Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 platypus_man
Msg: 24
view profile
History
men what do you think of??Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Counseling is a LOT more than "just talking about it." They guide you to where your real blocks are, and underlying issues; and guide you through working them out. In the end, all of the answers are yours; but a lot of the artificial, or old, garbage is knocked out of the way.

In the end, some of the answers are our own, but some we do get from others. But 'therapy' is not a cure all; we don't get to 'work out our issues' and become completely free from things that happened to us in the past. Some 'issues' ARE forever, no matter how much we wish they would go away. While modern medicine would like people to believe that they can 'fix' everything, they really can't. The best you can do, is cope with what's happened to yourself, and it doesn't always mean becoming what everyone else thinks you should be. Gypsy came here to ask a question (though she probably already knows the answer), most likely looking for some support for her position on various sexual opinions; that said, yes, Gypsy, there are plenty of men in this world who aren't interested in either oral or anal sex. But with each activity you eliminate from prospective mates, the percentages of finding someone who will be interested in you lowers as well. So, just be up front about it in your profile, and those of us who are still interested will make themselves known.
 guyot
Msg: 25
view profile
History
men what do you think of??
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:07:31 AM
It would be fine with me. I much prefer to have my head closer to her head, and really like time spent face to face. It feels like there is more real person to person communication that way.

Why do some of the posters make such quick judgments about other people's preferences?

-Gray
 DoughStacks
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/23/2008 12:33:21 PM
It would be a problem for me since I love both giving and receiving.
 windloverr
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 1:17:37 PM
Just_for_Forums, good idea giving her complete control. Persoanlly, I was a bit surprised she is good with the bondage thing. There's always a lot more to it than what you see on the surface.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >