Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > well looks like women do love money more then anything      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DesertFox3
Msg: 28
view profile
History
On the other hand....Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Which is why I went out and got a professional career and make my own, because it's my own money I love. What I want from a man is apparently less common and harder to find, the qualities of honesty, fidelity and an ability to love without reserve!

I tried this too, so my EE degree is gone to waste now. Though a woman without a degree may find me intimidating, yet others will belittle me for not using it, can't win this one.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 29
view profile
History
On the other hand....
Posted: 5/3/2007 3:10:25 PM

Thank goodness you did drop the part about Healthcare Workers!!

Another topic for another time my dear.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 30
view profile
History
On the other hand....
Posted: 5/3/2007 8:59:47 PM
Gene Simmons Loves Money too!!!
 Kizz4K
Msg: 31
well looks like women do love money more then anything
Posted: 5/17/2007 7:54:57 AM
Pretty good advice, smart guy. I have to agree with every word you said. We can't just stereotype men or women by saying, "All men just want a piece of ass," or "Women are gold-diggers,"

In all fairness we would have to say, "All PEOPLE are this or that" and we know that can't be true. But yes, ALOT are, and thank God alot of us are not.

As far as attraction goes, you said, "you have to ask yourself is what are you doing to attract these types of people"
You are so right on the money with that (oh crap! I said money...am I a digger now?lol)

People need to be willing to look at themrselves more when they are not liking something in life, and not be so willing to blame others.
You must have read The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne, to be speaking such words of wisdom (and if not, go out and buy it immediately)

Kudos to you Bigfut
 Wavfact
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 3:18:56 PM
To hell with that, where are all the rich women that like ugly balding guys? Yeah, thats what I want to know..

Dennis
 ColsOh1
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2007 3:40:15 PM
Money?

I'm just cheap and I don't like buying unless I really need something.

My problem is, when I do buy something, it's always brand name and top of the line.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2007 11:24:15 PM

But I absolutely agree with Sharon a man that can handle his money does seem a little more powerful and that's SEXY!! However you can work for minimum wage and still know how to handle what you got! A man with a million bucks doesn't really need to try to handle his money now does he? He can pay somebody else to do that for him!

I don't believe one word of this!

Girlspeak.... "A man that makes minimum wage may be sexy, but Id still never date him"
 kywindwalker
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:32:47 AM
desertfox3...at last an honest reply from a woman
 kywindwalker
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 5:06:29 AM
i know all woman are not like that...just like all men are not dogs...but if you put nice or don.t make alot of money youre profile is passed over...unless you look like mr america...sorry just my thoughts
 DesertFox3
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:36:38 AM
just put a pic of a harley on the profile and i won't overlook it! ...................

There's that 'H' word again..........

I look just as bas ass as the rest with my black leather vest & sunglasses! Just as a test, I ought to put up a bogus profile (complete with money & Harley) & see just what it attracts. But that would be mean, right?

Ok, I don't say this often, but golly, oh mighty, maybe you are getting exactly what you deserve in this life.

Oh dear, I am.... and then some! If someone managed their money well enough to take a few months off from work, what exactly is wrong with that?... are you conterdicting yourselves again?

but if you put nice or don.t make alot of money youre profile is passed over...unless you look like mr america...sorry just my thoughts

Thats true though the passive ones are less likely to respond too, what we are dealing with here are likely the agressive ones. I feel the picture is sort of a waste at times, looks are decieving.
 Wavfact
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 12:54:59 PM
I sent a message to a member who had a picture of herself in a really nice boat.. She never responded.. too bad, its was a very nice boat.

Dennis
 climbsagain
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/12/2008 6:38:55 AM
Perhaps the good folks at POF need to enlist the aid of the grammar and spelling police. Anyone caught using poor grammar or spelling with total disregard to the use phonics and end marks will have to stay after class and write 25 times on the chalkboard, I will listen to my smart teacher.

Emotions often block our view of what is really happening all around us. Perhaps you need to view the situation later and ask yourself if you see the same signs?
 Screw88pof
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/12/2008 6:32:48 PM
CinnamonCat wrote:

It's not that women love money, it's just that there are too many guys out there who have just drifted through life without any plans or thought for the future. I've personally put some thought and investment into my future and I'd love to share it with the right guy, but I'd like for my guy to be responsible, and living in an apartment with no plan for the future and nothing to show for the years he has lived, just doesn't sound responsible or dependable to me. I'm not demanding a big bank account. I just want a "grown up" guy, not a 40-year-old teenager.

Gals, you have to keep in mind that some of us are starting over after a messy divorce.

Before mine, I had a nice house with nice furnishings, three vehicles and a camper (all mostly paid for), and a decent amount set back for retirement. I was setting pretty good. I came away with one vehicle, my PC, stereo, aquarium, clothes and my pillow.

My retirement was used to put me through school, to purchase furniture for an apartment, rent/utilities/food while in school, and for a few perks.

So, I dont sound responsible/dependable? A 40 yr old teenager? I hardly think so. I worked hard for a long time only to have it all taken by >>ONE<< money hungry, ummmmm, woman (biting my tongue). I will get back to where I was before. That you can count on. It's just going to take some time.

Just dont judge folks based on bank accounts or what they have or dont have. There may be a very good reason for their situation.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 6:36:19 PM

Some women (and men) want a mate who has an income similar to theirs (or at least someone they won't have to worry about supporting)

Some of us have fallen from grace, huh?
 climbsagain
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/13/2008 7:09:00 PM
In the end when people retire either due to old age or poor health the time will arrive when we realize if we planned well. How can anyone to say that money and the future is not important. For all of the guys that complain about money and women remember this. All of us have made choices in our lives. For every guy that is complaining about their miss fortune or lack of fortune after a divorce remember the choises made. Now live with the choices. You don't like the way life is? Do something positive to improve your life. Laying the blame of your choices at the feet of another is a true indication of who people are and most likely a reason far more important than money in determining why someone would not date you.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:19:02 AM
Diesel, I don't see how she described you at all.

she said "be responsible, and living in an apartment with no plan for the future and nothing to show for the years he has lived"

But you do have a plan for the future, right? That was referring to the guys that just haven't bothered to think about the future or how they're going to live when they're 65. You do have a plan from the sounds of it, you used your retirement to start over and go to school so you'll have a future.
 Debbbie
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/16/2008 1:23:55 PM
Damn Tina dont be shy...tell us what you really think
 Debbbie
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/16/2008 3:49:02 PM
Im good teena.....how you doing?....You know I was talking to that other Tina up there...lol. I havent seen you in a longtime but I do follow the forums. Did you finish school? I also thought you were moving to Cols...was that wrong? lol....
 Debbbie
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/16/2008 5:00:13 PM
Boy dont we know it...
 liamemrys
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/19/2008 3:37:36 PM
I would like the opportunity to bring up a few points, since I am the one writing at the moment I will allow my self that opportunity
The original saying was not "money is the root of all evil" it was actually "Greed is the root of all evil"
Another thing to consider is this, in the direction that our modern society has turned money largely has been taken to be interchangeable with security. Although this is in no way shape or form correct, that seems to be the dominant viewpoint...Ho Hum So It Goes.
If a person feels more secure with money than with me, do I really want to be in an intimate relationship with them? For myself, not a chance, however, everyone has to make that choice for him or herself.
Besides the way I see it... to say that it looks like women do love money more than anything is a rather chauvenistic backward way of looking at things. As if it is your responsibility to make money so that a female is attracted to you is a rather shallow way of trying to disguise your own inferiority complex. JMO
Like has been said..."Life is too short"
 climbsagain
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/23/2008 3:30:22 PM
Men and women know little about one another. We most likely can agree that we have a need to pay our bills. Money has a value that cannot be undervalued. The question of how we secure our money is open to debate? Perhaps we go about it in relationships without giving it a second thought, that is dating so we are cared for in one way or another. If we did not get something out of dating we would stop, we are people?
 Looking4sumthngdifferent
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/28/2008 2:38:24 PM
wow. my heart goes out ot you for all the miserable women you have had to encounter. i and the women i know have much more substance i am pleased to announce. we're not all gold diggers! i make my own and i just want you to make yours! thats it! thats all.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 9:39:00 AM
So... we should blow the load, rack up the credit cards (like 'they' told us to do) & pretend to be something we aren't?
 lindy_3333
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 5:42:58 PM
Some people will blame anything just because they don't get what they want. Instead, spend time refining yourself and doing things that will improve you, make you a happy, fulfilled person. Then that will attract others in your life that might work out. But you cant expect much in life when all you do is whine and blame others and other things for what you don't get! Hell, don't expect anything period. It is a waste of time, emotion, and energy.

Stop blaming women for YOUR issues. IF what you said was true, there would be NO poor married men! Your comment is slippery slope thinking and silly.

If women are looking for a guy who is secure, who can blame them? I am debt free and hope to keep it that way. So would I want to tie up with a guy who I would have to support or one who is smothered in debt? I don't think so. I hear men all the time on profiles state they aren't here to support a woman and/or her kids and like comments. Now, I'm NOT wealthy, but CAN live on my own. So money is a consideration for me, but now all I consider. I have many more issues I would put forth before I would date someone.

I don't waste my time looking for a man anymore. I am living life and enjoying it. IF a guy who I feel is my equal, (and I don't say that conceitedly.) and we match up, so be it. If not, so be it. I have LOTS to do in life besides look for a mate, and whine if I don't immediately get one. Hell, been 6 years since the divorce... guess immediate isn't happening, he he.

Move on, LIVE LIFE, try new things, meet new people, challenge yourself out of the box you are in.....Most of all, stop whining.. NO ONE likes a whiner.. not even a whiner!

Happy fishing
 DesertFox3
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2008 9:51:05 PM

LOL you guys got it ALL WRONG!!!!!!! Its not about Money it's about CREDIT!!!! DUGH.. And NO that doesn't mean Credit Cards. It' s means being able to ask your bank for 22,000.00 in cash and getting it.

Sarcasim... I like that!

Yes it's all about that "great job" more than likely in the health care field that will be there indefinately for you sound & secure that gives you that borrowing power!

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > well looks like women do love money more then anything