page 3 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)

rockchick 24/7 wrote:
Agree Metal Vixen.

Plus, in my experience, very good looking guys know they are, and as a result are are vain, conceited and have a complete inability to laugh at themselves.

Maybe the ugly guy made her feel like the most wonderful woman in the world, maybe he made her laugh, maybe he was HOT in bed. Who knows! It's not your place to judge whether someone should find another person hot or not.

Just sounds like sour grapes to me OP.

Rockchick nailed it.

It's the personality that makes the person.

Besides, good looks will fade over time, OP, while arrogance, self-righteousness, vanity or stupidity will never go away ...

On a slightly different note: I find you pretty judgemental, OP, for a someone claiming in their profile not to be liking judgemental people...
 celts123
Msg: 109
Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:03:43 PM
I think that contrast says volumes about the visual difference between the genders..

Not withstanding kevinmach's theory that it matters as much to women as it does to men, or in the same way, I think just on this thread ( and I've seen it other places) , that proves not to be true.

I have seen plenty of evidence that proves women generally care about looks just as much as men do. For example, women generally care more about height than men do. Many women will not date a man under a certain height.

Firstly I would suggest watching a film called Shallow Hal for educational purposes. Secondly for you and all the other men who seem to think women are just as shallow and couldnt possibly be attracted to a guy without physical attributes ...I have met a few men who are not considered much to look at, and even I wonder what it is about them that does it for me at least visually, but you know what? I stop damn well asking cos frankly the fact that they make my knees tremble and my head spin and cause me to forget my own name is good enough for me!

Plenty of men would date a woman that is a few pounds overweight, average looking or even slightly below average looking because of her personality. However most people from both genders would not date a person that is morbidly obese ( like the woman in Shallow Hall ) or any person that they think is ugly. As I stated in a previous post, the primary difference between the genders is that some women would date an ugly man because he is rich.
 heartsvertigo
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:09:51 PM
If babes really did "dig ugly guys", I wouldn't be on this site. I'd just go out and find a babe!
 smileee4u
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:14:20 PM
Because they met them first....before they met you.
 Vannili
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:19:36 PM
If the UGLY GUY has dignity, and a good character ,and he loves and cherish me, will date that Ugly guy any time,I will even marry him.
 TxTinCup
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:25:36 PM
Physically beautiful women date us ugly guys because they know it drives you pretty boys crazy. I knew I was just being used....
 xeot
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:08:47 PM

Maybe that "ugly" guy had a great personality, and the woman was able to see past his looks.

That would mean she didn't just do a summary dismissal out of the gate. That's what is really unlikely. And that's not just for the pretty women IME.
 Dceeeee
Msg: 126
Posted: 7/15/2008 10:29:47 PM
This is mostly directed at 'Ol' Thunder' and I'm going to answer as though I had never set eyes on you before....know nothing about you....but I DO know the woman you are refering to....and Zangie, it's true that he never mentioned the personality....perhaps you are right....it meant nothing to him....but it doesn't mean that she had none and I think he'll agree with that, too. She had MANY friends who could attest to that.

I still want to know why some real foxes wasted their time with me!
My last relationship...a beautiful, wonderful lady...had so many opportunities, but she chose me.
We had interests in common..she used to tell me that I was "cute"...
Since our breakup, she has been back here, too.....and seems to be having a lot of good luck, (as she should)...

Makes me wonder how a gal, so attractive that she can gather so many "favorites" here, would ever have been in a serious relationshp with this ol' fart. She could have her pick...but,.... me? Something ain't right here.
Which brings us back again, to the original question...why does a good-looking gal date a loser?

(I believe she didn't just say you were 'cute'....it was more along the lines of, "WOW! No matter where we go, you are the best looking man in the room")

Regardless, it's hard to believe that you never believed it....yet you don't mind putting up all 8 pics, even though they aren't required.

I used to be heavier, and was very embarrassed and had low self esteem as a result. I had a hard time putting up ONE pic, because I couldn't find any that I felt were decent enough to attract anyone who couldn't see me for my personality....and a lot of guys my age seemed to be looking for 'Barbie's'.

Another thing that guys fail to realize, is that favorites mean little when it comes to getting dates. Many favorites are friends accumulated over time..... some are forum junkies who like those who post in similiar forums, so they can go down their favs profiles to find fun forums to post on..... some are guyfriends who maybe would be more if there wasn't the distance factor, or something else that prevents them from relocating....some may even be in another country...and some are in happy relationships of their own! Don't believe it? Read some of their testimonials and then check the locations....just for the heck of it!

What could make you a loser? Maybe the fact that you expect PERFECTION out of YOURSELF....and out of HER, even though you ADMIT to not being perfect yourself? NO ONE IS PERFECT...and you can chase it till the day you die, if you don't mind being miserable the rest of your life.

I'll tell you all MY story....in the first place, I'm not a babe, so of course I'm not being refered to here....but....as a general woman, I have dated some good looking men....some not so, although there was always something 'cute' about him to me....whether it was the twinkle in his eye, the cute way he walked, the way he smiled, his accent....the list goes on and on. (Sometimes the simplest things can make me melt and get tongue-tied.) I have NEVER 'picked a man based on his looks only'.

Grandma Booboo, I knew a girl who was married to a real hunk who was also well built. She told me that they had a full length mirror in the bedroom...for him. Every morning when he got up, he'd flex in the mirror, exercise, eat something healthy, work out at the gym, and flex in front of the mirror some more before going to bed. Needless to say, they divorced....I believe she was lonely.

I want a man who will be with me till the day I die....as I will be with him....regardless if the looks fade.....regardless if the weight goes up or down....regardless of whether one of us gets too sick to go it alone....and at my age, life is a gamble. He'd better have the humor and personality to get us through the times when God is playing his jokes on us.....

~DC~
 cooldude
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/15/2008 11:11:12 PM

the older I get, the more I see how brutal the world is. people are mean, selfish, and I dont beleive that people will forgo a persons looks cause they are so great. no way, maybe one in a million, but no, its not common, poeple are just not that kind, especially attractive people, its been pointed out in this thread a few times. my 5 year boy is good looking, and I thank GOD every day, cause good looking people DO have it easier in life. people that are not seen as attractive have it harder in our society, that is true!!! especially for women! in fact, such a couple (ugly & attractive) would probably have to overcome the same kind of racism, as say a black/white couple for example, so there is also this to overcome. so you want to bash me, go ahead, but you cant deny that people are treated differently based on their looks

The truth finally comes out. Only superficial people really worry about this.
 giggleparts
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/16/2008 1:25:47 AM
A rose is beautiful and yet dastardly in its prick.

A river runs with a slow beauty, yet carves and wears away the earth and carries away the careless.

A mirage is the fate of the weary and lost... they see hope and die in its outstretched arms.

The brightest colored in nature tend to be the deadliest to touch... to eat... Even the seeds of apples are poison, if given the right chance.

Who the hell are you to say what is right or wrong? What is justified? What makes sense?

You are a drop of dirty water in a cistern of spent yesterdays.

Maybe someday, when you have been reborn in the sky and come back down to earth again and find yourself winding through the marsh of a lifetime's remembrances... you will be pure, once more. But, until then, you're just some douche that was standing outside a blockbuster with one hand in his pants and the other holding an ego the size of Atlas's burden.

Oh, I know you don't think you're a bad guy... I'm sure you pet puppies and give to the salvation army's red-suited guilt machine.... but, that's just because the alternative would be unthinkable.

But, hey look at the bright side... I'm sure you're a blast at parties.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 3:44:09 AM

Grandma Booboo, I knew a girl who was married to a real hunk who was also well built. She told me that they had a full length mirror in the bedroom...for him. Every morning when he got up, he'd flex in the mirror, exercise, eat something healthy, work out at the gym, and flex in front of the mirror some more before going to bed. Needless to say, they divorced....I believe she was lonely.
They're called "narcissists".....and they are MISERABLE to be around.
Having been (in my younger days) considered what most would have called a "hot babe", I attracted plenty of them...LOL! but I could never work up much attraction for them. They just were NOT "fun". I did however always find that the more I came to like and enjoy the company of an average looking guy...the more handsome he would become to me....and I'd wonder why I hadn't seen it from the beginning.

None the less, judging people on their looks is a shallow characteristic....and it is such whether we judge them as too ugly to date....or too gorgeous to date. (Guilty on the latter). Though I can tell myself on an intellectual level that I'm judging unfairly (the very attractive person), the fact remains that I believe that at some level....most people associate the degree of "niceness" a person is with the corresponding degree of "attractiveness". It's wrong to do so and we're frequently made to "eat our theories" when we run into "ugly people" who are ugly through and through because they're as bitter about their lack of good looks as is the pretty on the outside but very ugly inside people are. Likewise, there are people who are beautiful inside and out, and we fail to recognize it because something in the back of our minds tells us that someone that attractive could not possibly be nice and of good character.

He'd better have the humor and personality to get us through the times when God is playing his jokes on us.....
I quite agree. I always considered that my physical looks didn't really "belong" to me...personally. The were a result of genetics...something that I had absolutely nothing to do with...and therefore no real right to have "pride" in. It's the personality, sense of humor, intellect and character that we DO have control over that SHOULD be the source of our individual self esteems. Those are the only things that we can truly call "our own", that we are in control of, and that we have the power to change.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 133
Posted: 7/16/2008 5:01:23 AM
Look do matter to me, and I do not think it is shallow. It is not the only thing I look for.

Physical attraction is very important. If my opinion of attractive disagree to yours, is not relevent.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 138
Posted: 7/16/2008 6:34:38 AM
OP -- I don't know where you get your ideas.

Soceity won't forgive unattractiveness? They don't get ahead? How does that explain Bill Gates? Henry Kissinger? Madelyn Albright? Alan Greenspan? Albright is divorced, but Kissinger and Gates have had happy, life-long marriages. Alan Greenspan is married to a woman who most would think is much more attractive (Andrea Mitchell) and much, much richer than he is. In fact, how do you explain John and Cindy McCain? She's 18 years younger, very beautiful, and much, much wealthier than he is. By your "reality" none of these people would have gotten ahead, much less married, or married to richer more attractive mates. You like to deal in stereotypes, but people aren't cartoons.

You know, I've never once whispered "ugghh, why is she with him?" (or vice versa). I don't wonder about other peoples' choice in a mate.

Love may not be strong for you, but it IS that strong if you know how to choose.

And some of us here, aren't looking (in answer to the statement if you're here, then love didn't last for you either -- misspellings corrected). In fact, the only reason I ever dated again after being married is because both of my husbands DIED. I am now happily ensconsed in a relationship.

No, I can't see your point, because the people on this earth who have that point of view are totally banal -- without insight of any kind. I can't relate to people who cling to faulty logic. You assume because you are very superficial that other people are also. It isn't so -- some are, but most aren't.
 ladydemon
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 6:38:18 AM

But, can anyone see my point here? INTELLIGENTLY??

yes I can and so can many others here, the problem I think you will find is that you have already decided what is and so cannot listen to anything any of us are trying to tell you!

as for trying to explain your judgemental attitude on page four or whatever....no you didnt you used a half assed attempt to excuse your own bigotry by declaring its what society does, which I believe I mentioned in my first post as an idiot male trick of allowing himself to be blatently shallow.

YOU are obsessed with looks
YOU are judging people based on nothing else
YOU not listening to what we are trying to tell you
YOU are the only one who fails to understand this

I am now sick of wasting my breath trying to answer a query that you have already decided upon!
 cotter
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 6:43:10 AM

Wow ... I didn't know they did.

I guess it's not up to us to decide if we like the looks of a man. If other men think he's ugly then we have to think the same?

While it's true the looks of any man I might get together with must appeal to me ... I had no idea that if a lady is considered "good-looking" then she MUST date an equally "good-looking" man?

Wow ... what a concept.
 Lily0923
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 6:52:59 AM
Selectchoice- I'd kiss you square on the mouth if I could.... You are exactly right, and I kind of explained that in my previous post.

No, I don't date ugly men, BUT what I find attractive and what another woman may find attractive are certainly 2 different things, AND if I find a man's personality to be attractive, somehow amazingly his physical becomes so much more attractive.

