Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > They wanted to hold my hand at the first meeting?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Annie was here
Msg: 97
They wanted to hold my hand at the first meeting?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Glad to hear you met someone shirley. Now as far as what you
are comfortable with you don't need to explain or justify it to anyone.
Personally I do not want a man who I feel no attraction towards touching
me either.

When the attraction is there though all bets are off and all sorts of touching
can commence.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 98
view profile
History
They wanted to hold my hand at the first meeting?
Posted: 5/31/2010 2:20:08 PM

You are all missing the point. They wanted to hold my hand in the first 20 minutes of a first meeting. That in my opinion is too fast. I don't hold hands with a stranger and that is what they are at that point...a stranger; someone with whom I am just becoming acquainted. Someone who pushes physical touch so soon in my opinion, is someone who is in a hurry and then I must question his motives for the rush.

no one here has missed your point. you've repeated it too many times for that to be possible. they simply disagree with you.
 jeepwmn
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/31/2010 3:18:57 PM
Glad to hear that you met someone too. Definitely agree about people who push things too soon. .I've had someone try to kiss me, and I was not ready to be kissed/wasn't feeling it. He ended up kind of missing me, because I moved away, so I ended up with slobber on the side of my mouth. Also, had someone who came on too strong, and tried to hug me too close (if you know what I mean), moments after meeting. The hand holding would irritate me, too, but there are worse things!
 *buzz*
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2010 9:52:06 AM
I would hope people would agree with me that prior going to "meet & greet" there were some mails sent to & fro and their ending showed at least one or few "x" (kisses). No surprise then - when face to face - there is a peck on the cheek. But holding hands? Oh no!

I would have a feeling that someone in need of holding my hands would like to "jump the queue" rather than "getting to know" each other.

There is time & place for getting touchy - feely, IMO.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/7/2010 7:14:46 PM
holding hands...how risque....!!!!!!!!!!!

lord the things that turn us off these days from potential partners.

how does one react when trying to get a kiss on a first date with the OP!????

seriously, guys that know- if I wanna hold a woman's hand on a first date, I'll put my hand there close to hers...then allow her to make the move to grab my hand.

that way its not forced....
 sunbeach95
Msg: 102
Posted: 10/7/2010 8:27:20 PM
This topic has been blown out of proportion. Holding hands doesn't necessary that he wants sex on a first date. It doesn't even mean that he wants to kiss yet. I think the OP wasn't attracted to him and used the hand holding as an excuse to lose interest in him.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/8/2010 5:28:58 AM

well, when dating a man that's been single and not dating for awhile, you just never know where that hands been!

off topic, I decided to count the number of boondocks saints on POF after watching the movie yet again.

Wow, lots of catholic vigilante wanna be's among us!

are you kidding? you know exactly where ou rhands have been, even if you're giving it up 3 times a nigth!!

hey, don't knock the boondock saints (the sequel was atrocious) acstually I prefer GhostDog over the Saints....but it'll be alright!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/9/2010 4:44:36 AM
He liked you.......

You were not into him it seems. The end.

holding hands...how risque....!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
99.99% of the time I would agree............

We could debate HOW a man holds a hand..Sometimes it's just flipping creepy.
Remember the old palm scratch and finger stroke up and down..GAWD give me my hand back

If we are walking I appreciate a good hand hold..I tend to wander with out seeing that big bus coming.

A first meet having him stare into my eyes and stroke( make love) to my hand over a salad..is off putting IMO.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/9/2010 5:52:22 AM
on a first date if we were walking together. I look at the body language that I'm getting first before I do anything. If I see her leaning into me and holding on to me and I feel attraction toward her. I'm holding her hand. If not I just stay chill.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > They wanted to hold my hand at the first meeting?