Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Whatever Happened to Romance/Courtship, etc.?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peas_
Msg: 285
Whatever Happened to Romance/Courtship, etc.?Page 17 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)

You guys on the other hand....that's all you do for god's sake...every damn post. Just like your post down in broken hearts a few ago... "women who get rid of nice guys are mean" wtf?!? Mean? Jezuss if all these nice guys do is whine sniffling snot like that, they not only need dumping, they need neutering.

oh, not just mean, bitter. lol
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 286
Whatever Happened to Romance/Courtship, etc.?
Posted: 8/12/2015 2:41:28 PM

I know you're too gentlemanly to hit a woman back.

And I believe the above statement completely. Even if a woman hits me, or throws a can of beans or a plate or bowl at me. I will not hit her. And... have not in the past.

Good thing she didn't throw the hearts of palm at me because it would have been a different thing.

Hehehe.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 287
Posted: 8/12/2015 4:18:47 PM
^^^ True. Some guys will open doors for young ladies but won't help an old woman cross the street.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 288
Posted: 8/13/2015 8:06:18 AM

You guys on the other hand....that's all you do for god's sake...every damn post. Just like your post down in broken hearts a few ago... "women who get rid of nice guys are mean" wtf?!? Mean? Jezuss if all these nice guys do is whine sniffling snot like that, they not only need dumping, they need neutering.

Now now Sir White Knight. That was not very noble of you ;).
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2015 1:58:26 PM

^^^ True. Some guys will open doors for young ladies but won't help an old woman cross the street.

Yeah, but is the old woman across the street going to give him a handjob at the end of the night? Heck no! Of course, he does doesn't have to pay for her feedings, so I guess there's pros and cons. Best to help the old lady across the street when a date is watching. ;)

I have never heard of any woman of any age mention slamming doors in guy's faces or complain about a door being opened for them though, especially around my era...or area for that matter.

The only time I hear a gal "complain" about a guy holding doors is when he's tripping over his own feet (obvious), and she's a modern gal who's just rolling her eyes a bit underneath it all and smirking that he doesn't have to play those games. Ante it up some more when he goes out of his way to walk over to the passenger side of the car and open her door for him... that I have heard gals roll their eyes about like "It's cute to have him do that on some special night, but geez -- Every time? Just unlock the door." Kind of the same thing as a guy scurrying in front of a gal and opening each door within a double set of doors walking into a place and role-playing like that.

IMO, it's just best for the person walking in front to grab the door and hold it for the other person. Usually when out and about, the guy's going to be a foot in front and it just rolls naturally. Nothing to really ask for, nothing really to applaud.

But the whole idea of Courting stems from times of the past and the (sad, exaggerated, traditional) idea of females being inferior (like older children are) and their role in society where they are supported by and live off of Men... where men work to win them over to be Their gal, to breed and take care of the children, the house, and himself, etc. It's changed over time... we can ignore the Whys about it... but opening doors and doing some natural gestures isn't bad at all. But one should understand that old-fashioned doesn't mean good manners, even if it gives some people warm-fuzzies from selective/modified "history". But hey, whatever will warm a gal's heart if ya have an aim at her... put on a clown suit and juggle if that gets her warmed up with genuine interest! ;)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 290
Posted: 8/13/2015 4:42:11 PM

Kind of the same thing as a guy scurrying in front of a gal and opening each door within a double set of doors walking into a place and role-playing like that.

Actually there's a technique to that. If she stops and waits, you just open the other door. If she starts opening the second door you reach above her and take over allowing her to walk through first. Helps to be tall. Call it old school, call it unnecessary, call it frivolis. It's just plain manners, a courtesy extended to another with no thought of recipocal actions or thanks.

That's what I don't see much of in today's youth.

When I was growing up it wasn't a courtesy to say "yes mamm" or "no sir" it was expected as a course of everyday interaction. Failure to do that could result in a pop across the mouth. I still do it today even when it's obvious I'm quite a bit older than the recipient. Call it manners, respect or whatever. Works for me.
 sealady111
Msg: 291
Posted: 8/13/2015 5:05:19 PM
^^^^^^ See I knew you were a gentleman.

Swoon. Swoon.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 292
Posted: 8/13/2015 10:58:07 PM

You guys on the other hand....that's all you do for god's sake...every damn post.

Yeah. Allow me to put things into perspective here. I first joined back in 2012. I had heated exchanges with rockin-trucker back then, too. (he had a different name at the time, though)

I left in 2013, and came back this year. My very first day back, I noticed he was STILL complaining about the same shit. "People are shallow", "women had to do something to deserve angry messages", "why can't women send polite rejection responses?", etc. Literal YEARS of this crap.

I never thought CaptainAD (for those of you who might remember my feud with that doofus) could be dethroned as the king of the whiny self professed nice guys, but it has certainly occurred.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 293
Posted: 8/14/2015 3:34:33 PM

And I'm waiting patiently for the manospherians to show up and refer to Pig as a White Knight as well for basically saying similar to Crookcatcher. Because, you know, pointing out how some people need to stop shooting themself in the foot repeatedly (and subsequently crying about it) gets you that label.

Pffft. They can kiss my lily white a$$. I call out bullshit whether it's coming from a man or woman.

It's not like I have always focused solely on bashing these guys, either. I've tried offering advice in the past, only to be told I was wrong. So, f*ck them.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2015 4:02:59 PM
I don't remember CaptainAD, or RT back in 2013, but Patch was saying the same stuff. I don't think his posts are much different.

There are some white knights though, always is, problem is they didn't get it then and they don't now. Lol

You never said anything about the women bemoaning that men won't buy them a $2.00 cup of coffee. If you ask me, either call both men and women out for "why don't they" and the "it's not fair" dialogue, or don't say anything at all.

But he doesn't believe they should pay! Listen, I could be wrong, but notwithstanding the age generational difference, geography difference (Southern gentlemen), you still possibly have a guy who is old fashioned and doesn't believe in feminism in relationships. He was a LEO, I haven' yet met a white knight, non traditional , non old fashioned man in that profession yet. I hope I never will!

It is an ALPHA sub culture. Men have balls, they drive fast, they don't whine(unless its OT and paycheck is wrong) , and they take care of the lady they are with. That includes paying when an invitation is made. It includes a lot more also . :)

I honestly try to understand your points, perhaps more lenient than CC does, and your points are relevant. But you really think you have convinced a caveman like myself that women should pay for a cup of coffee when a man asks them out?? Bro, it is hard enough for me to remember leaving the club at home! Me Tarzan!

Point is, if you don't want to pay, DON'T! But don't expect you are going to convert the over 40 group, in America, otherwise. You don't need to keep up that argument, UNLESS, the discussion involves MAYBE women under 30, and/or Canadian, since they seem more likely to like Dutch men! ;P
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 295
Posted: 8/14/2015 4:11:47 PM

And I'm waiting patiently for the manospherians to show up and refer to Pig as a White Knight as well for basically saying similar to Crookcatcher. Because, you know, pointing out how some people need to stop shooting themself in the foot repeatedly

Lol....like I've never been called that here. They're inconsequential.

I find it difficult to believe they can even function socially day to day.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 296
Posted: 8/14/2015 4:24:52 PM

I don't remember CaptainAD

He was a complete idiot. His big catchphrase was "women are nothing but entitlement princesses!" I was actually fairly nice to him early on, but once he had other dumbshits joining in supporting him, he turned into a total schmuck.

Miss Allison also let his sorry ass get away with murder here. He used to flat out hurl names and insults at me, then he would cry to her when I responded. I got slapped with bans/restrictions, and usually nothing for him.
 Peas_
Msg: 297
Posted: 8/14/2015 4:36:57 PM
lol, I know a mod named Krusty at another site. Same shit, different day. Gets old those two faced peeps. They believe in tons of shaming on that site. puke.

Ok, I have to finish getting ready for my date. See ya! woooo hooo! ha....beer can chicken. Yes!
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 298
Posted: 8/14/2015 6:33:16 PM
I'm a blue pill type of guy myself.
 Hothrod
Msg: 299
Posted: 8/14/2015 7:18:49 PM
Time for romance/courtship?
No, not today, with internet dating, everyone wants it now here today... instantly! our concepts of time have changed indefinitely...
 deetristate
Msg: 301
Posted: 8/15/2015 12:19:46 PM
If you ACT like you are being courted instead of a paid for hump, you will get courtship and romance.
 deetristate
Msg: 302
Posted: 8/15/2015 6:03:28 PM
No one said anything about all. ......

Handmaids' Tale is a good book. About the pendulum swinging too far because it went too far the other way. Moderation and decorum work wonders.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2015 6:38:53 PM
I don't know about that. I know a guy buys flowers, jewellery etc for a woman half his age who was a prostitute and still has that mentality. She treats him like dirt and does not have a romantic bone in her body. Trying to appease and please the younger woman.. It is sad really.
 deetristate
Msg: 304
Posted: 8/16/2015 4:03:56 AM
Uh, you brought up "hand maids" But I get it now. Sorry that the shoe fit. I did not mean to touch your sensitive part. Sorry.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2015 7:49:33 AM
I am with you Mae Flowers. Been single a long time, kinda like it that way.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 306
Posted: 8/16/2015 11:25:13 AM
This is 2015
this is also my body to do what I want with it, share it or not share it--so when someone wants to act like the thing wrong with the world is the fact that women have discovered that they can be EQUAL partners when it comes to sex, that it doesn't have to be restrictive otherwise the guy (or society) will think bad of them...(shakes head sadly)

A man I would be attracted to is someone who realizes the dimensions in interpersonal relationships and that having sex with just anyone can cheapen that dynamic and wish to build something that is more than a one dimensional state of body parts slapping together, but that is the type of man I would be attracted to cause I want someone with equal depth but also equal passion who considers foreplay a 24/7 event that can be as simple as the touch of hands, or a gaze across a crowded room.

Someone else might not wish to be as intertwined as me and so the person who wants someone who has more walls or just out of what they prefer might want to just slap body parts together...

Neither is wrong and Neither is right...it is who you are

Anyone who says or thinks differently is just judging cause of the sad existence of their own life.
 deetristate
Msg: 307
Posted: 8/16/2015 2:49:35 PM
A lot of very incorrect and angry assumptions, Petal.
But again, sorry that I hit your soft and vulnerable spots.

And you are correct,, next poster. Women can do what they want. And there are natural consequences of actions, whether striking a match or making yourselves very available. One cannot have all at once. Choose what you can live with and enjoy. But don't yearn for a daily stroll on the beach after choosing to live in the desert. It is all quite simple
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 308
Posted: 8/16/2015 4:36:00 PM
Letitia, that sounds like the plot of, “Of Human Bondage.”

The Handmaid’s Tale is not about women’s comeuppance from a pendulum swinging too far. It was a pretentious attempt to compete (or compliment, depending on your POV) with Huxley and Orwell.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 309
Posted: 8/16/2015 4:40:57 PM
I'm not exactly a fan of Peggy Atwood, but that's a bit harsh.

She wrote a book 30 years ago that reflected what she was seeing happening. A lot of people love the book - people who are smarter than you or me. That book is the primary reason she gets mentioned as a Nobel contender every so often. I know Huxley never made that short list, and as much as I love Orwell, I'm pretty sure he didn't either.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Whatever Happened to Romance/Courtship, etc.?