Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cantankerous_Hermit
Msg: 341
WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?Page 6 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
You answered your own question and you're absolutely right. See: Thread: How do you feel when you see married w/kids?
 Mike Emm
Msg: 344
WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?
Posted: 2/5/2009 8:43:31 PM
"WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?"

I never got that myself. I think everyone should go at their own pace.
 1darknight
Msg: 348
Posted: 2/7/2009 8:59:34 PM
So so true. I would give about ANYTHING to find a woman who had no kids & wants no kids. I meet women & when they learn that I don't want any, boom, they are gone. I don't have a problem with those who want kids of course, but I don't get the fascination with women who think they "have" to have them to feel like a real woman, get a puppy, at least they are a smaller obligation. Show me the women with no kids, I'd pay good for 1 of them!
 1darknight
Msg: 351
Posted: 2/8/2009 10:23:18 AM
To be more clear on my last post, I mean to point out that single women with no kids & over 30 are NOT failure! They are rare gems. I think they are awesome. I was commenting on a note from the person who said how great the women are when I said "so true". They have been my prime search for years.
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 4:02:37 PM
i think its great to meet awoman who does not have kids it makes things alot easier ...i would not class them as anything other than its their life if they did not haveor could not have or did not want kids its all good ...i have nothing against single mums ......but would rather date a woman without kids anyday....its merely choice they are definetely not failures ...in anyway
 WanderingRain
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 4:11:14 PM
They are NOT a failure. They are exactly who I am looking for.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2009 7:35:18 AM
Funny I always thought it was being smart. I still think that. It means you understnad the way birthcontrol works, how your finances work, and that the reality of marriage for the majority ends in divorce. I usually think those that consider those that are single, childless, and over 30 failures are jealous they weren't smart enough to look at the long term, big picture. JMO
 fiestywmn2
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 6:12:19 PM
Please! Who came up with this idea?
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:06:34 PM

Over 30, never married, no kids = psycho

Excuse me? I am hopin you just posted this to get a reaction and do not honestly believe this. Or did you just post this because you had an unfortunate experience?

Seriously though, to the OP, I am over 30, single, and childless but I sure as H*** am NOT a failure. I am my own person, believe in myself, and willing to learn a little more about life each day. As my profile says, ya don't like it you don't need to be around me...

singlebookgeek
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2009 12:48:46 AM
That's a crazy thought, my search and advanced search are focused on women over 30 without kids. They are women who have gotten their lives together , still hot, and don't need kids to make them happy.
 cfb62
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2009 5:24:38 AM
This is the craziest post I've seen yet.
There are men dying to date me JUST because I don't have kids.
(Meaning they don't even seem interested in getting to know me... they just want to instantly sign up BECAUSE I have no kids.)
Whoever posted this hasn't been around the block enough to know it's sooooo not true.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2009 6:34:48 PM
Do you know who Florence Nightingale is?
Single, had a few boyfriends, created the modern professional hospital nursing system whose standards are applied the world over.

Do you know who her supposedly "successful" married girlfriends were?
No. Made babies, married some guy... left this earth without a trace or legacy.

It's what you do with your life; not just who you marry.

Who would YOU like to be?
 Need2possessu
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 10:33:18 AM
I prefer woman over 30 that are single and childless. I just want them to be able to love mine.
 muffinman2
Msg: 387
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:16:55 PM
Just a thought are the kids you taech considerd .....birth control..?
 Scott_Vegas
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:28:19 PM
This is such BS. Women over 30 who are single and childless have simply made decisions. There should be no stigma in a woman choosing to do such things. Its her life, not societies, and she is ultimately responsible to herself for setting the conditions to achieve her own happiness. If that means staying single, or refraining from childbirth, so be it.
 black hat
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 7:58:27 AM
Every one has a differnt taste,why would any one ever call these people a falure,mabye they wanted to get College out of the way or go travel,My cousin Barbra is happy being single,and she has a Job with the Pentigon,who ever made up this rule,is one of those people who love just talking out there ass,like Joan Rivers insulting people,phoney Fantasty land bullshit.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:05:05 PM
Also... I want to ask...:
SEZ WHO?
Who said the above statement is true? On what authority do people believe in the above statement?
Society? So-called modern rules the entertainment media forces on you?
 Mr.B3D
Msg: 400
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:09:50 PM
Thats ridiculous. It means I might have a chance at finding a lady my age that doesn't have kids. Or any Guy's like me that don't have kids. I am glad for the most part that I didn't. Because it probable would not have worked out because me or my partner were to immature.
 lunatiqfrinjj
Msg: 407
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2009 4:18:21 PM
Too many people on the planet anyway; the sooner we get a few million more people choosing not to fill the place up with mewling cabbages that are going to eat everything and leave their shit all over the place, the better
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 4:08:34 PM
I have never fed into this nonsense although extended family members constantly bring it up when they haven't seen me in a while. Now that my brother has made my parents grandparents I'm off the hook. There's this mentality out there that a woman should breed to ensure the family group's immortality. I'm more concerned with having the resources, partner, and the will to be a good parent. Since none of those things materialized, I am quite happy that I have not had any children. My life is my own to do with what I will. If that is considered selfish, then call me the female Grinch!
 jamasian777
Msg: 412
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2009 3:33:04 PM
i haven't read the other replies but in my humble opinion i don't think that is true. In this day and age time goes by fast, pursuit of happiness, career, and this can make things get a little hectic. Not to mention the fact that there are so many choices out there and for me, i wouldn't want to settle with someone to have kids. Being that, this is my logic, i can totally understand how that can happen to a woman. A few blinks and 10 years zooooooms by!
 Kitiara1970
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 4:46:35 PM
I don't feel like a failure at all.

Society tells me that I should have married, had kids, and the white picket fence.

Screw society. I know what's best for me. I'm a free spirit, I love children, but knew at a young age I didn't want to own one. I didn't get married because well... I saw no reason to.

I'm 39 now, I see my friends married, and with children, and hey.. that works for them. Not for me though. I love adventure in my life, adventure that a husband and children would make difficult/impossible to be able to do.

I don't consider myself a failure. I consider myself free.
 regina_f
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 3:43:53 PM
I'm so glad I found this!! I so know that feeling as in the midwest I've run across it more times than I'd like to recount...people divorced with kids are fine, but let yourself be unmarried at 30 and watch out at the responses you get from people. I really personally don't feel the need to "own" one either.

I so love having the freedom to do what I want, when I want...sometimes I wish there were a companion, but other times I'm fine with being single. Now with the exact right guy, I might consider marriage, but still think kids are probably not for me.
 Lineitup
Msg: 420
Posted: 7/27/2009 9:38:08 AM
Anyone can marry(and half of them divorce!) and have kids(and end up a single parent!). It's harder to ignore society's traditions and peer pressure (all your friends get tied down) and go your own path. Be proud and ignore the people who are jealous of your freedom.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >