Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lorri55
Msg: 16
view profile
History
is online dating a lazy way to meet someone.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
It's a great way to meet new friends, enjoy a bit of banter and if you are lucky enough to find someone then that's a bonus.
 voog
Msg: 23
view profile
History
is online dating a lazy way to meet someone.
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:19:54 AM
Not sure about lazy ... like said it's much more difficult to get a night out as you get older purely because mates are settled down and rarely go out, well in my case anyhow.

On the other hand I would say it's a bloody hard way to meet folk and have much more success on the rare occasions I drag myself out into the real world!!!
 christitunes
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:33:13 AM
Yeah, definitely. Some people, in fact, are so lazy that they will contact you without even so much as a glance at what the profile has to say. Once I got an IM from a guy whose profile indicated he was your basic country boy: interesting were hunting, fishing, quads, etc. Everything I am not and which my profile makes clear. So I ask him, "Did you even read my profile?" He asks me to hold on, then says, "Oh shit we're not compatible."

Sigh.
 fleursky
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 12:05:21 PM
It's very rare for me to be at home in the evenings till late (usually go straight out from work socializing or for dinner before I go home) so the occasional evening I get at home it's a welcome change to relax and come on here to have a look.
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 12:30:27 PM
I DO go out, but haven't been to many singles events maybe I should push myself more at times, online & off. But it's also cos I know the kind of guy i want & I thought online dating might make it easier to find him.

Or not!! We'll see!

But this month I HAVE to be honest been kinda lazy!!

I turned down a date with a GORGEOUS guy from here because it was snowing & the tube was delayed!!
And I think that's kinda lazy of me!!
Ha ha~!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >