Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are most guys only into one night stands?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Are most guys only into one night stands?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Sadly I do think most guys would like a one night thing. The guys I have met, are either out to get physical with me with no regard to me, or are not interested in me at all. Either way, in reality, they are not really interested in me. One night stands are so superfiscial and meaningless. I am not into one night flings or guys who only want sex for a physical moment to sastify their own needs. I have desires too of sexual fulfillment. I want sex in a REAL, mutually, caring, loving, and on going relationship, with a SANE man, of the type I described in my profile.
 Bobis35
Msg: 113
Are most guys only into one night stands?
Posted: 6/11/2010 5:39:49 AM

No, not most, not at all, some folks are, just like some folks are not into one night stands. They can be fun, but I don't really see the point in them. But at the same time, sometimes they are hard to turn down, sadly. You live and learn.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/11/2010 6:41:19 AM

Well the funny thing is my three friends who only want a one night conquest are cleaning up. As much sex as they can handle. Ok, they have zero standards, but they are also scoring some very hot women too.

Really? and when you figure its said men can have sex freely and society claims women can't be that way...it makes you wonder.

Who are these men having sex with?..........lol, someone has a lot of explaining to do, and this is why you cannot believe surveys where the participants answer the questions.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/11/2010 5:57:55 PM
Cat*Eyes... Your kidding yourself! The men you meet that you say are after sex and want it from you, there interested in you. Their just not interested in you the way you would like them to be. A few women I was with were only after sex, as I showed an interest in pursuing more than sex. But they were content with only remaining friends at most. I would see them again courting other men for the same reasons. You should just be glad men are interested in you at all and not complain. I've known others like you (same complaint), I kid you not when they were not getting much or any attention from men, they were mad about that.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/12/2010 6:14:35 AM
^^^^most people post responces based on their own experiences...I believe thats to be expected.

However...I can't imagine why anyone would want to have one night of sex with her and just disappear.

Hell, I would come around at least three times a week....I could use the extra sleep.
 naturallydeselected
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/12/2010 8:07:16 AM
Most guys with profiles aren't writing their profiles to land a woman and be in a relationship with them. The profiles are written for the sole purpose of manipulating the woman into thinking that's what they want and are seeking. If the woman is attractive enough they will "wait it out" until the woman gives into sex. Once that conquest is over then it becomes a matter of them weighing their future options with other "prospects" they have in their inbox and if you're not at the top of their list don't expect a callback unless it's a booty call.

Profiles on sites like these are like resumes, they are meticulously written to sell themselves better than they actually are in hopes of landing a job... unfortunately the "job" here is between women's legs. Everyone wants to get hired, but not everyone who is employed likes where they work so they seek better jobs.

I read these profiles and I can't help but laugh at most of them.
 Helloitsmeyourlookingfor
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/17/2012 11:27:07 AM
Plenty of married women on here too. Just as many women want to play as men. The men just tend to be more open about it.
Its like the rest of the world... bar scene, grocery store.... if you choose not to get to know the person first..... that's on you.
 dondea
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:01:50 PM
Thank you POF Judge RomanticArtist for your off topic remarks on one night stands! Someone must have stirred your Wheaties to bring up an old thread and comment on it off topic. BTW: Married people are allowed to participate in the forums just as you divorced people are even though you do not agree with it. There is no need to bash any married people on POF.

OT: I agree with most of the previous posters that it's not just the men (including the married ones) who want or initiate one-night stands. If there is some sort of chemistry between two ADULTS, it can happen regardless of whether the guy or gal or both initiates it. Throughout my life and the interactions I have had in the past, it's been about 50/50.
 shygirl413
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/17/2012 1:18:44 PM
not at all most guys I meet want to get married.. I never met a guy who wanted a one night stand actually .. they all get serious way to fast and scare me away...
 Nstram
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 3:34:35 AM
Honestly I don't even have any friends that are into one night stands... I mean some of them just want a strictly physical relationship sure, that's normal around my age range. But why limit yourself to one night? it doesn't make sense.. especially because the first time with anyone is usually a little awkward.

OH there is another option: something happened during sex that scared the guy away from coming back. Definitely a possibility.
 forums_gal
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/18/2012 4:03:56 PM
I'm sure some are. I wouldn't necessarily say most though.
 MikeWM
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 4:48:14 PM
I think most people are only into one night stands at certain points in their lives. But not all will either admit thats all they want or even act on it

Where the genders DO differ though is that I think women are far more likely to lie about it than men, even to themselves

So even if both people ONLY wanted a one night stand it will only be the woman trying to feign wholesomeness and claim that for her it was "love at first sight" and the cad of a bloke used her and discarded her yadda yadda blah de blah to try and keep face and avoid being stigmatised by peoples rather silly double standards or even her own conflicting viewpoints
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are most guys only into one night stands?