Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 exodusi1
Msg: 203
view profile
History
The Hillraisers just won't foldPage 7 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I don't think anyone who calls the Democratic Party the "Democrat Party" could be any kind of an authority on what goes on in the hearts and minds of Democrats!
 Strongdad
Msg: 204
The Hillraisers just won't fold
Posted: 8/11/2008 6:01:47 PM
Ha! Oh, are we doing "typo posts" now???? Bet I can find some, too!
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/11/2008 6:17:29 PM
Do you think 3 million is going to make or break anyone in this race? I don't see how it could.

Apparently you don't remember the 2000 election. There were less than 500,000 votes between the two candidates. And while it was one of those rare elections in which the electoral votes went contrary to the popular vote, it would be just as easy for someone to win with a 500,000 vote lead.

So to answer your question, 3 million votes can make a HUGE difference in the outcome. 3 million votes was the difference in the popular vote in Bush versus Kerry (51 percent for Bush and 48 percent for Kerry). A lot less than 3 million votes can make a difference.
 exodusi1
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 7:10:03 PM
MEA CULPA

I went through your history SD, didn't find a single case of your intentional incorrect spelling, so I apologize. No, I have typos as well. However, the "Democrat Party thing is an intentional one very often. It does not seem to be for you. . . I retract my earlier comment.

We may be on opposite sides of the political spectrum and our debates may be strong, but you have not crossed the line with me, so I don't desire to so so with you.
Sincerely,
Ex I
 Strongdad
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/11/2008 8:18:04 PM
I went through your history SD, didn't find a single case of your intentional incorrect spelling, so I apologize....."

No offense was taken nor is an apology necessary. But, I appreciate the gesture. Class act. When I mentioned the typo, I was honestly joking around. I am not exactly a professional typist, afterall!

Power to the people!

SD
 Strongdad
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/11/2008 8:23:14 PM
Suth....Amen, and amen!
 designingwoman
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 9:27:02 PM
My friend in Virginia is registering alot of new voters where he is.... BEWARE Republicans. Your days are OVER. The youth vote and new voters will be pivotal in this coming election!! Obama is going to win by a huge landslide!

GO OBAMA!!
 Strongdad
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/11/2008 11:21:46 PM
what i find sad about Hillary supporters is how some of them won't admit how racist they are ...they won't vote for Obama who is in the same party but rather vote for mc cain..wat kinda sh*t is that??

I can't tell you the joy it brings my heart to see democrats admitting that they are racists and bigots and sexists and misogynists!!!!! And, after trying to make America think it was the republicans, while pretending they were above it all.

Maybe the Obama fans are just sexists! Ever think of that???

Finally, Democrats are exposed for being the bigots they are. And, to think, we didn't need Fox News to do it!! No! They brillaintly did it to themselves!!!!

And, NOW here they come....whining and pissing and moaning about it!! Whew!!
 Strongdad
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/11/2008 11:30:17 PM
Where do "democrats admit that they are racists and bigots and sexists and misogynists"...by the way?

One....the post I replied to, was one of them.

Hillary and her surrogates have blasted Obama and his for being sexists, while Obama and his ilk have blasted Hillary and hers for being racists. It has gone on for months now.

Don't shoot me....I'm just the piano player.
 ManeRider
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:19:42 AM

I can't tell you the joy it brings my heart to see democrats admitting that they are racists and bigots and sexists and misogynists!!!!! And, after trying to make America think it was the republicans, while pretending they were above it all.
Maybe the Obama fans are just sexists! Ever think of that???
Finally, Democrats are exposed for being the bigots they are. And, to think, we didn't need Fox News to do it!! No! They brillaintly did it to themselves!!!!

Ah, SD, you know you didn't mean that. It's not Obama people who decided who was the nominee. The HIllraisers should be sueing Florida and Michigan instead of attempting to usurp Obama. It had nothing to do with bigotry.

Don't shoot me....I'm just the piano player.
BANG!!!
What's comical is many Hillraisers think they'll have a big to do come November, and those 3 million (laughable to even consider) are not going to have a pot to p!ss in or a window to throw it out of.
Given the tallies I saw during the primaries, McCain wouldn't stand a chance to either one of them, but considering Hill is now (ahem) BACKING Obama, the only question I can think of is....... What part are they NOT getting, ...... which part is giving them the trouble .........is it the N or the O?

There are boatloads of newly registered voters, mostly college kids who are not sitting by waiting to find out who everyone is electing, because they are realizing it's just as much their election as anyone elses, and those new voters are not likely to be MCCain supporters.

My my my.... well I'll say this.... it's good forum food!!!

vvvvvvvvvvvv to the post below, Lassie, if you're gullible enough to believe she's setting him up for some deliberate hoodwinking, well, it's 'yor' funeral. She want to beat McCain, plain, simple, and hard to swallow, I know. But, unless there's something substancial (ie; url's, Time magazine articles, youtube vid's, comments from her on her website, et al), I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. In no way has she suggested what you're contemplating, and if you think she's willing to give up her possibilites in this election for something yrs down the road, I'd say that's ineptly laughable and naive. That's a big pill to swallow. 4 more yrs with with "them" and they'd make it illegal just to "think" democratically.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:58:31 AM
I can't speak for the others but I'm now firmly declaring myself as Independent. I've lost my taste for the Democratic party after what went on during the primary.

Considering your posts in the past I doubt you ever had a taste for democrats. Rush might have convinced you to pretend so McLame has a weaker opponent but I know you would rather have a dictator telling women they can't choose what to do with their own bodies.

Hillraisers are just a bunch of men haters that fake democratic values.

Anything that let's you lie about democrats and make it appear as the truth seems to bring joy to your heart.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 217
Posted: 8/12/2008 5:29:35 AM
Wow this has denigrated into a catfight.

It's really very simple.

Hillraisers just don't think Obama is capable of running the country. I can't tell you what each and every one has in their heart, but given I did a fair amount of fundraising I didn't see any evidence of racism among them.

Actual Hillraisers are individuals who raised more than $100 K for Hillary Clinton. There are only a few hundred of us-- but I think the term Hillraiser has now been extrapolated to all Democratic voters who won't support Obama.

Hillraisers think Obama lacks experience, and has questionable judgment given his long and close personal associations with bigots and criminals.

Some Hillraisers are also extremely upset at perceived sexism during Hillary's run.

I even know a few BLACK Hillraisers who didn't jump on the Obama bandwagon.

It is the group of Hillraisers who think Obama is UNQUALIFIED who refuse to support him, and many of those will be voting for McCain.

Not all Hillraisers are WOMEN, many are MEN. So are we calling these men misogynists?

Now claws in folks.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 10:35:33 AM

label them "men haters"
tell them that they have "fake democratic values"

excuse me, but....
how is this reaction to dissent any different than what we went through in the last 7+ years?

OK, I'll admit the hillraisers may not all be men haters, but I have to say, the ones I've met are. When meeting hilraisers I ask if they would vote for a republican over a democrat if the republican was a woman and they've admitted any woman would be better than a man.
It was wrong to assume they're all the same.

However, if they did have democratic values, they would choose to support the democratic choice and support the guy that has the most support.
 Strongdad
Msg: 219
Posted: 8/12/2008 10:40:47 AM
When meeting hilraisers I ask if they would vote for a republican over a democrat if the republican was a woman and they've admitted any woman would be better than a man.

When meeting Obamanites I ask if they would vote for a republican if the republican was a black man and they have admitted any black man would be better than a white.
 faith2565
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:39:15 PM
Hillary really looks bad. She does not care about the country just her ego. She needs to stop before she is sitting with Jesse Jackson and Rev.Wright on the side of the curb.

=====================================
Will Clinton's name go into nomination? Stay tuned
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Sen. Hillary Clinton could put her name in nomination at Democratic convention
Candidates in past have contested nomination at the convention
No one in recent years has endorsed opponent, then put name in nomination
At past conventions, some delegates have voted for fictional characters

By Keating Holland
CNN Polling Director

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- If Sen. Hillary Clinton's name is placed in nomination in Denver, Colorado, this year, it wouldn't be the first time that a candidate was beaten in the primaries and still formally contested the nomination at the convention.

Sen. Hillary Clinton can win votes from delegates at the convention even if her name isn't placed in nomination.

But it would be the first time in the modern era of presidential primaries that a losing candidate has so visibly endorsed an opponent so many months before the convention, and then gone on to have his or her name placed in nomination.

Clinton can still win votes from delegates at the Democratic National Convention even if her name is not placed in nomination. Delegates are free to vote for anyone they want to at the convention.

At past conventions, delegates have even been known to vote for fictional characters (Archie Bunker) and dead people (George Orwell).

It's likely that Clinton will pick up some votes unless Sen. Barack Obama is nominated by acclamation. ................
=================================
Obama 08
 faith2565
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 7:45:02 PM
The Hillraisers days have come to an end. Just like the Ron Paul fanatics.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 226
Posted: 8/14/2008 6:36:46 AM
At this point the only usefulness the Hillraisers have is to derail the campaign of Barack Obama. Regardless of what they do in Denver, or elsewhere, Hillary will not be the nominee.

However, just getting rid of Obama will be well worth it in my book -- even if it winds up derailing Hillary's career forever in the process.

It's just untenable that we could have a US President in the modern age with no experience for the job, and quite a few questionable personal associations.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:17:11 AM
OK the hillrasers get their pacifier and
Hillary will get her name into nomination.

Maybe they will be able to grow up after Hillary loses there too.

Obama came out with millions in the bank and Hillary came out with 22 million in debt.

The democrats can't nominate another candidate that doesn't care about fiscal responsibility.

I guess the democrats need a positive way to tell her to shut up.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 228
Posted: 8/14/2008 10:33:14 AM
Simmah --

I agree that the learning curve is big regardless of who takes the oath of office, but someone who's had long service in Congress at least knows how it works.

Someone who's been a governor has in essence been the President of his or her state.

Obama's experience has been primarily as a community organizer and the Illinois Senate.

Tell me, what gives Obama MORE experience than my butcher or mailman? I really love those guys, we even agree on politics, but I still don't think either of them would make a good President.

Why do you think Obama -- who has no more experience than my butcher and mailman -- does?
 oddandy
Msg: 229
Posted: 8/14/2008 10:46:48 AM

Both are globalists, but if I have no choice but to choose a globalist, I'm going to choose a PATRIOTIC globalist.

You don't have to choose 1 of the two globalists running. You've already accepted defeatism and being told who your leaders are to be. Hell, why bother voting if that's how you feel about it?

"Patriotic globalist." Is that anything like "military intelligence?"
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 230
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:33:38 PM
My boat isn't leaking, and even it it were sharks don't bother me -- professional
courtesy. Hillary isn't back in. She's just getting her name placed in nomination to "placate"
the Hillraisers. I don't know why they're bothering, because doing that is not going
to make those who don't like Obama vote for him.

Obama doesn't have a whole lot of power over the situation though, and this mess
will probably keep him from getting the "bump" he wants from the convention.

The police are preparing for riots, building temporary jails and "free speech zones"
away from the convention.

My guess is it's going to be a big mess with the riots getting more press than the
convention. This will hopefully be good for McCain. The Russia mess sure is.
 faith2565
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:55:02 PM
Hillary is going out to pastor with pride.
 Strongdad
Msg: 232
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:38:57 PM
LOL. She is dating a pastor??

Oooooh....you mean, she is going out to pasture? Like a cow?

That is so mean. Poor Hillary.
 faith2565
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:05:48 PM
He will be elected. Hillary looks like a poor sport. I do not think there will be riots. But, this needs to come to an end. Obama's ratings are going to improve, because he takes the high road.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:38:32 AM

Most of the reasons have to do with Obama's shady background, his radical friends and ties, his embracing of globalism, the fact that none of us trust him, and the fact that many of us prefer McCain to him because we see McCain as being more trustworthy, tougher, and definitely more experienced. Both are globalists, but if I have no choice but to choose a globalist, I'm going to choose a PATRIOTIC globalist.

There now. Simple enough, I would think...but yet you'll still insist that we're either racist, man-haters, quasi closet Republicans, or something else that allows you to box us up neatly into a perception that you want to hold, instead of believing what the hell we tell you!

I already apologized painting all hillraisers as man hatters.

I should have just said they're paranoid maybe.
No, I should just say you are exhibiting paranoia.
Specific targeted paranoia.

You don't question McCain's associations in the past with guys that love to brag about sexual conquests, his associations with North Viet Nam and keeping POW records hidden, his association by marriage to mob figures, his associations to campaign teams he had to dump to prevent rumors of nefarious associations, his associations with the lobbyists in his own campaign that care only about big money, etc. etc. etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >