Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > He brought his Fanny with him...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Quazi 100
Msg: 176
view profile
History
He brought his Fanny with him...Page 8 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
A modified fanny used more as a "clutch".

A small change purse where he tucked away the coins.

Brilliantly visible....flourescent vest and all.

Clutch tucked under sweaty arm pit.

And everyone survived, intact....no one was embarrassed or self-conscious during the making of this post.

You just made my day, *golfgirl*
 sinlov
Msg: 177
view profile
History
He brought his Fanny with him...
Posted: 8/8/2009 4:03:30 AM
Hey Foncho I think I shall wear it today just to honor the memory.
Now D@mn, which bag, did I put the bag in???
Now that it can fit around my waist again without special alterations.....
Maybe I'll even wear it to church tomorrow, you think god would mind,
Afer all I haven't seen lighting in a couple of months:
Now that would be true commitment wouldn't it???
There is a designer sale today, 75% off certain designer names, So regular people like me can afford to buy the stuff. I will find a Dunnie & Burke or Coache
that my fanny pack could fit inside I'll show you how committed I am!!! . and hey would you send me the man who like to wear it with full of cash, We can wear mathing ones
 FloridaGal00
Msg: 178
Posted: 8/8/2009 5:39:26 PM
Then find a fish who doesnt have a fanny pack
 prittygurl2006
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/8/2009 5:41:12 PM
I'm totally with you on this one, OP.
 Boots168
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 8:13:53 PM
OP if people call you shallow, pls count me one as well.

I know I'd find it awkward too if the guy couldn't just leave his fave fanny pack at home, knowing we are going to an extremely trendy restaurant.

I must admit I still find it very amusing when I see some ladies from Mainland China going on hiking wearing 4" stiletto.
 Merrylass
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 12:39:06 AM
Lucky man. He wore it to weed out shallow little snoblets who would judge him harshly because of it and it worked!
 smartypants24
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:52:41 AM

Here's a question......just how far could a man go in 'taking pride' in his appearance before you would label him a 'metrosexual' or effeminate?

Off topic yes, but I had to share. This one guy I met IRL, who cancelled our first meet because his eyebrow waxer had recently lost a family member...so we rescheduled, me being understanding of his eyebrow issues (even after the waxing they were quite...prominent). So the time comes that we actually meet. I invite him to a party my friends and I are having at a local pub. He arrives (late!) and orders a fruity martini...while I'm drinking a vodka paralyser from a beer pitcher! He was quite feminine, and being around him sort of made me feel like a manly girl (I'm pretty much a tomboy)...he was most definitely metrosexual at the very least.
 Tarah0128
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 7:26:07 PM
unintended insult (joke)

Oh, it was intended alright ~ passive-aggressive but intended just the same

I prefer to get to know someone before I'm comfortable taking or giving a ribbing
 TedJMill
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2009 6:23:40 AM
Everyone is out to get my Fanny
Everybody wants to see my Fanny
Everybody likes to hold my Fanny
But she loves no one but me

Everybody wants to seize my Fanny
Everybody likes to squeeze my Fanny
They do everything to please my Fanny
Still she loves no one but me

Oh, don't touch my Fanny
Please don't ever try
My little Fanny
Is reserved for just one guy

That's why I never let another love light blind me
Everywhere I go you'll always find me
With my little Fanny right behind me
'Cause she's so in love with me

Everyone who ever spied my Fanny
Tried to hang around beside my Fanny
Maybe I should go and hide my Fanny
Or she'll find somebody new

I've seen lots of fannies in my time
And frequently their cheeks were close to mine
But never have I held one so divine
Like the Fanny that belongs to me

We will be married
Some day next June
And when we go away
To spend our honeymoon

I know that everyone is goin'a miss my Fanny
No one ever could resist my Fanny
But they wouldn't dare to kiss my Fanny
'Cause she's so in love with me
by Benny Bell
 racheljay
Msg: 185
Posted: 9/9/2009 8:04:46 AM
OP, I see your humor in this, and by the look of your profile pics, you take fashion seriously so I would expect you to want a mate that does as well.

I cracked up at the fanny joke. My mom used to wear them when I was younger- total embarassment.

What's up with his "blackness" question though? Totally uncalled for! Can he seriously not part with his fanny pack? I mean, going on a hike, or camping yes- date biiggggg NO.
 Tarah0128
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2009 11:25:20 AM
"Sure, I'll remove my fanny, no problem, would you remove your blackness for a few minutes?"

I guess he was annoyed and said something he shouldn't have ~ I'm showing him a little understanding for being the brunt of a joke all night.

We all have different ideas about what's funny. He didn't think her jokes were funny ~ she knew this. Y'all didn't like his comment about her blackness. Guess you had to "be there"
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 187
Posted: 9/9/2009 11:51:28 AM
I was at an 80's party a couple weeks ago and part of my "attire" was a fany pack. It was vicious man-- bright red and vinyl. I rocked that thing out to its fullest. I was amazed at how useful and efficient it is. You can fit all kinds of stuff in there with room to spare. It's secure, stored all in one place, and right at your finger tips. I'd consider wearing it again just because. (Though not on a first meet.)
 TheReason_
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 8:23:49 AM
You know... sometimes I just find this whole idea of noticing objects on a date just weird...

I have two situations that happened and to this day I still smile...

1- I had a date with a very very nice respectable gentleman... Unfortunately, all I noticed was the hair sticking out of his nose...

I swear the whole date turned out like a Seinfield episode...

ALL is saw was the hair. The man was cute, handsome, polite. He did EVERYTHING right... The good night kiss was HELL... I just could not get past it...

I struggled all night thinking if I should tell him. SURELY he can see them when he takes a shower or when he shaves... I could not tell him... NOT in the context of a first date...

I dated a girl I'm college. Pretty, nice. Same thing OMG nose hair!!! Every time I went in for a kiss, it's like a spider was going to get me!!!! So it only lasted a month or so. Then again, I broke up with a girl because her laugh was sooooo annoying. She couldn't giggle "tee tee" it was just a full on guffaw!!

So... I still have that wallet and I refuse to let go of it. This wallet has GREAT sentimental value and if I am being judged by a wallet it is best to put that fish in the pond.

Anyway... just musing.

maybe you could have explained it's sentemental significance to you...
 BentonHarbor
Msg: 189
Posted: 4/14/2010 3:43:57 AM

Some people have no realistic perception of the world around them, of how others view them. . .

And perhaps those who belive they realistically perceive that world might be just as clueless too! Interesting how that works huh??

OP I know this thread is months upon months old and in a way I can identify with your concern or disdain for this poor guys fashion sense especially since you do seem quite the Fashionista. While his snarky comeback to you was a bit uncalled for I'm sure he thought it was right in keeping with the tone you'd set already.

I also get your humor and while it was not mean spirited word wise the intent was probably easily discerned which finally bubbled over enough for his curt reply. Maybe change your profile to say you hope for or expect someone more "fashion forward" and give some examples. Might get you nothing but Metrosexuals but at least no more fanny packs!
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 190
Posted: 4/14/2010 8:21:27 PM

I asked him whether he had a special permit to carry one of those after 1993. Surely they've been outlawed. He didn't find the humor in my comment or the subsequent comments that I made all night.

well damn girl...I think that's the cutest thing...

I'd love your sense of humor if you came at me for wearing a fanny pack. I sure would have played it nicely and would have easily found something about you to zing you on.

Deal you should be more concerned about than his wearing a fanny pack is that he did not find you to have a sense of humor.

Which means HE did not have a sense of humor.

Kinda reminds me of Shallow Hal when Paltrow asks Costanza "Is that a Member's Only Jacket?"

Costanza replies..."WHy yes it is!"

"So what? are you like the Last member?"

I thought your humor was cool...
 mr.evil
Msg: 191
Posted: 4/14/2010 8:46:38 PM
Awww sh1t, guess I'll have to get rid of mine, along with my leisure and jogging suits!

Yeah right!
 delaneyOMG
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 3:18:09 PM
I made fun of a guy with a fanny pack at a bar a while back. Said something to the effect of, "Macho man called and wants his purse back." However in response, he opened up the front flap just enough so i could the hammer of his .45.

Whouldda thunk fanny packs would become the latest in weapon concealment apparel?

Needless to say, I won't talk smack to fannypack wearers anymore; I'd much rather be gunned down by someone in a "Frankie says RELAX" shirt.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 193
Posted: 4/29/2010 6:01:05 PM
LOL at gun concealment.

But, I agree with the OP. I could not go out with a guy carrying a fanny pack. Better to carry a briefcase or a small shopping bag or ANYTHING!

Where does one even buy one of those these days?
 Maleman999
Msg: 194
Posted: 4/29/2010 7:38:26 PM
I agree that it's really goofy to wear a fanny pack. But if he opened it and you saw it was stuffed with $100 bills, I bet you would be saying: "What a great fashion statement. Let's go shopping and see if we can find a bigger, better one for you."
 oggers
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2010 12:55:03 PM

What the hell is a fanny pack,

I think she means a bum bag .........
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 196
Posted: 4/30/2010 2:42:12 PM

What the hell is a fanny pack, can some give me the Readers digest version?

A zippered bag that straps to your waist.

Sort of like a man purse ... lol

JasonTKD22
Msg: 197
Posted: 10/22/2010 7:55:28 PM

Better to carry a briefcase or a small shopping bag or ANYTHING!

Anything, huh? Hmm.....

*looks online for Batman-style utility belt*

ICtheLite
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2010 5:15:18 AM

Shallowness abounds.
Fanny pack: OUT
Red Sneakers: OUT

Forget about personality, humor, affection.
If they're wearing the wrong sneakers F*CK 'em.

~can't catch my breath, lmao~

Embarrased is embarrased, doesn't really matter by what; it's a personal thing; is it major or minor and can you deal with it. Just that fact that this guy felt that his fanny pack was a part of who he was would have been enough to sent me running.
 DogEatDog
Msg: 199
Posted: 10/23/2010 8:25:17 AM

find you a man with a sense of style.....

By all means...so what if he's a complete jerk, treats you like crap, cheats on you, etc....

As long as he "looks" good hanging off that arm!

i am picky and know what i want....and who i want on my arm...who you date is a reflection of you...and i personaly have an image to maintain

nuff said!
 aliveandwell314
Msg: 200
Posted: 10/25/2010 5:28:28 PM
Trying to think what my reaction would be if I went for a first date to a trendy restaurant and she showed up in neon pink legwarmers......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > He brought his Fanny with him...