Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stockjockey
Msg: 74
Why would anyone want to date you?Page 3 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I am strong, romantic and humorous.
 CherylCake
Msg: 75
Why would anyone want to date you?
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:13:15 AM
Ummm...because I'm never a dull moment & have large knockers? Or maybe it's my ability to whip up fabulous culinary creations. Then again, my sarcastically stimulating conversation and love of insignificant trivia keeps the conversation interesting. Perhaps it's the way I love to play like a kid sometimes. Mostly, I think dateability is about whether or not a guy thinks he has a chance in her pants....really.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 77
Posted: 8/21/2008 12:21:14 PM
Because I like kittens and kitty cats. They are cute, and I like cute things (which is why I like womenfolk).

Okay. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but uhm... I can support myself financially.. And I have a car.

I'm moderately intelligent. I'm not really smart, just a middle-ground.
 ExEastCoaster1975
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:32:04 PM
Well, let's see:

I'm 6'4" (most women want tall)
I'm in good shape for my age
I don't look my age
I'm intelligent
I'm witty/funny
I'm outgoing
I'm kind & considerate
I am a gentleman
Last week a lady near my age asked "why do you have to be so damn good looking?
I don't smoke or do drugs (deal-breakers for many)
I don't have any alimony or support payments
I don't have any two-legged kids (mine are all hairy with four legs)
I love animals and have horses and dogs
I love the ocean.
I can skipper a powerboat or a sailboat up to about 30' long
I enjoy a quiet night cuddling on the couch watching a movie (or maybe just hearing it)
I can cook things that don't involve a barbecue
I look & act younger than my age
I dance...even when I'm cold sober
I'm not too serious about life. S*** happens. Get over it!
When S*** happens, I try to find a way to laugh at it.
Posted: 8/21/2008 7:39:53 PM
I would say it's my rugged good looks but I would be lying to myself. Nope, I would say that it's because I can deflect lightning bolts with my forearms.

Can any guys you've dated say that? *crickets*

That's what I thought. Count it. WHOOOOO
 cw35
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:44:30 PM
It doesn't matter why anyone would date me. I need to know why I should date someone. I don't jump through hoops like a dog begging people to like me. Seems kind of degrading to have to "prove" yourself if you ask me.
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:44:49 PM
4 reasons,
women, money, fame, women. wait, sorry thats Dr. Cox's reason people become doctors.

Ok, for real

I am:

Awesome
charismatic
easy to get along with
funny
nice
not old and creepy
I don't have sex with bears
and I don't want to punchasize your face

animation303
Msg: 83
re: Why would anyone want to date you?
Posted: 8/25/2008 6:59:35 AM
usually its more me thinking why nobody will date me.

I get told I'm too unique, too much of a freak.. etc... never been called ugly, never really been called on anything physically wrong with me, just get told that I should change to suit the norm.

So its either stay being me, and stay single until I eventually find someone as f'cked up as me, or change into someone I'm not and only have a slightly higher chance of finding a date....

either way, I'm screwed.
 bellazingara
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:41:19 AM
Don't know...been asking them that for years....LOL
 rdcnorm
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/25/2008 8:01:34 AM

Not just any woman would want to date me,, only a special woman would want to date me,, then when she finds me,, that will be a question I will ask her,, If it's my personality,, or anything else,, it really doesn't matter,, does it,, as long as I like who I am,, and she like me too...
 MSII
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/25/2008 10:54:22 AM
This feels like a job interview. I'm not answering!

I'll give you a hint: I appreciate.

Oh yeah, and I can fix things, I like to shop, and I dont make people a "football widow".
I grant space, LOTS of it when there are little contact moments in between, and I don't get jealous. At ALL.

Caught an ex (not ex at the time) messing around once. "Knock that crap off" was about as mad as I got.

If someone doesn't want me, fine. I have other things to worry about.

If someone does want me, I put every ounce of energy I have into the relationship.

Just let me scream for 10 seconds when I can't find my keys.

Hmm, I guess I *did* answer.
 Rythmn
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 10:30:10 PM
because i'm a red hot mama AND......well, ask my "date". well, on second thought, it would be because i'm from brooklyn. that's why!
 robynthehood1
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/25/2008 10:32:15 PM
Where oh where do YOU live??? Only half joking. My date decided to be romantic and lit a huge candle for me, THEN, unknown to me opened the sliding door then HE went to sleep while I read the newspaper. THEN I smelt something burning. The flame from the candle was trying to eat the side of the TV. I raced over to it to put it out and grabbed it and slightly held it towards me to blow on it, and enveloped my hand with hot wax. I yelled and waved my hand around to try to get the hot wax off it and got that all over the bedclothes. He still slept on regardless. Next morning, me with my hand wrapped in a cold washer, HE wakes up and says what is all that red stuff on the sheets....like we had an inspection of the sheets and did not fail???

I said, that candle you left burning after you opened the sliding door nearly burnt the TV, so in putting it out I burnt my hand so shook the hot wax off it, and it went on the sheets. Both of us spent the next half hour trying to scrape red wax off the sheets and doona, with the side of a spoon, as there was no knife available. What a fun night!
 Cynderella
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 12:29:04 AM
Cuz every Angel needs a little devil!!!
And I am all ANGEL!!!!
 spiderette
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/26/2008 12:36:38 AM
LOL who knows?!!! Couldn't resist, OP. :)
 degostyle
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/26/2008 12:20:06 PM
Plain and simple, Im me. I dont try to be like everyone else, I just be me. I will never put myself down because I like who I am and I know what I stand for and I wont let anyone change that just like I wont try to change anyone Im with. Im just me...Being a hopeless romantic and the fact that I love kids kind of helps to...lol
 Livin-The-Life
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/26/2008 12:23:26 PM
Passion for life
Exciting career I am passionate about
Socially adept
Good person

Simply fun to be around.
 jackster121
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 4:02:23 PM
yeah and when I think about it honestly I get depressed. So, I try not to think about my numerous faults and short commings( no pun intended) and focus on what I do have to offer.
 caesar0002
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:00:06 AM
cant tell my secrets.
 caesar0002
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:37:26 PM
ninki i would date you.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/12/2008 1:09:04 AM
Because:

I am filthy rich.

I live in a 12 bedroom mansion.

I have the figure of Angela Jolie.

I can sing like an angel.

I can rock your world and have you begging for more.

I will have you laughing your aZZ off.

You figure out which is real and which isn't !!!!
 Lord_liquid
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 1:31:54 AM
Good reasons you say OP......could be tricky to do without sounding like an arrogant prick.

Clearly worked as a male model in a former life (none of the looks carried over unfortunately)
Listen to all kinds of stuff (horray for being the shoulder to cry on)
Know when to be a harsh son of a monkey
Always been faithful (despite every ex cheating on me)
Seem to make people laugh
Spend more of my time and money worrying about other people than myself
I know when to shut up and let people get on with it.....like now for instance
 plenty of tiger
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 4:46:11 AM
Why not?
My friends say I have a great sense of humor, I'm compassionate, great cook and can carry on a conversation beyond hello.
I think that I am honest, great cook (years and years of experience), I get along with just about everyone, people seems to gravitate to me for help because I am compassionate.
Posted: 9/19/2008 8:33:43 PM
See what everyone else has said...
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/19/2008 8:40:50 PM
I'm sure I have lots to offer, but the thing is... I dunno what that might be. Those who've dated me seemed impressed... even tho it didn't last for whatever reason.

So I must have something... but I remain unclear.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >