Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > From Russia, With Love????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rythmn
Msg: 20
view profile
History
From Russia, With Love????Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
OP. my apologies. i realize by your history of posting, that you are just a curious fellow!

bless you she-lla.

i met a man looking to fix a piece of furniture who was in the yellow pages. in the course of conversation, i found out he paid to get a young wife from the phillipines (money to her family). she is now pregnant, a wisp of a thing. he must be close to 65 and is pretty repulsive. she sits in the car and waits for him. i cannot tell if she is just happy to eat or a prisoner. i am glad that being pregnant, the medical workers will have to report any abuse, as i could not get close enough to deciper.

as with prostitution, and with these sort of emails, there is often desperation or at least "longing" on both sides. but i figure, if i know i milfer when i see one, even though he may have had a very sad childhood, i run the other way. i do help kids like this, but not on singles sites and as a mom, not a mate.

i wish you the very best she-lla. you have honest posting elsewhere as well and you deserve it all! my grandfather escaped from a siberian prison camp via south africa to nyc in the early 1900's. you too have started a new world for the future ones in your family. i adopted my kids and all our ancestors from all over the globe must be having one big pow wow over us, up there in heaven!
 dannyr0697
Msg: 21
view profile
History
From Russia, With Love????
Posted: 7/28/2008 3:33:08 PM
Thank you serenitycw!!!
When I started this thread, I had no idea how it was going to evolve, and I absolutely, must say that I'm very pleased with the direction it's taken. Yes, I am a curious individual. I seek knowledge and enlightenment everywhere I go.
I have sent private thanks to several of the posters on this thread, and I hope, have made some friends, both male and female.
Once again, Thank you to the many posters that have gotten into the spirit of things and shared their stories with us.

L8TR
 wolf/man
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/29/2008 10:48:16 AM
I personally have not been contacted yet from russian scammers,its a matter of time,they will try.i believe they all have connections throughout all banned countrys.it doesnt make since for pof.com to go to russia,they know how scammers are.i have been contacted from african scammers.they send sexy pictures,try luring you in on sympathy,then ask you to send money for their visa or flight,etc.its called SCAM-CITY all the way.dont waste your time on non-sense!
 boutenuf
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2008 6:03:46 PM
These women many times have been here on a Visa for some reason, they use US states as listings. I met a man on another dating site that responded to one of these women. She then asked for money to come back to the US and wanted to stay with him. The earlier poster is correct, they are looking to get to the US and find a sponser.
 walker1960
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/30/2008 2:02:37 AM
Dear young girl from Russia...18 years younger than me and picks me out from the millions of other old guys on here...

You want me to send you money?, how bout you send me naked pics instead huh?

signed, "random old guy here in the USA"

Kongzilla
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 4:37:50 PM
Simple formula Foreign Marriage = Scammer. Anyone who says otherwise, is part of the scam. End of Story.
 dannyr0697
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 1:40:47 PM
Quick update folks:

She hasn't been back on line to read the note that I sent "her". Looks like the "I's" have it. It's a scam.
So here's the funny part, she is now on 18 favorites lists. All since last Friday at about this time. I know some legitimate women who have gorgeous pictures posted that have'nt moved up that ladder this fast. She'd be real popular, IF she exsisted.
Too funny.........

L8TR
 dannyr0697
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2008 4:31:12 PM

Danny, she probably read this thread...it does show up in your profile, you know. LOL!

I think that you have to log on to POF in order to read profiles, threads ond so on. I don't care if she did read it. I'd invite her to come on this thread and defend herself, assuming,of coarse, she was real.
The thing is, she hasn't logged back on to POF since she sent me the original note. I just checked her profile out and she is now on 20 favorites lists, in just over 1 week. Pretty amazing for a ghost.LOL

L8TR
 dannyr0697
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 2:53:22 AM

the questions that you sent her is probably a turn off, for example "when POF got to Central Russia?" seems an uneducated question.

The questions at the beginning of this thread are NOT the questions I sent her. It seems mighty uneducated and deffinetly condecending for you to make that leap when the other 2 questions were deffinetly NOT directed at her.
For your information I , regularly, talk to 2 female frinds in China. Yes their culture is very different from ours, but should I not talk to them because of that.
If this Russian girl wanted to be "pen pals" I'd give it a try, for curiousity about her culture, if for no other reason. Sadly, it seems this is not the case.
If you had taken the time to read this thread, these facts would be apparent.
As the English say;" You, sir, are a cad."

L8TR
 platypus_man
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2008 12:24:26 AM
If you populate online dating sites long enough, you'll eventually get contacted by women from all over the planet.....but the story remains the same. Either they need you for a green card, or they will want you to send them money. They might not ask right away, maybe will take plenty of time to 'reel you in', get you smitten with her, but eventually the request is going to come. In fact, if you don't email her back fast enough, another 'woman' may contact you under the same I.D. with a completely different picture!
But hey, have some fun. Email her back and forth for a while. Just don't get too attached till she makes it here of her own accord. Remember, we warned you.
 dannyr0697
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:29:04 AM
UPDATE

I just checked my Russian girls profile. She/he/it hasn't logged back on to POF since she sent the message to me. Get this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, she/he/it is now on 48 members favorites lists. Kinda proves that a good picture is really all it takes to become popular here. Wonder what their inbox looks like.

L8TR
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 2:14:11 PM
used some other sites, had the russkis going on about my structure, some of the posts were identical to some on some scam reporting site, used to know a russian guy online, quite a few of them posed as girls, grabbed some picture off the net and went for the american suckers as he put it

for some villages it is a nice little earner :(
 rpxtu
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/8/2008 2:21:03 PM
I know many men married to Russian women that are happy as a Loon, this is probably a scam but don't discount Russian women there are many good ones they know how to cook and are good with money!
 briargate
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/16/2008 6:46:37 PM
When I was using stick-a-Match-to-it.com, I would get tons of Russian and Eastern bloc messages. I knew they were scammers, but I decided to play along. They would tell me about their lives of quiet desperation, about how they worked at some boring job, etc. Then I would reply asking for details about this subject or that story. Never got any answers to my questions, but they would always follow up with another letter and "Thank you _your name here ___ for the nice reply!" In the end, the scammers aren't even fun to mess with. Just dull streams of form letters.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:07:58 PM
$5.00 me love you long time, Joe!

Good luck with this new adventure!
Bone up on Soviet History.
 Invictus01
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:12:26 PM
A 4 page thread about a scam that is up there with one of those Nigerian money letters. Priceless.
 Scottisred
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:29:28 PM
I saw a Dateline tv show once, not long ago.A man met a Russian girl on line "FELL IN LOVE" and brought her over here.She then convinced him that her brother was in trouble over there because she came to live in the U.S.She wanted him to bring her brother over here to live.He paid for her brother's plane ticket and put him up in their house until he could get on his feet.This went on for about 6 or 8 month's when the poor guy came home one day and found his wife and her brother having sex in his bed!Come to find out,the guy was actually her husband from Russia!He paid to have her husband flown over to the U.S!Their divorced now, and trying to ship the Ruskies back is almost impossible once their here,political asylum you know.Drop the Russian,she's up to no good!You know the old saying:If it's too good to be true,it usually is!
 Invictus01
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:36:18 PM

Their divorced now, and trying to ship the Ruskies back is almost impossible once their here,political asylum you know

That's BS. Political asylum is really tough to get these day.

Her green card is permanent after 3 years of marriage. If she was still on a temporary green card and they got divorced, her choices are limited to going back or staying here illegally.

Either way, I have no idea why anybody would wanna get himself into this kind of crap.
 briargate
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:14:30 PM
Look, there are plenty of scammers out there, but not all Russians are on the take for a Green card. The woman I met years ago from the old Eastern Bloc was already living in the States on a visa. If you were to date anyone from abroad, they can similarly visit on a travel visa that is good for six months. That should be plenty of time to get to know each other. In my case, my wife actually grew homesick after five years and moved back to her country. That is the biggest worry I would consider with dating someone from another country. It's very difficult to live so far from home in such a strange culture.
 Manushki5
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/11/2009 7:20:38 PM

They are looking to create a relationship long enough to acquire a citizenship in a Western country. The countries they target are usually England, Australia, Canada, USA. You will be amazed at how many are out there.

I think,the people-who are ready to do everything-only just for to enter to some country or to get citizenship of some country-their mind doesn't work well.
i'm wondering-why they don't think about reality-maybe they will have worse life in that new country-than they had it in their native country...
Maybe they think that in that other country from the sky will fall down money and nice life..(Stupidness)...
I think their mind is in full of illusions and normal people don't live in illusions.....
 milecreative
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 9:50:59 PM
Well after reading many American women profiles that have such a list of wants; it turns off any red blooded American male.

Of course out sourcing is not the only option, but American women seem to make it such; any attractive idea will do with all that baggage one must check...

Let us not exist in a sense of false reality. The chance of true cyberspace love is about as sure as the U.S. stock market...Hey maybe it is a good time to buy a Dodge!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > From Russia, With Love????