Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What the heck?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thecurefaith
Msg: 1
What the heck?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I am getting a little frustrated with this site, i have been on here for almost a year and i can barely get any women to respond to my messages.

I don't understand this if you are looking for a man wouldn't it behoove you to answer messages?

Maybe i'm doing something wrong but i can't figure out what i can handle rejection and i would rather get the "your not my type" than nothing at all right now.

I have seriously considered deleting my profile cause this site stresses me out quite a bit and i would rather just be single and wait for the right woman than to put up with all this.

I'm sorry if i'm being overly negative but i had to get this off my chest.
 IamMatthew
Msg: 2
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:30:55 PM
I would venture to say that I am not a Lady, but I would venture to say you are more then likely just takeing this as you're only means of connection and that could lead you to a bar like stuper. Take a break freshen up the profile and keep it possitive and go out and meet some one at a club/bar/ coffe house... or just where ever people are, My point it really sound like you need some "social fresh air" I hope you understand what I am saying is for support not critisism!

Good luck mate!
 thecurefaith
Msg: 3
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:33:16 PM
If i could understand what you said completely it would help... i think?
Are you saying i need to get a life? lol
that would be nice if i could afford to go out to a bar everynight.
 thecurefaith
Msg: 4
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:34:11 PM
So all these girls that i message don't find me attractive? ouch !

There was even one girl who added me to her favorites but wont answer my messages... thats bizzare.
 thecurefaith
Msg: 5
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:44:05 PM
Not looking for games so i guess i'm just gonna delete my profile cause i don't like how women act on here and it makes me very angry that people are so selfish and short sighted.

I would respond to any woman that was nice enough to message me no matter how unattractive i thought they were.
 thecurefaith
Msg: 6
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:46:57 PM
I'm pretty sure i'm not that desperate, i just was taught manners by my parents and if someone takes the time to message me i would respond back.
 thecurefaith
Msg: 7
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:51:45 PM
I'm just saying sending messages and messages and not getting a response makes me think there is something wrong with me
when it obviously not just me cause it's happening to a lot of guys so i'm just gonna go back to" not looking" and just enjoy life and try to improve on myself not for anyone else but to make my life happier and better.

I don't like people calling me desperate either.

I was recommended to this site by a friend.
 thecurefaith
Msg: 8
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:52:37 PM
Wow thanks i guess your pretty brave considering you don't even have a picture on here huh?
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 9
view profile
History
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:54:54 PM
I'd suggest going to the Profile Reviews folder. It needs a makeover.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 10
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:55:49 PM
~OP~ Like it or not, who we are looking for usually isn't who is looking for us. My guess is: you are writing to women you are attracted to, not taking into consideration that they may not be attracted to you. Sad as it is, it happens to each and every one of us. When it gets too much in here, get the hell off the computer and into the real world. There is no doubt, I do much better out there than in here. And I think most of my long-time friends here would agree. Good luck.
 thecurefaith
Msg: 11
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:57:15 PM
Thanks Greeneyez
 thecurefaith
Msg: 12
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:59:03 PM
I am not currently looking to date anyone. I tried to give you constructive advice, and you did not want it.
I wanted constructive advice but you didn't give it and i don't for a second believe anyone who hangs out on a dating site is not looking for someone.

Try again please.
 Superninjapanda76
Msg: 13
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:59:10 PM
Yes I agree, the Guru Pitka couldn't have said it better himself.
 thecurefaith
Msg: 14
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:15:29 PM
How do i delete my profile? this place is for the birds
 thecurefaith
Msg: 15
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:16:28 PM
Mizq you need to **** off and die ok? i bet your an ugly skank who has no friends
 thecurefaith
Msg: 16
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:20:52 PM
and with that attitude you are going to be attracting the women like crazy. You cannot take constructive criticism but would rather just whine and feel sorry for yourself. You tell me if that has been working so far. I am a mother, I believe in tough love. I tried to give you some, and your true attitude surfaced. Good luck with that.
Author: thecurefaith

No actually you were rude and condescending and i respect most women but i dont respect all women cause some of them don't deserve it
 thecurefaith
Msg: 17
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:23:50 PM
k, Opie...for telling you to get a profile review I was rude and condescending. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck to you.
No you freaking idiot you called me desperate.
 thecurefaith
Msg: 18
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:24:59 PM
Don't worry guy, you are OK. Why do you think these people are alone? Huh? Why? Just like that ?....Where is the "love" they once had? Huh? Where? Its gone with the wind...gone....for some of them...FOREVER. And believe me...many of these women had a lot to choose from....a LOT. But no matter what....thay are still alone.

Yeah i love some of these posters on here crack me up.
 xeot
Msg: 19
view profile
History
What the heck?
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:06:48 PM
Welcome to online dating. All I can say is get used to it or learn not to care if you hear back or not.

I figure a guy who fits 90% of what is written in a woman's profile can write her and he'll maybe have a 2% chance of getting a reply. That's just the way it is.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What the heck?