Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WanderingRain
Msg: 287
view profile
History
WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
They are not.
It's just a stupid societal judgement placed on individuals. If you're secure in yourself, it should not matter what others say.
Sad thing is, way too many people put too much value on the judgement of others on them.
 outsidelvamsg
Msg: 289
WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?
Posted: 10/19/2008 11:34:37 AM
They are not failures. They are lesbians.
kidding. That is the OTHER assumption.
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2008 11:51:08 AM
i think aowmen who is over 30 and is childless is smart she did not buy into that biological clock garbage that women harp on about ..kids are okay if you want to be miserable and broke and work like a cotton picker the rest of your life .....i never did want kids as they are a drain on your resources and i stopped working long time ago to study the aspects of coffee drinking and its affect on social structure of my existence and i found out many years of sitting in coffee houses it was not a tall responsible for anything ...now i am studying the reactions of the sun towards why some girls look good with a suntan and guess what that and coffee drinking are fine ....so if i had kids and a wife i could never find out that vital information ....i applaud single owmen over 30 without kids much more fun than single mums they seem kind a desperate ..mostly but thats just me ....each to his/her own ....but then i find out when you go out to functions there are a lot of desperate people walking around clubs ..and bars
 WanderingRain
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2008 10:45:14 PM
Isn't a girl with plenty of former boyfriends like a boxer who has a mixed record of wins and draws (at worst)? but someone with a divorce clearly has a loss (KO, if the divorce was rough).
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 299
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:12:59 PM

I have met up with lots of preconceived crap about how a woman my age should be settled down with a husband and have kids!!!! well, i say it's all in how we want out lives to be, not all women will be mothers, not all men will be fathers! but that does not make us any less human. the times are changing and we should all be allowed to be who we are, not what others expect us to be.

Never thought that for a second, and never heard anyone say it, either. If you were over 30 in a dead end job with no friends, no family and no commitments to anything that you feel passionate about, then you'd be a loser. :-) Everyone needs to have things in their life that are important to them: children, pets, work, some cause, whatever floats your boat.

Nutt
 Kelti
Msg: 300
Posted: 10/31/2008 1:19:01 AM
I have never considered myself a failure because I am over 30 and childless! Women can contribute more to the world than children, especially today with over-population and global warming. It is not like it takes any talent to make a baby (raising children is another story altogether). Nobody even questions a man if he is childless and over 30, why should it be any different for women.

I am traveling, working on my career, and meeting interesting people from all over the world - exactly what I want to be doing. To me that is the definition of success.
 phishkev
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:37:23 AM
Since when? Where did this notion come from? The 50's are over-long live the 2000's...
 NightElfWarrior
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:47:29 AM
I don't view a woman as a failure if she's over 30 and childless. Quite the opposite. I view her as somebody who had her head on straight when she was younger, and wisely resisted the advances of some hot, smooth talking guy who just wanted to get her in the sack. I view her as a smart lady and a "great catch". Now, where are these women? lol!
 english lass
Msg: 305
Posted: 11/16/2008 9:08:50 AM

they're not
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 309
Posted: 11/23/2008 10:42:42 AM
I take great pride in failing in that then. *I* decide if I want to breed.. no one else. Certainly not some intangible nature figure wagging her finger at me.
 smoranean
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2008 7:20:20 PM
Perhaps it might help to explain to critical associates that every lifestyle has an opportunity cost? What leads to success in one facet of life, means failure in another. Nobody with one brain can be two things at once. We are all failures at most things that the World has to offer, and thanks to our communal societies, we might be successful in a few specialties, but none of us can be all things to all people.

Regarding marital status, one cannot fail without having been married.

Regarding parenthood, one cannot fail without having had children.

Patience is a virtue and it is a good thing to look before one leaps, although there are always those detractors who might criticise the good things in some pathetic attempt to conceal their own failures, so don't take neurotic people too seriously. They're antagonism is really just there to provide some light entertainment when there's not much to watch on tele, and if you look beyond the surface, it is often just their way of making excuses for having tried and failed at what the wise are more careful about in their more considerate approach, I suppose ...

WanderingRain
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2008 12:17:14 AM
sez who???????????????????????????????????????
 Fifi47
Msg: 322
Posted: 12/20/2008 2:57:38 PM
At age 40 the women seem to go from being diamonds to undateable to a lot of men....very odd to me.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 12:10:44 AM
They're only a failure if they think themselves failures.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2008 8:35:31 PM
I actually find 40+ women to be fascinating... Intellectually, most 40+ women I know seem to be at the height of their power.
Of course, me being a biologically driven animal, I sometimes wonder about her being able to bear children, though... I mean, I would love to have kids someday, I just want to be sure it won't be hard on her...
 rraefyn
Msg: 325
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:24:12 PM
they aren't...don't believe the lie....
 WanderingRain
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 11:42:12 PM
I'm glad to see posts of women who say they are happy even if they are childless or over 30 and not married. Having marriage and kids isn't everything in life no matter what society tells us.
It's just social programming. Once you break out of that mind set, you will encounter a world where it's really ok not to have kids or be married by a certain age. We are all different and we all have a contribution to make to this good earth. Some bear the kids who will become great people. Others don't have kids but do great things themselves.
 Friarfan
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2009 6:23:34 PM
Its cultural. but men face the same issues. Especially when it comes to men who don't have a "career". the second question men are asked in conversation is "what do you do?" is that really what makes a man?
 Fifi47
Msg: 337
Posted: 2/1/2009 5:26:23 AM
I get so tired of all this non-commital stuff...if we had felt as if we had met men who were able to commit to us and were the ones who we wanted to commit to, we would have married them, strange how people who are divorced are never seen as ones who have commitment issues........
 arcticdude
Msg: 340
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:12:26 AM
There's preconceived crap out there that women who have settled down with a husband & kids have 'settled' and sold themselves short, and don't have 'real' jobs!

So take your pick...whatever topic, whatever conclusion, there's someone who will second guess/ disagree/criticize.

The real question, OP, is...why do you care what 'they' think...and why are you surprised at all that others hold different opinions?!?
 Cantankerous_Hermit
Msg: 341
Posted: 2/3/2009 3:06:40 PM
You answered your own question and you're absolutely right. See: Thread: How do you feel when you see married w/kids?
 Mike Emm
Msg: 344
Posted: 2/5/2009 8:43:31 PM
"WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?"

I never got that myself. I think everyone should go at their own pace.
 1darknight
Msg: 348
Posted: 2/7/2009 8:59:34 PM
So so true. I would give about ANYTHING to find a woman who had no kids & wants no kids. I meet women & when they learn that I don't want any, boom, they are gone. I don't have a problem with those who want kids of course, but I don't get the fascination with women who think they "have" to have them to feel like a real woman, get a puppy, at least they are a smaller obligation. Show me the women with no kids, I'd pay good for 1 of them!
 Fifi47
Msg: 349
Posted: 2/8/2009 5:35:05 AM
The men who seek women who are over 30 without children need to look for a teacher to date. Maybe the young, single ones want to have children, but for me it was never a goal. Guess that I meet my maternal instinct teaching so many of them.
 1darknight
Msg: 351
Posted: 2/8/2009 10:23:18 AM
To be more clear on my last post, I mean to point out that single women with no kids & over 30 are NOT failure! They are rare gems. I think they are awesome. I was commenting on a note from the person who said how great the women are when I said "so true". They have been my prime search for years.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >