Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Do you date interracially?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CoilyAmazon
Msg: 26
Do you date interracially? Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Some of the ignorance on this site amuses me. Although for the most part people have been pretty adult about this issue and MUCH thanks to you all for that.

But to answer the OP:

I do.

If I have to pin point a time frame I would say for nearly 15 years now.

My family is so mixed that no one is shocked to see a different skin color walk through the door.

I live in Dayton Ohio, I'm kinda tall so I always get stares... Its hard to tell if they are staring because I'm tall, or if they are staring because "wow, there's a tall chick with an even taller dude!" I think it would be pretty paranoid thinking on my behalf to assume that people are staring because I'm with a man of a different color than myself.

In recently years, men of other races have been bolder about approaching and I think the Internet has had a lot to do with that. And to be honest, I enjoy it! I love the experience of different cultures on a friendship basis as well as romantic and am finding out my preferences as far as that is concerned. Bottom line... I am interested in the man, not the packaging.
 bldrnnr67
Msg: 27
Do you date interracially?
Posted: 9/16/2008 10:13:22 PM
As the lyrics go..."free your mind, be colorblind."

I've always answered that question with, "My race is human, if you are outside of that, I'd have to think about it."

I've dated a very wide variety of backgrounds and ethnic makeups over the years. Family hasn't always approved of most the things of done, including my first marriage. I'm more interested in my happiness, however, and whoever I am dating than what my family thinks. In the end they still love me, even if I'm a bit eccentric and more open minded.
 faith2565
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 2:34:25 PM
Honestly, I have only dated black men on a serious level.

I have gone out with other men. If my sons were to marry outside of the race it would not bother me at all.

I have one sister and two step sisters and two step brothers. I am the only one that has dated only black men seriously. I often wonder what would it be like if I would open my mind. My entire life is and has been interracial.

I guess I have not met anyone outside of my race that made me just stop.

But, then I have been practicing celibacy for almost 10 years, so I am not the one to ask. I have been so busy going to school, raising my sons and living life. My sons tell me it is time to step outside. They are going to put me on a television show and force me to date.

Have a blessed day!
 jb1966
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/19/2008 2:03:04 AM
no i would not.i dont belive in it.if the lord wanted us to date interracally he would have mad one race.
 joeblackwaco
Msg: 30
view profile
History
p
Posted: 9/19/2008 10:42:26 AM
then you my dear r a real lady
 TexRodeoGirl
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 8:50:42 PM

no i would not.i dont belive in it.if the lord wanted us to date interracally he would have mad one race.

what? thank goodness ignorance isn't a sin
 afishinanagrinin
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/19/2008 10:01:52 PM
If you do, then you do. If you don't, then you don't. It really matters to what one wants to do. We do what we do. That's life. I do what I do, and that's what matters to me. Good luck to what you want to do.
 positivelycomplete
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 3:05:57 PM
Not really. I'm 3/4 white boy, 1/4 hispanic, so either of those is a comfort zone, probably in that ratio too. It's been a long time since I've dated outside of those two, and haven't post divorce.

I'm not color blind with regards to dating, it takes a little more exceptional of a woman to get my attention when the woman's a different race.
 Matt_R79
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/11/2008 10:32:50 AM
I really like girls of other races, especially the chocolate ones(they are addictive). My family would most likely have a problem with it and that would/will be something they will have to get over if they want me in their life. I have liked black girls since middle and high school and even though it may not be the most popular thing or whatever, love should know no color. We all bleed red and even though cultural backgrounds are very much different, they are also very much similar a lot of the time. I'm not rich, I know what its like to be used and I know the value of a hard days work. I am currently single and would really prefer to have a relationship with a girl/lady/woman of color.
 Whism
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/12/2008 4:43:57 PM
No I do not, my body, my space, my life, my preference, can't be talked out of my preferences or into changing my mind.
 afishinanagrinin
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/12/2008 8:02:12 PM
You go girl. You do what you like. What you are comfortable with is alright. It's you. Joe.
 zerocool325
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/17/2008 2:07:51 PM
Nothing, cultural background, looks , education, money.... nothing
matters so much as a bright light upstairs and some wit to package it
correctly. Nothing is sexier than the mind.
I have went out with some of the nicest hispanics, blacks and whites. At the same time I have gone on dates with some of the trashiest. It's not in the race. It is in the person and their parental upbringing.
 sscamarogirl
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:22:37 PM
i never have personally.. my sister does and it really doesn't seem to be a big deal as i know have a nephew of mix race and he is totally a knock out!! I would consider it if i found the right guy i suppose.. i'm up for anyone who would treat me like the lady i am. i dont think its the color that makes the man its how he choose to present himself .
 CozySpot4u
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/18/2008 1:16:11 PM
Oh Hell No -- I'd NEVER partake in "Speed Dating"! Kidding aside -- it just depends on the degree of cultural differences. If it's like Oil and Water, then what's the use?
 TxSweetness214
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/24/2008 9:40:52 PM
Yes I have always dated interracially I have beautiful bi-racial children. It has just been my preference..
My family is intermingled as well so its never been a issue. I also teach my kids that they have a choice of who they date its the person not the color of their skin..

I have lived in Dallas all my life until I came here to Houston 5 yrs ago. I grew up on the south side of dallas and when I started dating I was nto uncomfortable with who I was with..Sometimes they wold be uncomfortable with how people looked at us, but it never bothered me I got over it along time ago..
 WhiteMen4Me
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/8/2008 6:11:05 PM
I have always dated white men exclusively. However, since I moved to East Texas, it has been very difficult to find an intelligent, professional white man to date - go figure
 wmburden
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2008 7:03:35 PM
1) Yes
2) It's just so happened that every relationship I've been in has been one...so I guess you can say for 6 years.
3) The reaction is mostly good, but erring on the side of caution at times.
4) I don't know about how it's like in Dallas, but in NYC it's viewed like any other couple. Of course people will stare for longer because it looks "different" but otherwise I haven't thought of it as a big deal.
 faith2565
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:08:23 AM
Well I guess I must go on a date.
 ShabbiKid
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/16/2008 1:12:09 PM
Do you date interracially? Of course I do!

no i would not.i dont belive in it.if the lord wanted us to date interracally he would have mad one race

Some of the ignorance on this site amuses me. Although for the most part people have been pretty adult about this issue and MUCH thanks to you all for that.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!
 UtopianStar
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/17/2008 7:14:42 PM
I continue to date interacially... and my family supports me with whom ever I choose to date. They are more concerned on how that person treats me rather than their race. My family is now so racially diversified that you'd be hard pressed to figure out if someone was just of friends or family. My great grandfather is white, others in my family are either mixed, married to someone of another race, or whatever. I am greatful to have my family.

I don't like to consider their race as much as the quality of guy that he is. Race should never be a deciding factor to whom you are going to spend the rest of your life with. But as with preference to not date obese individuals, short or thin, race could be considered... if you are not truely attacted to that person you should leave well enough alone.
 BethNClearLake
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:05:54 AM
Do you date interracially? Yes. Men are Men, color of their skin is not an issue. How they treat me is what is most important.

How long have you dated interracially? Since I can remember, married outside my race back in 89, in Alabama no doubt.

Has your family's reaction been good, bad, or ugly? My family has no problems with it at all.

If you've lived/worked in other places, is Dallas like most other places in terms of the reception you get when you appear together as a couple? I was married in Alabama, to a man outside of my race. I will never forget going to late night breakfast with my husband at the time and his friends, they all got up and went to the breakfast bar, over walks this older man (late 60's or early 70's) leaned down beside and whispered to me " you are a disgrace to your race" and spit on me. That just made me more determined to be who I am and be happy with who I choose.

Life is too short.
 funtxguy75
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/28/2008 9:55:05 AM
I am not picky because you never know who is actually the perfect one for you. I cant say I have dated all races but I would not be opposed to it either, you never know.
 wadexoxo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 8:27:28 PM
Do you date interracially? Yes
How long have you dated interracially? for about 15 years
Has your family's reaction been good, bad, or ugly? Who Cares!! It's my life
If you've lived/worked in other places, is Dallas like most other places in terms of the reception you get when you appear together as a couple? I and hopefully my counterpart could care less about what others think, or say or the look. The best way to deal with these people who have personal problems is to glance at them, and smile.. They don't know how to handle this.
 faith2565
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:48:34 AM
I am thinking seriously about it.
 Goliath02
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/10/2009 11:57:12 AM
I dont date interracially belive that GOD doesnt wont that. And for all the ppl who do hey thats you. I have had alot of black and mexican girls ask me out and I went out but I told them justto hang out. I hope that the girls and guys here that just date blacks will go back to dating white guys to. But if not owell. AND thats that
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Do you date interracially?