Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mcfly762
Msg: 52
What changed after 30? Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"Am I still open to love? Yes. But I will not feel like I failed in life if I never find it, and now I make the women work to get me as much as I used to work to get them. Luckily in my 30s, the mentality changes and the women I meet (who aren't messed up) are more thinking "long term" and "good man" as opposed to the bad boys, excitement, and other frivolity many spent their 20s pursuing."

But at that point, those types of women a're usually damaged goods due to being f'ed and chucked by so many bad boys. Why deal with that baggage?
 RoughAsGuts
Msg: 54
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 8/11/2008 10:01:04 AM
Alot of you guys seem to feel coming of age at 30 means feeling more liberating and being able to speak your minds :P i can happily admit that I been that way since i can remember. Never saw the point to being pretentious anyways - you know wanting one thing but behaving as expected to. Ive always been a free spirit.

So all thats changed for me is finding it harder to mingle with teenagers cuz im always young at heart. Cuz when those years pile on, seems your body and looks begin to betray who you are deep inside - in my case an exuberant teenage guy in his prime.
 barbee1970
Msg: 58
What changed after 30?
Posted: 5/9/2009 5:40:59 AM
My metabolism! Throughout my life, I was 90-100 lbs. Now I gained 20 lbs.

I don't have the energy I use to. I used to get out there with 2 dogs, a Shep mix and a pit/dobe mix. Friends say I should get my current dog a companion, but I say 2 dogs are too much for me.

I am wiser, yet I satnd up for what I believe. I use to be so quiet.
 Ian1216
Msg: 62
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 5/14/2009 9:34:58 PM
I'm still trying to figure it out :P

Actually to be honest there's a part of me that at this point wants to settle down, and there's definitely a maturity process to that. Mind you I'm glad I did just up and get married in my 20's, but it's now nearing the point where I want to.
 lissa_brat
Msg: 63
view profile
History
What changed after 30?
Posted: 5/15/2009 4:08:35 PM
I realized what i want and what I dont want.. and with a child; it just becomes so much more difficult.. people dont take you seriously..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >