Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ofcup
Msg: 202
Why do Babes dig ugly guys?Page 5 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
Why do girls date ugly guys?

He might have a baseball bat swinging between his legs.
 2ofcup
Msg: 203
Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
Posted: 7/17/2008 8:06:46 PM
None of the rules apply to musicians and band members! lol

Thats what I need to do agian ..get back in to the band.......where's those sunglasses
 FloridaMusicMan
Msg: 206
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:27:46 AM
Is the green guy ugly?Dated alot of Women in my time traveling the world in the Military.Chemistry determines who is attracted to whom I think.I never in my lifetime met a woman I could not find something beautiful about so cannot relate to "Ugly Women"Now I git up and have to use a mirror OMG,totally different.Seriously though if a guy is confident in who he is comfortable in his skin.he will shine out and be someone women gravitate to.Albeit not every woman,and lawdy I would not want every woman to gravitate to me.I cannot multitask for chit.
 Lily0923
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:19:57 PM
Mac- It doesn't matter WHY he is treating me better, the fact is that he IS treating me better. He LISTENS to me when I talk, he hugs me when I'm sad, he thinks about me when I'm away, he is happy to see me when I get home, he kisses me when I leave... so his motives for why he does it are immaterial.

I will say this though. I was having a conversation with an ex boyfriend about gay men, and I said... Why does it seem that most gay men take really good care of themselves and work out, and IT SEEMS that lesbian women don't take as good care of themselves. His answer was "A man always wants something pretty, and a woman cares more about how that person makes them feel." ... That was the begining of the end of our relationship.
 UR 2 girls away from 3sum
Msg: 211
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:05:34 PM
Because they are livin' and diggin' life versus sitting around and posting asinine (self-pity) threads.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 213
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:18:44 PM

Tori Spelling is an example of a woman who publicly has stated she looks are very important to her when dating . Is that shallow of her?

No.
 mcbobly
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:55:12 PM
Well the way I see it OP, maybe they dig us ugly dudes because WE know how to treat them with respect, WE do not always think the grass is always greener on the other side, WE are not always looking to upgrade to the newer, better looking model,WE are thankful and grateful for who we have, WE are nice and fun to be around and most importantly WE are NEVER players and are always honest. Could I be wrong?
 celts123
Msg: 219
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:01:55 PM
A lot of women have stated that "ugly" men have better personalities than "attractive" men. Since when does "ugly" = great personality. Believe it or not, some people can be attractive and have great personalities. Some other people can have neither trait. This reminds me of the weight threads where some people would state that fat women have better personalities than slender / fit women. That isn't always true either.
 giggleparts
Msg: 222
Posted: 7/19/2008 1:23:52 AM

Tori Spelling is an example of a woman who publicly has stated she looks are very important to her when dating . Is that shallow of her? Yes, but shallow has no sex.

The irony.... the irony.
 NJTeddybear1990
Msg: 224
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:53:31 AM

if this guy is not completly fat and completely balb now, he will be in a few years. cause he has a great personality? again, that goes for a little while, but long run?

You have it wrong, my friend.

Looks fade, personality doesn't.

Do you think a woman wants to spend her life with a "nice looking guy" who has the IQ and personality of a turnip?

Eventually we all get old and need something to "fall back on".

Those without a pleasing disposition and upbeat personality have nothing to offer, once the "killer looks" begin to wane.....
 artzytype
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:51:36 PM
It's a conspiracy!

They're trying to wipe out all the ugly people through genetic manipulation!
 Minau
Msg: 227
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:22:42 PM

Well the way I see it OP, maybe they dig us ugly dudes because WE know how to treat them with respect, WE do not always think the grass is always greener on the other side, WE are not always looking to upgrade to the newer, better looking model,WE are thankful and grateful for who we have, WE are nice and fun to be around and most importantly WE are NEVER players and are always honest.

Hear hear
 pearlj
Msg: 229
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:58:02 PM
Sometimes a woman thinks that if she dates an "uglier" guy taht he is less likely to cheat on her, that he will appreciate her more ect...I have dated guys that my friends have considered "ugly" because I was sooooo into their intelligence. I know it sounds cheesy, but usually they have been well educated and intelligence is a hard to come by commodity and hot as heck lol. Sometimes a guy can transform right in front of my eyes as someone I originally thought was unattractive, but the more I get to know and like him the more I start to want him. Its hard for a guy to understand because most are so visually stimulated. But women are seduced in different ways then men. And personality has a HUGE part to play in how attractive a person is.
 cw35
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:03:46 AM
Women like to drool over good looking guys but they don't usually like dating them. Egos don't usually allow it. The woman always wants to have the upper hand in the looks department. It's a control issue most of the time. That's why most gorgeous women (by typical standards) are usually seen arm in arm with a lot of out of shape men or slob types who don't care what they look like. I've actually had a lot of women admit this to me and talked to a lot of nice guys who look good and are in shape that say how hard it is to find a date. It's a great way for a woman to keep a man jealous and make him feel bad about himself when she feels the need to.
 kandi1352
Msg: 232
Posted: 7/20/2008 10:16:45 AM
I have had this situation recently, the man is 15 yrs older, and i must say a bit kyphotic, but he treets me like a queen when we go out, he is always thoughtful, to me and my kid .... its comforting at times.. compared to men who dont do the same.. the only problem is due to his looks i would probably not spend the rest of my life with him.
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 11:20:56 AM
I don't like U-G-L-Y men! Eww! I have dated men that I found attractive and everyone asked me what I saw in that ugly guy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all have different ideas of what beauty is right, or we would all be with the same person. I don't care if the guy has money if he is ugly he is ugly. What I find attractive people tell me is ugly. I go by chemistry and how they make me feel when I am with them. Maybe this guy treated her like the princess she always wanted to be. Some women have low self esteem and that is why they date ugly guys. When u date ugly guys u don't usually have to worry about someone trying to steal them. My daughters friend is really pretty. Perfect body and she is 21 and she dates the ugliest fattest guy I ever saw. She told my daughter she don't have to worry about him cheating and she is the boss and in controll of the relationship and loves it. She said he could never get another girl like her and can treat him how she wants. She even cheats on him. I guess in the dark with the lights totally out u can't see much.
 cw35
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:27:28 PM
skullznhearts: You made a very good point that I neglected to touch on in my post. There is the chance that some good looking people actually go for personality first. Perhaps from a very attractive person's experience, the same old cookie cutter "great looking" people that they can have at the drop of a hat seem the same after awhile and they look for substance and inner beauty first.
 Lily0923
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:27:03 PM
A huge factor we are missing here is also the "ALPHA" factor, some men just ooze power and sexuality no matter what they look like. Most "alpha" men I have met are not the prettiest ones... they are average looking.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 244
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:31:03 PM
The good looking guys don't stick around long enough to find out.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 245
Posted: 7/20/2008 11:39:13 PM
Lily and Pearl bring up great points; a lot of times too, some guys are very good looking but they are so mindless they think that because they have looks, the dont need to bring anything else to the table.

For a real woman arrogance and self absorbed personalities are HUGE turn offs. The OP is extremely shallow to think that world revolves around looks. Maybe at the high school dance but not in the real world.
 nexthyme
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 12:58:08 PM
everlast, beauty actually comes from within. Someone my be what is considered physically attractive, but that doesn't make them a catch, or someone you even want to be around. This is because they have never developed beauty within.

Some beautiful women have beauty within, and she sees that beauty from within out, and that is why she is with them.

Perhaps you may think about that actual uselessness of some fancy expensive bangle on a gal arm, or an expensive car, that has a blown engine. Both of them look pretty but they are useless, because they have nothing to offer from within.

Apparently you misconception of what makes a person worth while, and date worthy is the material items a person can provide, this couldn't be further from the truth with many women.

Here's a question back at ya, why does it bother you that a beautiful woman sees the real beauty of an average looking joe, over chosing you??? After all if it weren't an issue with you then you'd have no reason to bring it up it would seem....

Ohhh well after reading some of you other posts, and what a few others have said, I see why you have such a narrow mindset. While it is true that SOME bosses will choice looks over intellegent, skill and talent, some businesses do actually what to save their a$$es from being sued. Ever hear of the EEOC, that was passed in 69, and if the pretty people keep passing up someone that has more skills, they can file suit and win.

No this legistlation is about looks, but if it is a good case any attorney can fold it around what ever they need to to bring it to court especially if it has to do with inequality on the job.

I don't date for beauty, I date for how a guy makes me feel, and if he considers me a partner, and values me as such. I don't expect idolization and sure as hell wouldn't want it, but then again maybe in YOUR EYES I am an "ugly chick"...

Then again, what ever your opinion is of me really doesn't matter, because I am perfectly ok in my skin, and within whom I chose as a mate and partner...
 Sturdavint
Msg: 248
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:13:07 PM

I was walking up to Blockbuster the other day, saw this beautifull blond woman, twenty-something, walking with this guy. I checked her out she checked me out, then the guy said something to her and took her hand! they walked hand in hand to the car. I was curious as to what kind of car and it was a Civic Hatchback. I thought at first this guy was her older brother, or a cousin... he was not fat but almost there, almost balb, short, driving a hatchback so he's not rich....

Why would a babe date an ugly guy? sometimes for money I can understand, though not in this example. pity relationship? maybe, but for how long? getting nasty with an attractive person vs. an ugly person is a different experience, especially in the long run... if this guy is not completly fat and completely balb now, he will be in a few years. cause he has a great personality? again, that goes for a little while, but long run?

Why do girls date ugly guys?

PS - I use the term ugly as a very general word, cause its easy to use, and simpler than trying to find adequate politically-correct adjectives. I dont mean disrespect. I dont mean to sound shallow with this question, but I think we've all seen it sometime and wondered why an attractive person is with that unattractive person. pls understand

Well, we can assume he was not a loser.......Being pretty and rich does not make one a nice person.....Can you say that about yourself?
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 252
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:58:37 PM

Basically, all you hot girls will probably get approached by the ugly ones more than the good looking guys, because they've got nothing to lose by climbing that high.

I see more good looking guys have more confident to approach who he want than unattractive.
 celts123
Msg: 255
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:06:31 PM
When a person falls in love with someone's personality, they become physically beautiful to that person, whether they are ugly, beautiful, or average.

This doesn't apply to me. An "ugly" woman could have a great personality, but I would still find her to be physically unattractive.

You are falling into a stupid little thing called socialization, and assuming that the idea that no one wants a physically ugly person is a fact or truth. It's not. If that were the case, the genetics for some traits people don't find attractive would have either been lost at some point in history, or there would be far fewer. As it is, I'd say that fat balding men are the majority in this country. And they make many more fat balding men. Which means they actually get more sex then hot guys. Ok, they may just reproduce more, but still, in order to reproduce, you have to attract someone.

Well maybe many of these men weren't fat and bald when they first started dating their current wives. Or maybe a man's wife thinks that he is physically attractive although many other women think he is physically unattractive. Looks can be subjective.
 zangie
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:28:49 PM

This doesn't apply to me. An "ugly" woman could have a great personality, but I would still find her to be physically unattractive.

Well, that just supports the idea that men do view attractive differently than women ( generally, before I get attacked by the PC crowd...lol)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >