Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hdryder
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Hey.... I am in your age group..... you put on the strong act in front of the kids.... and at night.... you do that..... i know.... i have done it too....

it takes a long time to get over it too.... keep the chin up bro'..... the world depends on people like you.... your kids will always love you ...... they are your world right now.... you will find a better person than their mom.... it takes a while for sure, but it will happen... be brave....
 mikedanger
Msg: 27
I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:36:07 AM
@lisa: friends yeah... but as a very wise man once said, "i've got plenty o' friends... i want a lover!" ...i think it was socrates....
 nclady
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/10/2006 2:49:42 AM
i just wanted to say i am sorry that happened to you.i understand what you are going thru.after 28 years of marriage,my husband left me for his secretary.the most devestating thing to hear is,i don't love you anymore,i want a divorce.i felt like a knife had gone thru my heart,i have never hurt so bad in my life.i have cried so much i didn't think i could cry anymore,and i still have my moments.we will be divorced a year in may,and i am sure that will be a difficult day for me as well.he seems to be in my thoughts daily,no matter how much i try to forget.i have dated some,but,they never work out,i am so afraid of being hurt again,when i am still healing from a broken heart.i thank god i have my 4 adult kids for support.it is very hard at my age to start all over again,but,i am trying,sometimes the lonileness can get to you.i have learned one thing,the world doesn't stop for your grief.good luck to everyone,and keep your head up,and move forward,never looking back!
 Poet102781
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:27:12 AM
I THINK EVERYBODY SHOULD JUST TURN ON THEIR HEART LIGHTS...

This is life people...shure it sucks....but the trick is to LEARN, and GROW. Its Ok to cry...shit....get it out..its good for you.

But after a good mourning session.....go out and live life again.....one person dosnt make up who you are.

Its inside you...you just have to find it again...HAVE FUN ITS OK...and cheer up....when life gives me lemmons....I make beef stew.
 kareem el torky
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/12/2006 7:53:14 AM
haloooooooooo
I kareem el torky
from egypt
 Billbug
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/14/2006 11:19:36 PM
Hey, you have your kids. My ex ran off years ago and took mine...I never saw them for over 14 mths because she did a midnight flit and I had to wait till the courts overruled her and allowed me contact, after I chased all over the country trying to find her. Hell, why don't all of us lonely men just go out and commit mass suicide? Maybe that would help....(yeah, I can just see the sympathy pouring in as I speak...ha ha). By the way, I am 54 this year. Want a tip? Get a cat....
 Poet102781
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/18/2006 9:45:37 AM
You all need to cheer up

There now thats out of the way...

TURN YOU HEART LIGHTS ON...and get with the lovin!!!

The more you sit arround and be sad, THE MORE YOU SIT ARROUND AND BE SAD!!

Come on people....let the past be the past, and hope for the future. Brush aside your sadness and anger...and just love...no matter what!!

You can do it... I have faith in you!!
 rossal
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/18/2006 10:36:50 AM
I am amazed and the IN-sensitivity I see in these posts......It is quite common for people to not HEAR what the other is saying, and just tell someone to get over it, get a life, etc.

Anyone with any intelligence realizes what they SHOULD/need.....to do, but they are talking about their FEELINGS.

If it were as easy as (cliche) "get on with it, get a life, get out there" etc., etc...ad nauseum; there would be NO hurting people, because they would be DOING that.....

Where is the gentle: How can I help? Do you want to talk? What happened? What is going on right now? etc., etc....etc.?

Obviously, I am not saying everyone blasts the hurting.....just some responses I see, shock me.

I counsel abused women (no degree, but 36 years of abuse and extensive research have made me an "expert' in the subject)...

Being abused quite frequently makes one hyper-sensitive to criticisim....that is me.

Love....to all the hurting and also to the ones who don't understand.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/18/2006 10:51:14 AM
ip ~ I couldn't agree more. I cry sometimes. That's better than I once was. What I found ~ I wasn't missing another person. I was missing ME. Two years after that epiphany, I am happy. I did not date the entire time. Another person isn't the answer for a broken heart. The only answer is to figure out what went wrong (as best you can) and figure out your personal part of the problem (because it is always a two sided issue) and make yourself aware of "who" you truly are. Then, you'll not only make better life choices, but you will be happier in your own right. I would not have been good for anyone two years ago, because I wasn't being good to myself. I am still alone ~ but I'm certainly NOT lonely. I travel, I go to the theater, opera, dinners, movies, etc. by myself. It was weird at first. Scary, even. But it became a part of who I am. Before, I wanted someone to be in my life. Now, I want to share my life. Big difference. I disappeared many times (not geographical ~ I disappeared from others and myself) but each time I did that, it was easier to reappear. Along the way, I learned one very important thing about myself, I made BAD choices. It wasn't someone else's fault. I picked people that were not for me. When it would blow up and end, I would wonder "Again????" Of course again. Unless you are willing to do the work, expect that you will get what you've always had. That wasn't an option for me. Fix the problem in your own self and the rest will fall into place.

~OP~ It does get easier. But it isn't given. You have to work on it. Be true to you ~ someone wonderful will see that. The end result ~ you'll be with someone who is suited for you. Best of luck to you. And, cry if/when you feel the need. No shame in that.
 Poet102781
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/18/2006 11:16:25 AM
Damn...that lady was insensitive...ouch..sounds like she has ben burned more than once!!

I dont see it as whineing...I see it as..they just need a little motivation is all.

There was a time where I didnt shave, or leave the house...then my friends came, and picked me up...littleraly kicked me in my ass , and said that my life shouldnt revolve arround someone elese.

It helped me alot...considering I didnt shower for allmost a week, and I hade this funky beard like thing..that didnt grow in spots

Motivation should come from first understanding, and then compassion!!
 Poet102781
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/18/2006 11:50:05 AM
OMG!!!!

Finaly someone got it!!

Thats why I put it in my profile!!!

You are one smart lady...I dont tell ANYBODY why it is in my profile, unless they get it right, or ask why that painting.

You rock!!

Thank you.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 12:30:01 PM
I could not empathize with the way you are feeling...more. I have been there... I know exactly what it is like. I know that...like it or not... you have to embrace all that you are feeling..... cry all that you need to cry... grieve all that you need to grieve. It will end eventually...honest...even if it feels like it won't.

Now... having said that: You need to look for some gratefullness. There is ALWAYS something to be grateful for. Hey, it could be a lot worse...you got the kids! I didn't!! And I had to face a cowardly lying she devil... with her new idiot boyfriend..trying to fight me all the time...both in the courts, and at my home when ever the children exchanges would take place!!! I had post traumatic stress so bad I would wake up in the middle of the night...all the time...thinking I was dying of a heart attack!!! It was one of the most terrifying things I have been thru...and I still had all the heartache...lonliness...crying...ect, that you have.

I'm just trying to give you some perspective, thats all. I know it is bad. I aggree completely with you on that one.... but, look for that gratefullness. Whether you know it or not... it is there! best of luck to you.
 Poet102781
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/19/2006 7:35:15 AM
Yikes!!!!

Well, I wasnt attacking you...so retract the claws!!

What I was saying (writeing ) is that, alltho you were trying to help, you came off sounding like you couldnt care less, and that people that feel this way, are babys.

That is what I was saying....so if your offended...that wasnt my intentions.

I like my own filth thank you very much
 DrewBond007
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/19/2006 10:31:48 AM
why are you worried about being alone? you can do what you want, when you want and who you want when the time comes...

you will die in your grave...alone. may as well get used to it
 albus57
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2006 11:36:16 AM
I so sorry that you feel this way. I wife died in my arms 2 years ago and yes, I still cry at night. It gets better. You where given the most wonderful gift in life. Your children. You must make them the MOST IMPORTANT thing in your life and you in theirs. You got the best end of the deal here. I know its hard to deal with but you need to move forward. Don't be bitter or worry about being alone. Many other go through much wrost and you will be just fine. Worry about your kids. Become their hero. You will be just fine.
Doug
 Poet102781
Msg: 48
I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!==Read my e mail! PLEASE
Posted: 7/19/2006 1:50:48 PM
Ouch....thats why I never like to argue with a woman...whew!
 babsm
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/3/2006 9:11:08 AM
Dear Mitch:

I truely wish everyone world wide from this site would read what you have written and take it to heart.

The reason I say this is because there are way to many people out there that are ready to settle for the first person that shows interest or "sleeps with them". Lets face it people what ever happened to getting to know someone and feeling so comfortable with them that things happen naturally. Maybe you don't end up with that person but you could always end up with a new true blue friend.

I think I am going to try your technique and see how it works for me. Will keep you updated.

Once again Mitch thanks

Babs
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!