Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Patience versus Living      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 actualizing
Msg: 21
Patience versus LivingPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I personally work on opening my heart so that I can attract the right person to come into my life. That is how I live it to the fullest. I agree with you, the two ideas are contradictory then time is a factor. Try squeezing them both into the present moment and then look at them again. Work on opening the heart. Peace and love.
 bethanyt
Msg: 22
Patience versus Living
Posted: 8/16/2008 6:42:29 AM
i understand what you mean, it's hard to plan the future when you don't know if you'll be attached or not. a simple wedding invitation can become an issue. i never know if i should go alone, rsvp me and a guest, and hope that i'll be dating someone at that time, or just stay home.
i do know that when i truly fell in love, i wasn't looking. i just wanted to have fun. i had just started using pof and i had a date lined up for almost every day for 2 weeks. then this guy wrote to me, he lived 2 and 1/2 hours away, his pictures weren't very good, he also had a deep south ga accent that made it hard to understand him on the phone.but he was so sweet. his words were " i'd drive across the world to be with a woman like you". i agreed to meet him, but i didn't think that anything would come of it.
we met for lunch and i felt an immediate connection. i couldn't stop smiling. we talked so much that we barely touched our food. i just sat there and fell in love with man as he spoke. he was intelligent, had common sense, hard worker, loved his kids. we even argued over which habit was the most unhealthy, his smoking or me drinking diet coke.
i wasn't looking for love, but i found it.
it helps to have a friend of the opposite sex to attend functions with, just a woman who is in the same situation you are in, but that you enjoy hanging out with.
good luck
bethany
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Patience versus Living