Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 7
What changed after 30? Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Just about everything that Hereshecomesagain, said!!

But your profile has it that you have not hit 30 yet?! LOL

I am about to turn 42...and personally, I think my 40's have been more incredible than any other age! I actually look forward to my 50's! ;) What makes it most ironic, is that I have experienced a lot of woes, hardship, and a painful ending to a LTR....yet the way in which I dealt with these issues was empowering, compared to how things occurred in my 20's and 30's!

The more independent my kids became, the more reckless I became, for the fun of it.

Aahhh...the sheer joy of being FRIENDS with your adult kidlets! ;)
 JustMeinBflo
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/17/2008 6:17:12 PM
^^^^^ LOL ... But who cares about her friends? I'd be happy just having her in my town.
 tygris
Msg: 21
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/18/2008 2:06:35 PM
I turned into a ****.....and I love it! LOL
 grkboy
Msg: 23
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:44:31 PM
When I hit 30, I more had a clear understanding of what women were bad for me and which women were good.

Unfortunately I had also dealt with too many bad experiences in my past and even into my 30s that I question now what I want for myself in life. I find myself wondering if I want to find love, get married, and even have a family...or stay alone and travel/live life. Or even find a woman who never wants kids and do the travel/live life thing.

Some think I am being selfish or childish, but I more saw it as dating has been a miserable experience for me since I hit puberty, and I felt that if this is what it's all about, then maybe I need to think more about myself than anything else. If so many women have lied to me, played games, etc...then should I more stop thinking of "finding someone" and more do whatever makes me happy personally?

I still stay positive, but I don't take love, dating, and relationships as serious as I used to...only because even now at 34 I meet so many messed up women who have damaged or destroyed their lives in one form or another. I live my life for me. My career, my health, my goals, my happiness. I stopped thinking I needed to find someone in order to be happy.

Am I still open to love? Yes. But I will not feel like I failed in life if I never find it, and now I make the women work to get me as much as I used to work to get them. Luckily in my 30s, the mentality changes and the women I meet (who aren't messed up) are more thinking "long term" and "good man" as opposed to the bad boys, excitement, and other frivolity many spent their 20s pursuing.

I will trust someone, but I don't give that out as easily now as I used to. I got smarter in my 30s, and became more mindful of the bad seeds, as well as freed myself of the thinking that I must "find someone".
 mist344
Msg: 29
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:42:55 PM
i have been divorced for almost 13 YRS! It was so much easier to date in my 20's..Now the guys I meet don't take me seriously because they think their MUST be a problem if I'm still single...when actually I have more time to date now..DEFINITELY a higher sex drive and more ready to settle down with that special someone then I was in my 20's..
 La Gioconda
Msg: 34
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/20/2008 11:37:42 PM
-I left long term relationship and didn't worry about being single
-I started to do what I truly loved to do
-I started to discover myself, because I had no time to do this when I was with him
-I set myself free by leaving a dead end relationship and embraced the freedom of being single
-I enrolled at University and start taking part-time classes
-I enjoyed going out with men and start discovering my own sexuality
-I enrolled full time at Art College and earned Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
-I start playing tennis for the first time and got really good at it
-I also started skiing for the first time with a new boyfriend, it was blast
-I no longer felt I had to be with a man to feel complete, I was complete and satisfied more than ever before
-I experimented more in my relationships with men and enjoyed many great moments
-I had my own place for the first time, that was mine and I loved to create the environment I lived in
- I start living in the moment without worrying about the future
-...that's about all. I think I covered it.
 hilltop70
Msg: 47
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/24/2008 1:33:29 PM
i got comfortable in my own skin, no more sucking up to women cause i thought i couldnt handle being alone now its not a problem
 mcfly762
Msg: 48
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:31:46 PM
"Am I still open to love? Yes. But I will not feel like I failed in life if I never find it, and now I make the women work to get me as much as I used to work to get them. Luckily in my 30s, the mentality changes and the women I meet (who aren't messed up) are more thinking "long term" and "good man" as opposed to the bad boys, excitement, and other frivolity many spent their 20s pursuing."

That makes you feel better? They're used up at that point and you're just badboy leftovers.
 Danger__Moose
Msg: 49
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/26/2008 7:41:32 AM
I changed. I stopped trying to jam myself into bad relationships trying to be the person the woman I was dating wanted me to be rather than the person that I am. But first off I had to figure out who that was, and very few people in their 20's have had enough time to figure that out.
 Jan Sobieski
Msg: 50
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 7/26/2008 2:35:31 PM
In my early 20s, I drank alot, took more or less every drug that was offered, travelled all over Aus, NZ, had some great times. About the time I turned 27, things started to change. I became aware that there were in fact other people on this planet, who would appreciate it if I kept the noise down.
When I was 30, my older brother brought my nephew into the world. He told me all about what a fantastic thing it was to have a child, and I sort of thought "yeah, whatever, enjoy those sleepless nights mate". Now the boy is 4 years old and I love it when they come to visit.
I guess I'm a bit "clucky" now, but this should not be confused with some sort of biological time limit. One of the great things about being a bloke is that there is plentey of time to have kids.
 mcfly762
Msg: 52
What changed after 30?
Posted: 8/9/2008 7:49:41 AM
"Am I still open to love? Yes. But I will not feel like I failed in life if I never find it, and now I make the women work to get me as much as I used to work to get them. Luckily in my 30s, the mentality changes and the women I meet (who aren't messed up) are more thinking "long term" and "good man" as opposed to the bad boys, excitement, and other frivolity many spent their 20s pursuing."

But at that point, those types of women a're usually damaged goods due to being f'ed and chucked by so many bad boys. Why deal with that baggage?
 RoughAsGuts
Msg: 54
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 8/11/2008 10:01:04 AM
Alot of you guys seem to feel coming of age at 30 means feeling more liberating and being able to speak your minds :P i can happily admit that I been that way since i can remember. Never saw the point to being pretentious anyways - you know wanting one thing but behaving as expected to. Ive always been a free spirit.

So all thats changed for me is finding it harder to mingle with teenagers cuz im always young at heart. Cuz when those years pile on, seems your body and looks begin to betray who you are deep inside - in my case an exuberant teenage guy in his prime.
 barbee1970
Msg: 58
What changed after 30?
Posted: 5/9/2009 5:40:59 AM
My metabolism! Throughout my life, I was 90-100 lbs. Now I gained 20 lbs.

I don't have the energy I use to. I used to get out there with 2 dogs, a Shep mix and a pit/dobe mix. Friends say I should get my current dog a companion, but I say 2 dogs are too much for me.

I am wiser, yet I satnd up for what I believe. I use to be so quiet.
 Ian1216
Msg: 62
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 5/14/2009 9:34:58 PM
I'm still trying to figure it out :P

Actually to be honest there's a part of me that at this point wants to settle down, and there's definitely a maturity process to that. Mind you I'm glad I did just up and get married in my 20's, but it's now nearing the point where I want to.
 lissa_brat
Msg: 63
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 5/15/2009 4:08:35 PM
I realized what i want and what I dont want.. and with a child; it just becomes so much more difficult.. people dont take you seriously..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >