Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Selkirk
Msg: 207
view profile
History
WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?Page 3 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
... what sailguy said.
 bellazingara
Msg: 210
view profile
History
WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?
Posted: 1/27/2008 8:21:26 PM

SHOW ME WHERE THEY ARE!!!!!!

LOL.... I would love to meet a woman 25-38, single, no kids, half assed together...

Line 'em Up!!

I'm over here! LOL
 dkhoney
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2008 2:15:40 AM
It is always interesting to me that a woman in her 30's who used appropriate birth control so as not to have to deal with an unplanned pregnancy or STD in her teens and twenties somehow morphs into a failure in her thirties for not having reproduced. How does that happen?
 Fifi47
Msg: 226
Posted: 2/5/2008 2:24:13 PM
hook up with teachers, lots of us have not been married and dont have kids.
 lilmslefty
Msg: 236
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:44:35 AM
Hey there, soul seductive. Just wanted to let you know that I'm a woman over 30 who has never been married (came close twice) and is childfree by choice. We are out there, just gotta find us.
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 239
Posted: 4/4/2008 5:28:33 PM

have met up with lots of preconceived crap about how a woman my age should be settled down with a husband and have kids!!!! well, i say it's all in how we want out lives to be, not all women will be mothers, not all men will be fathers! but that does not make us any less human. the times are changing and we should all be allowed to be who we are, not what others expect us to be.

The key to human happiness hasn't changed, only your masters telling you it has via gov't / media. (a long story about profiting from our misery.)

At the end of the day, we need each other, men and women. With the right attitude (something hard to learn in western society) we can make each other very happy / fulfilled.
 Audial Liaison
Msg: 241
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:18:26 PM
FAILURE????

OMG thats a blessing, im 30, i certainly dont want to have children and all i ever encounter is women who want to have them. instant dealbreaker.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 242
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:29:25 PM
I certainly don't feel like a failure. tell you what else... my birth control doesn't feel like a failure either. In fact, my methods are pretty pleased with themselves.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 244
Posted: 4/5/2008 7:40:35 AM

Where the hell is she because I'd like to meet her.

Right here.

One of them anyway. I know there's more.
 Spider Hunter
Msg: 253
Posted: 4/14/2008 10:31:56 AM
Just because some people don't want to get married or decide not to have kids how does that make them a failure...not in my eyes
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 8:37:49 PM
Wow so just because I'm over 30, not married, and do not have kids I'm a failure? Geesh I sure don't FEEL like one...

Brat
 2HEDZ
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 10:35:13 AM
incredible how you can create a whole thread out of a rhetorical question.
 borntoski683
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:19:58 PM
If your desire was to remain childless, then you are a slamming success story and kudos to you. If in your heart you always wanted to have children, and you're in your 40's with none, then yea, you kinda blew it. But...its not all that bad...there are lots of people in our boat(I'm childless too). This is very common in our generation. People pursued other things in life instead of marriage and family. That makes them successful in those other areas, albiet...perhaps a failure in terms of family life (IF that was an actual goal that we had...many people have no intention of ever having a family and power to them too)....there is no right or wrong answer. Whatever makes you happy.

I do tend to think, however, that there are quite a few women that actually did put family on hold, thinking they would get to it later, and later never came. I think if most women are truthful with themselves, they will realize that they dropped the ball on family will being crazy to pursue a career. I'm a man, and I know I feel somewhat like I dropped that ball. I know there are few of you that really don't want that, but I think the vast majority do. What makes it different for a woman is that past a certain age the possibility to pickup the ball and have the family becomes more and more difficult and eventually impossible.

In any case, I only say these things for the sake of 20-something women that might be reading this thread. I think if you're already 40+ and no family, then just appreciate what you have done with yourself and live up your life as much as you possibly can. There are a lot of fine ways to experience life besides raising kids.
 racefan77
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 9:07:19 PM

I am so tired of hearing how "different" I am because I am 39, unmarried and childless. I am not a failure because I have made choices in my life that are not the "norm". I am tired of trying to explain to people that I didn't make choices for them, that I have just made choices for me. I try to keep a cool head and refrain from asking these people WHY do you have so many children and by the way, what marriage number is this for you anyway? IMO, that would just be rude for me to say.

I'm hoping that once I venture into my 40's people will then stop asking me when I'm getting married, when I'm having children, etc. I pray that all these questions stop completely when I hit 50! lol

Whoever we are, we should just live and let live. Try to respect other's choices.
excellent post!
 duckling
Msg: 267
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:19:52 AM
I don't think single, childless women over 30 are a failure, but I am always suspicious of women over 30 that have never been married or in anything resembling a long-term relationship. I always wonder what's wrong with them. I think it's kind of like the never-married male over 30 and living in his mother's basement is to women!
 Fifi47
Msg: 268
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:37:31 AM
I wonder what is wrong with so many men who are so narrow minded that they cannot think out of the box and appreciate women who maybe are smart enough to not marry the wrong men.
 leo\leo
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 9:26:53 AM
no shit you shim mean
 leo\leo
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 9:29:09 AM
we can't all win it's the game of life and it what you need i hope its a girl that make you think and more
 fungirl36
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:34:34 PM
I agree. I'm a teacher too. One of the beauties of the job is that I get to enjoy OTHER people's children for 7 hours a day, and then go home to peace and quiet. I have a new "family" every year. It's an ideal situation. I know a lot of people who spend their time trying to please their kids/spouses. It's not for me. It might not be the norm, but it works for me!
 starpink
Msg: 281
Posted: 10/18/2008 11:28:59 AM
I think people have different ideas of success. Yes, I'm not married and I don't have any kids, but I've done great with my career and accomplished and done so many other things I've wanted to do, so to me that's not failure. I think people who judge everyone else by what their ideas are of what milestones someone must have reached by the time they reach a certain age are just single-minded.

Where I work, most of us women who are in the 25 - 35 range and have higher positions are single. Those who have the secretary and administrative positions in that age-range are married and/or have kids. Who's to say what's more successful.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 282
Posted: 10/18/2008 2:06:38 PM
My idea of success is NOT having gotten knocked up when I wasn't really all that serious about a guy, or just in the beginning stages of a relationship. Or knocked at all when I know full well I don't want to have kids.

Not having made a choice to marry whomever asks because I'm told that I'm "over 30 and there's a better chance of me being hit by a car than finding a man".

Not having to check in with anyone as I live my life and do my thing... even if that thing is to spend a weekend on a couch.

Not having to consider anyone's welfare or happiness but my own... until such time as I WANT to.

For me... THAT is success.
 Scott_Vegas
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2008 5:26:42 PM
Considering a woman over 30 who is single and childless as a failure is ridiculous. Its a lifestyle choice. Some women want careers. Some want families. Some want to just stay single.

I was married. Didn't work out. I have no intention of being married again. Will I be considered a failure by some? Sure will, but I could care less. Its my life and I live it according to my rules.

You have to choose a path that suits you and you alone. Choose well, because you have to live with it, but you will be happier in the end.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 284
Posted: 10/18/2008 5:33:08 PM
Let's see, never married *check* , no children *check*, happy with my life? You better believe it! Failure? hardly! I don't have failed marriages behind me or wondering who a baby daddy is and then have to hunt him down to go on Maury Povich. So yeah, if that is the measure of "success", then I'm a loser. But you all go right ahead with that!
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 285
Posted: 10/18/2008 5:51:25 PM
I do not see how we can be a "failure." Hell, I word it as marketable!! Lets see, with me you do not need to worry about some nut case x husband, my income can be "ours", I do not have any restrictions as far as going anywhere or doing anything, and I have the ability to be there for YOU. I miss being married and having someone on my life, but I am glad that I do not have any restrictions. I have a great future ahead of me. If some do not like it, oh well. To me, Success is being happy and content with life, as I am. Now it just time to share it with someone who hopefully is on the same level. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >