Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shifty13
Msg: 201
I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!Page 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I feel your pain on this. I still sometimes sit up at night and cry too. Sometimes things seem unbearable especially when you did everything you could to love and respect that person and they dont return the same. I sometimes sit and wonder where i went wrong and what i can do to not let it happen again. But really all you can do is just pick yourself up and try again. Its a hard thing to do belive me I struggle with it everyday but I feel once you hit that low point the only way to go is up!
 FabulousSmile
Msg: 202
I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!
Posted: 4/13/2007 1:07:08 PM
i've done it ocassionally....not as much as i use to mind you. i do often sit an think...why am i feeling this emptiness in my life . i have everything i could possible want....a good job....very independant..a good home...a good life actually...no complaints...just no one to share my life with....its perfectly normal to feel this way...so i hear...an thats ok too...cause with everything we feel in time it passes. so yes i am sure we all feel lonely from time to time...everyone does.....an many will work 24-7 or really keep busy with an interest...just to avoid feeling lonely. your not alone.
 Ron9
Msg: 203
Posted: 4/13/2007 4:29:34 PM
I stopped hurting inside when it finally dawned on me - that I had hurt inside the entire 20 years. Not *just* since she went off into the wild blue yonder. The ENTIRE 20 years.

I read this somewhere ...

“I bless you with love and I release you from my life”.

I more or less said that last August and .................. STOPPED picking up the phone when she called. She called often and came over once in a while.

What I actually said was “so long my old friend”. We were actually friends - I just made it a NO CONTACT kind of thing.

Sure .... I am alone but ..... I was ALWAYS alone and rationalized it away for all those years.

It is one heck of a lot easier to be alone (be by myself) that to be alone in the same house your spouse lives in. To be alone when she was 25 foot away. To know for all those years ... I really was not all that important to her.

We have to accept the fact that ...... it is none of our business anymore.

We have to become more interested in the future - the possibilities of the future.

We have to draw the curtain shut on the past.

We have to learn - be reminded - to become the best person we can be. We need to do that for not only ourselves but for the other person that very well may come into our lives someday.

We have to “have love” in order to “give love”
 FabulousSmile
Msg: 204
Posted: 4/16/2007 9:55:54 AM
i dont want to sound negative in any way but after meeting new associates and being out in society for the last year an what i heard and saw...i couldnt believe it ..i cringe just thinking bout it.....not a life i want to be in...sooo being alone isnt so bad after all, least from my experiences. what a night mare...and a sad society ...what a way to be living life.
 Audial Liaison
Msg: 205
Posted: 4/16/2007 10:37:19 AM
Your not the only one, there are many feeling this absence. Im sorry to hear what has happened to you, many could learn from your situation, sometimes, you feel as if you yourself are meant to be a living example so other can learn from, and not have the same result. Faced with imaginary realities like that, you feel hopeless and its totally understandable, yet not a reality. You have much more to give, yet you like many, are not able to see it, and perhaps never will. It is something only a significant other can really make you see by acknowledging it within you.
Your tears are a release, a release of the pain that washes over you day by day, and builds up to a point, you absorb it like a sponge with each passing wave, and then release it at night, only to allow yourself of pain and function yet one more day after. Coasting on fumes it feels like as the hollowness itself, begins to fill you with an absence of the world.

the only thing that can counter this, is hope, and self appreciation.

"I never wanted much from life...oh thats what i got"

Do not lose hope, it is the only fabric strong enough to hold together the weakened threads of your existence.
Online is good, but dont give it the pedestal it might appear to have because so many use it from many locations.

we are all victims here,...some of ourselves.
Dont give up hope my friend,...

this message brought to you by: Someone, who has become quite dark
 hollytt
Msg: 206
Posted: 3/31/2008 10:56:54 AM
Man Up! You are interesting. Youre a beautiful person. Why does your life depend on what others think?........move on and be happy within your self. Find a new hobby....get a new puppy....or maybe go back to school........Stop being the victum>>>>>>>>>Holly
 Friendseeker2
Msg: 207
Posted: 3/31/2008 5:00:20 PM
I totally understand....My exwife, whom I was married to for 21 yrs, was my best friend all of those y ears...has been gone for 6 months....She chose a bar, and several guys over me.....

I still cry at night all the time....Cry at work on occasion...Not a good thing, because of my work environment....and actually, I am crying right now....

I miss her....really do....but after 6 months, I miss just having someone I can care for, someone I can spend time with, someone to talk to....dont know if I cry because of her, or if I cry because I am so lonely....
 littlewin
Msg: 208
Posted: 4/1/2008 2:26:07 PM
I have not even been out on a "real" date in two years. At night when I go to fall asleep my arms feel so empty. My last relationship the man would abuse me and then hold me and tell me how much he loved me. The thing is I still miss that feeling, I know that abused women go through this. I am just tired of crying myself to sleep over not having something that was not real in the first place.
I hate those first few minutes of trying to fall asleep reaching out into emptiness...
I am one to stay up very late in hopes that I fall asleep fast and I won't cry...
 morjen16
Msg: 209
Posted: 4/1/2008 2:51:43 PM
guys you dont cry alone, it took along time but i finally found what i was looking for. remember what your mother said was true "you have to kiss alot of frogs before you find that prince or princess". she is out there dont ever give up she may be the next one you see. if you need a friend look me up i have been where you are , i know what it is all about. Always make sure your kids come first and the rest will fall into place.

remember it will happen
 Ima Lady
Msg: 210
Posted: 4/1/2008 2:59:48 PM
^^I'm opposite, can't wait for bedtime, so I can escape, what I feel all day. Geeze Louise.
Why would someone leave all of us??????????????????? or 'abuse' any of us!!!???
 kwh56
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 3:09:01 PM
Well my wife of 23 years out of the blue told me she had filed for divorce and wouldn't even give me a reason. It started out she had the kids but a drinking problem she acquired after the divorce led to her losing the kids to me. I admit there were tough times but you know what? You have your kids like I do and that makes it all worth it to me. Anymore I see her for what she is A big loser! Yes a female would be nice but thats actually more of a want rather than a need. I focus on my children and then if I have free time me.
 sn0wdr1ft
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 3:38:26 PM
well... I can't even imagine how much that must hurt... I've experienced loneliness and I still do, it sucks. I will tell you one thing though, if you want to find another woman, BE STRONG! Depression is a repellent for women, and if they see your sadness you're done. You have to MAN UP and ACT STRONGER THAN YOU ARE! That's about the best advice someone less than half your age can give you :P Good luck man.
 hennypenny54
Msg: 213
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:52:40 PM
To all of you feeling lonely and unloved, and I am in the same boat too, try reading a book called "live, laugh and love again" written by 4 women who survived divorce and all the same things we all feel. We need to think about ourselves for a change and reach out to others as often as we can. Find a great therapist and talk it all out. Be proactive and renew your faith in God. One door closes another opens and this has all happened for a reason.
 Kundalinifan
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 4:19:17 AM
Ron9, this thread seems to have gone for 2 years and yours is a really uplifting, practical and useful reply. I am going to use it - bless them and let them go. Thank you.
 mushortgurl03
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 12:12:43 PM
I'm there with you OP. I cry at night every so often because my queensize bed feels so lonely. But I hope that one day it will be filled. Right now I take the tears as a means to let out frustration every so often. Once it becomes a daily thing, something else is up.
 Dr. Gazebo
Msg: 216
Posted: 4/2/2008 10:11:13 PM
Xainos

Change your profile. Under about yourself. you have

aaaa

ddd

xxxx

Under what to do for a date you have..

Pfffff

That really isnt very attractive.
 forever always
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 11:29:19 AM
I am 58 just turned and I have looked for someone since I have been 19...been married more than once and the last husband who became my ex married 6 months later and 6 weeks later me was found hung. The woman he wanted sorry to say didn't want him and all that for nothing except 165,ooo life insurance policy was ruled a suicide so she got nothing and then had to prove who the father to her brand new baby to get support from 3 different men including my ex...at least now he can't hurt anyone any more. But what a sad ending to a man who got what he deserved and they always say you reap what you sow. But this is not the whole story...the worst is also the last. I had a man from texas contact me last nov and he said he was born and raised there and was a citizen but now lives in the uk. He wrote a wonderful christian letter 2 pages and said he wanted to trnasfer back to the states where he was from. He wrote to me on my yahoo account as I don't own a computer and I can get my mail at work. So to answer back I went to check his account data and I could not find it ...no where...I even thought I dreamed him up but he said it was from singlesnet and he got off to write to me as he thought I was worth it to freeze his account...but to write I would have like to kow sme knowledge just to be able to have converstaion than to ask him all opver again what your profile would have said and not look totalally stupid since I did not keep his account...act...who would have thougth it would not still be there...hmmm...any way he wrote ask any questions and he would answer...well 5 months later with emails once a week to once a month and then I m's he finally came through with an address and no number to call and the adress belongs to the london times newspaper so he either lives in the broom closet or on the roof ...does he not think american woman are that despersate or lonely to not check since I really know nothing more about him than what he wrote in that very first letter. His name is victor christian 48... 12 13 59 with a son victor whi is about 20. He said he sent me flowers fro my birhtday in mar but the flower comp in conn. called me and I called back to talk to a man unidentified or even the shop's name who takes orders over thecomputer and the flowers were sent to a lady in nj with mjy phone number and his son's email address and it was credit card fraud and since I wrote to him and said thanks so much for the flowers I never got and this scam really does belong to you since you had my phone number and it was your own son's emial if you are not to blame thenyou are as quilty as you provided the information...so now no mail in 2 mohts im once in a while as he is BUSY...so I wasted all that time on a credit card fraud with someone who says he does not know what I ma talking about...so sorry for the person who got billed for my flowers and I am sure for more than that...scared of people now...
 ReakK
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 7:08:19 PM
This is from a woman . Close to your age...Stop feeling sorry for yourself...And realize how lucky you are. Your children are with you. The way you say and I ended up with the kids..... You should feel lucky you have them.As they know they are safe and have a secure home. With there Dad...

With the way you say you ended up with them.Would make me step back and think twice....Now a man who writes...I am blessed my children are with me. And I will whatever it takes to make them feel loved and secure...Now that is one I might consider..
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 219
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:11:31 AM
He's not running out of time if he's looking for people close to his age, status, etc.. If he expects to snag a woman a lot younger than him, better looking than him, wealthier than him, more educated than him, etc., then he's in for a rough ride. Then again, that's true of any age - people who have a lot going for them gravitate to those who are most similar to them.
 Morgana1957
Msg: 220
Posted: 4/6/2008 6:34:43 PM
Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly. You shouldn't have to wake up day after day after that, trying to understand how in the world you didn't know. The light just never went on, you know. I must have known, of course, but I was too scared to see the truth. Then fear just makes you so stupid. It takes a part of you away for awhile never knowing if there is that special someone that can put it back.
 pinkladyrose
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 3:56:25 PM
yes i know how you feel friendseeker2 , i was with my x for 27 yrs and i thought he hung the stars and i have cried so much over him it hurts anymore.
maybe you and i should meet and cry together and get over them.
 pinciperro
Msg: 222
Posted: 4/13/2008 7:52:00 PM
I truly feel your sorrow.. I know this sounds trite right now to you, but its been five years. That is much too long to grieve the "death" of your relationship. I would highly suggest that you engage the help of a psychologist/psychiatrist to get you through this. I have been in your shoes, but not for the length of time that you have. I hated it when people always said to me," this will give you more time to get to know yourself". BLAH...
Turns out, they were right.. Time has changed my perspective. I no longer wish to be part of a couple. I enjoy the freedom that comes with my solitude.
It is a blessing to me. You should focus on the fact that she is gone! She won't be back, then let it go...
You do not NEED someone to make you complete. You should join in the beauty of living and embrace those who are sent your way. JMO
 elco1980
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 11:05:24 PM
umm do what i do... get a really stressful job or two and believe you me you very quickly forget about the loneliness and your ex teehhehehehe. But in seriousness just be active. It took me like a year and a half to get over my ex to the point where i didnt think about it everyday and althought its been more then two years and yet not even a date i don't see it as loneliness I just see it as being alone but I am not lonely cos i cherish my family and wonderfull friends that i have :-) hang in there I am sure it will get better.

And as for the job, for real it helps! I've been at this stressful job plus my part time job and havent thought about the ex in ages, i just think about my job too much LOL
 awesomegrl
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:08:59 AM
There are so many men on this website who don't give themselves enough credit. You are attractive, seem to have your priorities in line, yet are hard on yourselves. Chin up-press on! If you weren't so far away I'd be honored to make you the happiest man alive!
 wantedtheone
Msg: 225
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:43:12 AM
I can honestly say I have my nights I do also. Been hurt bad in the past. I came home to find my wife in bed with her boy toy. Then I start getting over it and get in a relationship with a very good friend of mine who ends up after a year and a half of being with me up and leaves with her 3 kids. I have lost a house damn near my sanity and close to a lot more. I have looked and looked for that one woman but have not been able to find her. Found one that made me happy but she wasn't ready for a relationship. I have been told I am a great guy that I treat women right I am sweet and caring and I would be a great husband but it looks like I am not what women want. It is hard to find love but I know I have had it and if its meant to be again it will happen. I have my kids my drawing and my poetry a few good friends and family. I keep going because I wont stop trying I am to stubborn to quit. Its hard when you have to worry about things and know that nothing you do seems to matter. But things will hopefully get better I hope.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I Still CRY at Night ALONE!!