I dated a man who by "socital" terms was "ugly" but what he did for me emotionally, and mentally... He was the most handsome man in any room. He treated me like a queen, and in turn I treated him like a king....and by the way OP this man's work vehicle was a beat up old van... He had a beautiful extended cab truck, but sometimes we took the van.... Don't judge a book by it's cover here.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:39:25 AM
The OP has given us a fine example of tall-dark-hansome-man syndrome[kinda like
the dreaded short man syndrome].He thinks that just because he is 6-2 and hansome,
that any woman he wants and shoots a hey baby look at me smile at will just drop to her
knees for him.His type thinks that any woman is his for the taking and if some woman
has the ordasity to choose someone bald or short or ugly they wine about it like a little
*itch.
To all the women on here that are holding out for Mr. tall dark and hansome, this is often the mindset that goes with it.so good luck with that and keeping him faithful.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:24:19 AM
I don't think of myself as a babe (I don't even know anyone who still uses that term), but I've dated men that I thought were less attractive than I was. Maybe the guy was super witty, made her laugh, was generous (*ahem* wink wink) in some important ways (...bah, guys that don't go downtown, don't care how cute they are ...) and otherwise, and was super attentive. And yah, it didn't last... I think attraction is important. Oh, by the way, I didn't get offended by "ugly" either. Sometimes I do wonder myself when you see a really "mismatched" couple. And having a civic hatchback does not necessarily mean that a guy isn't spending lots of money on his girlfriend and doing romantic things for her. And sometimes if a couple has been together for a long time, one of them ages a lot better and grooms themselves better (or one of them gains weight and gets bald), so that could also be the case. The classic answer is that he must have a huge ... and be great in bed, but I doubt that's really the reason.
 Johnbones
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:28:27 AM
Yes I see your point. We do know that attractiveness does win out in terms of job oppurtunities and advancements. And in the age of the IMAGE attractiveness does matter. See you don't know the reason's why that Chick was with the guy you called ugly. Could have been that she did go with him for a while and was planning on dropping him, or it could be that she actually did like him. Nevertheless your point is still well taken. I suppose what we can learn from this thread, is that people do all kinds of things that confound any hard and fast realities, but still there are * in most cases*,and *typically*... And its impossible to speak with any interest about what women like and not be surprised by a simple counter example. "
 eastendwoman
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:35:52 AM
maybe she's dating the ugly guy because he treats her better than a 'good looking' would. good looking guys seem to think that their mere presence is enough to satisfy a woman and they could be as selfish as could be. well, duh, it isn't. good looking only goes so far. being sincerely nice to a woman means a lot more... so pull away from the mirror and as they say, 'dig yourself' you're obviously too self absorbed to be sincerely nice to a woman, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question
 carolann0308
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 10:23:22 AM
Amazing how one short glance from a stranger led to such broad generalizations from so many. Perhaps the original girl that gave you the once over, was in love with a smart, hard working, funny, kind and emotionally generous man that only YOU thought was not up to par.
I for one have never dated an adonis or any man that I seriously felt was too into his own reflection in the mirror. I also question the sanity of any man that dates a woman that wears high heels to the beach or dresses like a hooker.
 best kept secret
Msg: 158
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:36:42 AM

Well the first page had me cracking up!!!!

I think post 21 wayyyyy back had it right and prob. was reiterated several times already....

When guys say "Why Do Babes Dig Ugly Guys ?" You will often find that they are usually over rating the girl or under rating the guy. Also because for most guys looks are the most important thing they go for. They think women operate with the same criteria. If women were into looks then only about 5% of men would be getting laid. So obviously there is something else going on.

Remember hot women can get virtually any man they want. These women are already validated daily by their looks, so there is no need to seek validation in their mate as well. They pick the guy that they actually like, not one that looks good (prompting many “I don’t believe she’s with him” remarks from other jealous men)

If he is taller that me and I like the mischievous twinkle in his eye and he's a "Mans man" verses a "Ladies man"...then the total pkg starts coming together for me!
 Lily0923
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 12:46:10 PM
MAYBE HE WAS A FRIEND AND THINKS IT'S FUNNY TO ACT LIKE HER BOYFRIEND WHEN GUYS THAT LOOK LIKE THE OP LOOK AT HER OR GIVE HER ATTENTION.

My guy friends act like my husband at a bar, if they see me talking to a guy, they come up and put their arm around me and say "Honey, can we go home and let the baby sitter go home early tonight, I just wanna spend time with you."

They do this first off because it's funny, and secondly if they have seen the same guy talking to a bunch of girls they want to "protect" me.

And most importantly at this point who cares??? so this "hot" chic was with this "ugly" guy.... It's not for us to wonder why that is...It just is.
 Lily0923
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 12:58:55 PM
Mac- so now you are speaking for all men and are calling the entire gender shallow?? hhmmm.. do the rest of them know this? Did they make you the spokesman?
 dogs rule
Msg: 166
Posted: 7/16/2008 1:31:18 PM

no sour grapes here! I'm a happy guy, I can get a babe too.

I'm just asking a question, I'm sure we've all had the same experience at some point in our lives. At some point in our lives, I'm sure we've all seen a couple, where we're like, "OMG!!!!!! How the hell is that person with that person!!!!!" there is a very obvious disparity in the looks of each couple. I thnk somewhere, somehow, the disparity in those looks has to come into play.

I'm just curious, and you can bash me if you want, but I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering this

Thanks I was wanting to bash you. So you think your gods gift to women or something? In some peoples eyes you are ugly. Why are you so stuck on looks? Do you only date babes? Some woman that you might think is a babe will look like a dog to another person. Our looks will all fade but the inner person can go a long way. Maybe she was with the ugly guy because he is sexy on the inside and doesn't care what she looks like.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >