Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do men show their car engines on their profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 21
Why do men show their car engines on their profiles?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
a man banished to his garage has time to think
 lasswithgreeneyes
Msg: 22
Why do men show their car engines on their profiles?
Posted: 7/26/2008 11:19:56 AM
Actually, I found the OP's question to be rather insightful....and I'm amazed at how this became a way to be nasty and bash everyone and everything possible

Henry, are you referring to my initial question or the sad turn it took by several rude posts? Hopefully the former...

And BTW, I appreciate the rest of your post....very well said.
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/26/2008 6:22:47 PM
Lass....YOU are the OP ( opening poster )...and I'm sorry I wasn't clearer...the way to be nasty and the bash fest was the sad turn turn it took. I'll go to my garage now....I just came in to use the bathroom....as soon as I get one in that garage........
 lasswithgreeneyes
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/26/2008 6:31:29 PM
Can I help you build that?
 antonioIII
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/26/2008 7:03:23 PM
I have a twin turbo engine in my car that always brings a smile to my face. As for the bitter english lady........ugly tree? hmmmmmmm ok.......
 antonioIII
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/26/2008 9:09:05 PM
why do women show off their toes when a man could care less about a picture of her feet? just because your pedicure may look nice, the cankles aren't flattering.
 c_deacon
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 9:25:22 PM
I never show my engine in public.......unless hidden and alone with just one that its compartment fits just right.........

OT.........Which engine are we talking about and why?

Just my opinion........
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/26/2008 9:29:35 PM
This is slightly off topic, I know, but does anyone know where I can find a bigger tree to stand next to?
 Broc*
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/26/2008 10:54:04 PM
Its something they've accomplished, something they can be proud of, " see lady's, look what ive done with myself, what have you done?? " just my 2c

Personally i wouldnt do it but hey, every man to his own.
 lasswithgreeneyes
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/26/2008 11:31:38 PM
[I'm just curious why you have a picture of your MOM and her BIKER BIOCH in your profile when asking this question about men??? ]

Because it is a joke...see profile...and how many old ladies do you know drive Harleys with golf shoes on and the kickstand down with their feet up??? Great observation skills...

[Apparently there's no 'female mystique' THERE? So... why the 'double standard' in even asking your question. Your answer will be, no doubt, a SIMPLE one....yes??? So why try to come off as somebody who got 'offended' by other posters for asking such question that only required the same simple answer YOU would give......?? ]

Other contributors have already shed interesting insight into my initial question for which I am grateful. You are doing nothing but being antagonistic and reading way too much into my initial post. Dude, chill the freak out and save your condescending and judgmental ways for your next date which I am sure will be a complete success...

I wish we could all just get along and stop being so freaking DEFENSIVE...an honest question! Geez!
 Nao_Namorado
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:50:43 PM
a man banished to his garage has time to think

And a man who thinks can ponder his situation...which can be VERY dangerous in the eyes of his control...I mean, partner.

and I'm amazed at how this became a way to be nasty and bash everyone and everything possible
Notice that this happens with great frequency in "Ask a Guy." Something about women not wanting men to do what men want to do...makes a person who can think for him/herself ponder the psychological/sociological implications of a society of controlled men...or women who think they're entitled to set the agenda.
 lasswithgreeneyes
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/27/2008 3:22:29 PM
Nao...

..and vice versa...
 Nao_Namorado
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/27/2008 5:17:43 PM
^^^^ Wouldn't know about the vice-versa thing, Lass, 'cause I don't hang out in the Ask a Girl threads.
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/27/2008 11:08:42 PM
Ok....I don't get it.....in "Ask A Guy".....isn't it the woman asking the question with the idea that men will answer it for her?.,...how is this NOT "women who think they're entitled to set the agenda"?...If I understand this correctly, are not women required to "set the agenda" for us to respond to it?
 cooldude
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/27/2008 11:11:46 PM
Because they can't drive their dogs to work.
 Nao_Namorado
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/28/2008 2:17:16 AM
Henry, it's not that women are asking a question that I have problems with---not at all. It's the manner in which it's asked, along with a larger, insidious attitude that suggests that to be male is to be defective, wrong-headed and boorish...because apparently some men have the audacity to display pics of their hemi's instead of their Yorkshire terriers and Ferragamo shoe collection.
 lasswithgreeneyes
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/28/2008 4:57:37 AM
NOTE TO SELF: Never, ever, EVER post again...
 antonioIII
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/28/2008 5:49:50 AM
some of them should keep their puppies locked up.....just because their big, doesn't mean their attractive.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do men show their car engines on their profiles?