Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 emer33
Msg: 139
Why would anyone want to date you?Page 23 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
P S ...I have had "meetings", 2 dinner dates, 1 each person, and arguments over where and when to meet.
I think this site attracts men who like to look, chat, talk on the phone, NOT actually DATE.
 StereoTypicallyME
Msg: 141
Why would anyone want to date you?
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:42:43 PM
Because they heard from a friend that nothing makes you hot quite like a 'fire' does.
 Cynderella
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:29:37 PM
Only one answer to that...because I have a faithful heart!
 mitchchan
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/20/2008 3:50:39 PM
Because I am unique and different.

I do believe I have great qualities that I can offer to a guy... I have a great personality (although I still working on my little quirkness lol) and I can offer you true friendship in the end. ;)

reasons why should you date a Filipina girl like me:
1. Filipina girls are renowned for their beauty!
2. Filipino girls are a delight to be around because of their disposition and personality
3. Filipinas are u nderstanding, patient and composed .
4. Filipina girls are generous and naturally caring and supportive .
5. Filipina girls believe in a one-man one-woman relationship .
6. Filipina women put family first before money .
7. Filipinas are excellent home keepers .
8. Filipinas are well educated .
9. Filipino girls are religious .
10. LOL!

Scorpianfish
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 1:09:52 AM
I am funny, smart, kind, thoughtful, faithful and live with integrity.

Also in a disagreement I am a good listener and try to work together verse against my partner.

Oh and my faults are within some normal range.
 Akirael
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 9:56:13 PM
Not to be arrogant

but I have what I like to call the big 3

Nice face, Nice body and a great personality. I'm not saying I'm perfect but everyone has flaws but def have a lot to offer...
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/29/2008 8:14:07 PM
Well.. I generally promise money or sex... or other valuable door prizes, so maybe that's why?

Nighthawksloft
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2008 9:48:56 AM
Because our Creator allowed the gift of love to be placed into another for you. Reciprocated or not, it is a gift and must be managed.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2008 10:13:00 PM
Because I'm me. heheh!
What, I won't list any virtues on here, why should I?!
I have found that only by spending time with a person do you really find out if they are truly loving or caring ... or anything they claim to be on the profile. :)
 Ender330
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 11:42:36 AM
I can wiggle my nose...
 SamuraiPixie
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/9/2009 5:53:30 PM
I'm good looking (actually granny said "he ain't so ugly", but thats just granny)

Okay I laughed out loud, this guy is a keeper, too bad he's not in my zip code... LMAO... Granny rocks...

Why would anyone want to date me? Because I'm a good catch, I'm a nice girl, I work hard, I'm intelligent, and I have plenty to offer the right guy. Mostly though, because I'm not a bunny boiler or a serial killer...

Suz aka Sami
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 6:59:16 PM
1. I'm reasonably good looking
2. I have a great career that I am passionate about
3. I'm extremely loyal
4. I'm intelligent (Mensa member)
5. I'm a great listener
6. I have tons of different interests and am enthusiastic about learning what the world has to offer
 LinuxD
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 7:14:08 PM
Cuz I can count to potato? and do fractions ( potato chips)?
 chongchon
Msg: 160
Posted: 4/9/2009 7:32:21 PM
Wow, a smart question.....
 costcoshopper
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/9/2009 10:06:43 PM
Because I will always be a little more into what we are doing than you are. Everyone else will be thinking you are lucky to be dating me, and I will think I am lucky to be dating you.
 FL CO
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 10:51:42 PM
Because I know how to treat a woman. I'm thoughtful, caring, giving, funny. I don't yell at women. When I date someone they're the only person I get involved with. I won't seek out anyone else. ...
 barbee1970
Msg: 163
Posted: 4/9/2009 11:12:51 PM
I am kind, considerate, yet reserved
I am likeable, most people like me--that is unless they are so shallow, they only want a "cutie".

I am a really nice person and a good listener, just not for control freaks.
 forum101
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 10:06:15 AM
One guy told me I had the total package, body, looks, job, home, personality.

I think:
I am courteous,
accept people as they are,
good communicator
respectful,
honest,
dont play games
I'm not high maintenance
 ItsMargo
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 10:55:22 AM

Seriously, why?
Have you ever thought about it?
What do you have to offer?

It kind of baffles me to tell the truth.
The things I once thought were of such value don't seem to figure into the equation at all.
I think it is because I am kind and quick to laugh.
That doesn't seem like much at all.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 11:31:33 AM
Someone clearly thought I had plenty to offer - and that perception was mutual. So, I'm off the market and no-one would want to date me anymore. I'm good with that!
 *buzz*
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2010 12:58:48 PM
Hoping to find a real connection.
 Vannili
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2010 6:38:53 PM
why would anyone want to date me? It is a man thing,lol
 ilovehistory
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2010 5:17:18 PM
I thought about this question myself after a lifetime of rejection by women. I'm nearly 35 years old and have never, ever, not even once, successfully asked a woman to go on a date with me. I have dated women, and I have a 13 year old son who I have custody of. The women I went out with asked me out, and with the exception of my son's mother, none continued to date me longer than 3 or 4 weeks (which isn't really long enough to even be considered a relationship). My son's mother is mentally ill, which I think affected her judgment on that.

I actually didn't date for a long time until a couple months ago when a female friend asked me out. I normally say no to anyone who asks me out now, but we were good friends and I thought she would treat me decently, even if we decided it wouldn't work out in the end. I was wrong. Three weeks after we began dating, one of her roomates brought to their house a guy she was friends with. The girl I was with and this guy her roomate knew discovered they'd lived across the street from each other when they were 6 yrs old and the next morning, she emailed me on Facebook to say she didn't want to date me. She made up a lame excuse but I knew what had happened and a couple days later she put him on facebook as her boyfriend. The email she sent was the last I heard from her, so I take that to mean that our long friendship is over. Oh well, lol. If even friends cannot be honest with me, why would a woman I barely know?

I had looked into what it is women want, and what I can actually offer. I did this by researching academic literature; psychologists and sociologists research this stuff quite a lot. I am a grad student working on my MA in History so finding the studies was easy. I also spent a lot of time speaking with female friends, those ex's who still talked to me, and male friends who were more successful. I realized that what I have to offer has no value, at all, to women. Some of the things that are 'wrong' with me I cannot change. I am extremely socially awkward and inexperienced, having been alone with no friends of any kind until very recently. I have little interest in the things I can change, like how much money I have. Money means little to me; I grew up surrounded by money and no love. My family is still wealthy and they are the most miserable, empty people I have ever known. My work, I am a professional artist, gives me meaning in life. I make enough to live and not much more, and don't care. I wouldn't want to live if I had to give that up to get a regular higher paying job. So, I don't date. I can't afford to do so especially knowing that no one will stay with me, and my time is very precious to me. Being a father, student, and self-employed artist is very time consuming.
 winfieldbrian
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2010 4:22:16 PM
Because
I'm fun to be around
I don't take the world too serious
and I give great cunnilingus!

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >