Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spitfire6844
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Are most guys only into one night stands?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
OP: Your second guess is probably right. Women who have hit paydirt are posting their successes less frequently than the women who have concerns about a connection which didn't work out.

And I agree about the one-night stands. For a guy, it usually just means that a particular date wasn't worth repeating. Doesn't mean that most guys are only into one-night stands.
 Scott_Vegas
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Are most guys only into one night stands?
Posted: 5/12/2009 8:52:38 PM
Most of my relationships go sexual pretty quickly, but I'm not a fan of one night stands. Sure, if time, geography, or circumstances conspire against you, one night may be all you get. If so, make the most of it and perhaps you will come out of it with a treasured memory. If you do have time, why end it at one night only?

If I decide I want to sleep with a woman, I usually am attracted to her on many different levels. There will be real affection there. After the first night (assuming all went welll), why in the hell wouldn't I want to spend more time with her. Its only after you have been together a couple of times that you can truly learn the secret desires, fantasies, and dreams of your partner, and then go about trying to make those a reality for her. Thats when sex really takes off
 buckmaker
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:33:23 PM
I know this is gonna be a shock but there are women out there who only want one night because they're cheating or the man just turns their crank and they have other things that they need to do full time. Women say a lot of platitudes but, they can be as spontaeneous as most men. The key is not the play but the actors. It's you not them.
 kms_19
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 9:29:04 PM
Personally, I believe in a consenting one-night-stand. Put it out in the open before she 'opens up'. Could really spare any of the drama that might entail. Otherwise, if such a thing isn't brought up before, i'd just casually ask whether or not she wants to see me again (if staying over night, I would take that as a... 'better' sign) since if it happened in a drunken stupor, it could end up being one of those 'what the hell...' nights, and you both just go your own way after without much care. Depends on the situation, but in the end, I prefer honesty. If we click on the first night, yeah, I would love to go out again.
 kpooks
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 9:43:12 PM
I'm into twice-a-week stands with the same girl. Yes, I want to keep coming back for more. We keep learning, growing spiritually and trying new things. Too much anxiety in the one-night-stand for me.
 GQSunset
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:03:54 PM
The women that are complaining about one night stands have far too high expectations and have nothing more to offer. Find a beautiful ( beauty being in the eye of the beholder of course ) who can cook good, knows how to iron, has a job, has a car, has her own place, no kids ( or great kids ) and is not a demanding witch and you will find a woman with more marriage proposals than fingers to put the diamonds on.
Realisticly the sad truth in dating nowadays is that ( men ) and women just don't really have anything serious to offer except debt,hangups,issues,baggage, and bad sex. Back to school everyone and focus on the real skills needed to make each other happy and not the fantasies that abound making everyone miserable.
 GQSunset
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/16/2009 12:49:48 PM
Funny how men prefer a tender steak but like their vaginas tough! -lol
 milklover
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/2/2009 3:19:19 PM
I don't like one night stands. I never knew this though until it happened. I met someone online and talked to them for a while. She kept hinting towards meeting and having fun. I developed an attraction to her physically and from the conversations. She came over one night, and i could immediately tell she just wanted to have sex. We did, and then she left. That was it. That's all she wanted, even though i wanted more than sex. I felt like a POS, and it was a bit depressing. Now i know that i don't like one night stands.
 kiff256
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/4/2009 9:03:39 AM
if someone ends up in a one night stand, i personally feel they have no one to blame but themselves. i have no issue with people having sex if they both are in agreement. yet, if u sleep with someone and barely know them and their intentions, u risk what comes along with that decision.
 wacowboy3
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/5/2009 6:56:11 AM
I can't say what every other male on here is looking for, but personally, I am looking for way more than a one night stand. I will admit that when I was young, I did , but it didnt take long to decide that meangless sex was boring . I want to make love not have sex.
 catman50
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/5/2009 11:15:20 AM
You meet her today and it leaves you wanting MORE . I want her for more then one night .
 RobertKoi
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/5/2009 5:07:40 PM
"You meet her today and it leaves you wanting MORE . I want her for more then one night."
--------
Exactly. One time isn't enough unless if was just plain bad. But if it was a ONS for her and nothing else, then obviously there won't be a second time.
 vapeninsula
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 5:40:53 PM
I've had women take advantage of me by only having a one message stand. I guess they don't want the email commitment.
 jacob8088
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:43:07 AM
I don't care much for one night stands. Unless of course she happens to be a single mother.
 deerdog1
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/10/2010 8:20:44 AM
I think the difference is there are just as many guys out there as women who go out with people on a date ...and there is no chemistry ... the woman just dont appeal to him ...the difference is the guy will take sex any way ... if it is the woman who is not impressed sex usually dont happen ... and dont be fooled by these people who say they dont put out on the first date .. most people if there is chemistry they will give it up ..how do I know this ??? well when I was dating more first dates than not I got lucky ...now I would like to think that it is me and that I am just irresistible but ..in reality what I think is that there are really just a lot of lonely people out there who are hungry for emotional and yes psychical contact ...so if there is a spark then she will likely come off the booty ....and he will give it up whether there is a spark or not .. however if she feel a spark and he dont ..he wont be back for more ...if he feels the spark and she dont sex wont happen at all and he will be on here talking about what teases women are
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/10/2010 4:13:27 PM
Well, I've known lots of women that after sex on a 1st night meeting seemed content to just carry on afterward with their life. Not seeking any commitment, and not wanting any in return. The motto is, women want one night stands to!
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2010 5:19:01 AM
Sadly I do think most guys would like a one night thing. The guys I have met, are either out to get physical with me with no regard to me, or are not interested in me at all. Either way, in reality, they are not really interested in me. One night stands are so superfiscial and meaningless. I am not into one night flings or guys who only want sex for a physical moment to sastify their own needs. I have desires too of sexual fulfillment. I want sex in a REAL, mutually, caring, loving, and on going relationship, with a SANE man, of the type I described in my profile.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/11/2010 5:57:55 PM
Cat*Eyes... Your kidding yourself! The men you meet that you say are after sex and want it from you, there interested in you. Their just not interested in you the way you would like them to be. A few women I was with were only after sex, as I showed an interest in pursuing more than sex. But they were content with only remaining friends at most. I would see them again courting other men for the same reasons. You should just be glad men are interested in you at all and not complain. I've known others like you (same complaint), I kid you not when they were not getting much or any attention from men, they were mad about that.
 naturallydeselected
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/12/2010 8:07:16 AM
Most guys with profiles aren't writing their profiles to land a woman and be in a relationship with them. The profiles are written for the sole purpose of manipulating the woman into thinking that's what they want and are seeking. If the woman is attractive enough they will "wait it out" until the woman gives into sex. Once that conquest is over then it becomes a matter of them weighing their future options with other "prospects" they have in their inbox and if you're not at the top of their list don't expect a callback unless it's a booty call.

Profiles on sites like these are like resumes, they are meticulously written to sell themselves better than they actually are in hopes of landing a job... unfortunately the "job" here is between women's legs. Everyone wants to get hired, but not everyone who is employed likes where they work so they seek better jobs.

I read these profiles and I can't help but laugh at most of them.
 Helloitsmeyourlookingfor
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/17/2012 11:27:07 AM
Plenty of married women on here too. Just as many women want to play as men. The men just tend to be more open about it.
Its like the rest of the world... bar scene, grocery store.... if you choose not to get to know the person first..... that's on you.
 dondea
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:01:50 PM
Thank you POF Judge RomanticArtist for your off topic remarks on one night stands! Someone must have stirred your Wheaties to bring up an old thread and comment on it off topic. BTW: Married people are allowed to participate in the forums just as you divorced people are even though you do not agree with it. There is no need to bash any married people on POF.

OT: I agree with most of the previous posters that it's not just the men (including the married ones) who want or initiate one-night stands. If there is some sort of chemistry between two ADULTS, it can happen regardless of whether the guy or gal or both initiates it. Throughout my life and the interactions I have had in the past, it's been about 50/50.
 shygirl413
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/17/2012 1:18:44 PM
not at all most guys I meet want to get married.. I never met a guy who wanted a one night stand actually .. they all get serious way to fast and scare me away...
 Nstram
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 3:34:35 AM
Honestly I don't even have any friends that are into one night stands... I mean some of them just want a strictly physical relationship sure, that's normal around my age range. But why limit yourself to one night? it doesn't make sense.. especially because the first time with anyone is usually a little awkward.

OH there is another option: something happened during sex that scared the guy away from coming back. Definitely a possibility.
 forums_gal
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/18/2012 4:03:56 PM
I'm sure some are. I wouldn't necessarily say most though.
 MikeWM
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 4:48:14 PM
I think most people are only into one night stands at certain points in their lives. But not all will either admit thats all they want or even act on it

Where the genders DO differ though is that I think women are far more likely to lie about it than men, even to themselves

So even if both people ONLY wanted a one night stand it will only be the woman trying to feign wholesomeness and claim that for her it was "love at first sight" and the cad of a bloke used her and discarded her yadda yadda blah de blah to try and keep face and avoid being stigmatised by peoples rather silly double standards or even her own conflicting viewpoints
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >